Gem Store Sale and Gem Purchase Delays

I saw an item in the gemstore that was on sale and so dropped $100 on gems. I then received an email stating that my purchase would not be honored immediately, that I would be informed when it had been reviewed. By the time I received my gems the item was no longer on sale. I hope this serves as explanation for why someone might make the decision to avoid buying gems going forward.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Probably making sure it was a legit transaction for a larger amount.  Never had it happen personally, and the delay is unfortunate.  Perhaps contact customer support and explain what happened and see if they can help.  They may just say oh well wait until next time, but worth a shot.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

I saw an item in the gemstore that was on sale and so dropped $100 on gems.

When Anet changed the payment provider for the gem store end of last year, there was an exploit that allowed people getting unlimited amounts of gems for free. Most likely that's the reason why any larger purchases are reviewed and delayed nowadays. Depending on where you are living, you might sadly be better off buying gem codes from Amazon instead. :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Farohna.6247 said:

Probably making sure it was a legit transaction for a larger amount.  Never had it happen personally, and the delay is unfortunate.  Perhaps contact customer support and explain what happened and see if they can help.  They may just say oh well wait until next time, but worth a shot.

A few years ago I'd been waiting about 6 months for bank tabs to go on sale, then missed a 24 hour sale by a few hours because I was away when it happened. I contacted Support and asked if there was anything they could do and they told me to buy one at full price then update the ticket, and then they refunded gems to match the sale price.

I don't know if that's something they'd still do and I can't remember if it was one of the things they said they'll only do once per account, but it couldn't hurt to ask.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sarajiel.5830 said:

When Anet changed the payment provider for the gem store end of last year, there was an exploit that allowed people getting unlimited amounts of gems for free. Most likely that's the reason why any larger purchases are reviewed and delayed nowadays. Depending on where you are living, you might sadly be better off buying gem codes from Amazon instead. :classic_rolleyes:

No Amazon Gem Cards in the US.  But, Best Buy has them.

• Sad 1

Luckily the European Amazon stores still offer gem codes. I hope you guys on the other side of the pond get them again soon.

If I remember correctly from the last sales mess in Nov./Dec., the official Dutch and Swiss online retailers also offer codes for people in the US.