Eod Strikes already garbaged

On 3/10/2022 at 1:20 PM, ugrakarma.9416 said:

All LFM(look for member) with requirments.

The LFG, guys with hours there without nobody pick them.

EoD Strikes are almost wayyyyyy longer than IBS.

I liked Vindicator, but it seems low DPS, by the amount of talk of nerds on pvp/pve foruns, the spec will be suppport. 

Theres no "play as u want in Gw2". The sum of elitist + nerd ideas, tend to make metas build almost bizarre hybrids, i dont want be a "support greatsworder".

Make your own group in LFG then? If you even want, you can even say "no requirements and no skills required, come with blue or green gear if you like and press random things on the keyboard".

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

They're probably talking about burst damage, not sustained dps, as well as mixing cleave and single-target damage, and have no idea there's a difference.

"sustained dps" u mean pick a average in a time interval? perhaps thats why my "numbers" sounds crazy to u guys..... so let see it another terms: a classe design where its rely on a "nuke bombs"(vindicator dodge "bomb", and GS #5) is really not a big deal to that kind of content, even if on "average dps" the numbers seems ok.

Thats why when i swapped to willbender burn, things get very better, i dont rely on "nuke bombs",....... i can throw anything, build burn ticks, and just worry to escape bosses mechanics.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

"sustained dps" u mean pick a average in a time interval? perhaps thats why my "numbers" sounds crazy to u guys..... so let see it another terms: a classe design where its rely on a "nuke bombs"(vindicator dodge "bomb", and GS #5) is really not a big deal to that kind of content, even if on "average dps" the numbers seems ok.

You have a vid linked here:

Still didn't explain which part of it is somehow  a lie.

2 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

Thats why when i swapped to willbender burn, things get very better, i dont rely on "nuke bombs",....... i can throw anything, build burn ticks, and just worry to escape bosses mechanics.

You're free to play whatever you prefer, but you're not free to make up "alternative facts".

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

You have a vid linked here:

Still didn't explain which part of it is somehow  a lie.

firs i don't bother with "explain", im not a nerd race to check numbers. i don't do that even when i play Hoi4.

U guys have 3~4 words for just "damage".

Just show why that "hardcore gaming" in gw2 don't have appeal to casuals.

Seriously, 4 kinds of damage metrics for a poor graphics, trash gamestyle when all we see is explosions and "big numbers" floating?

I never see a word "cleave" in GW2.

Lets explain a concept called "What u see is what you get" to developers is very old concept in software development.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Melech.4308 said:

Make your own group in LFG then? If you even want, you can even say "no requirements and no skills required, come with blue or green gear if you like and press random things on the keyboard".

look how make own LFG worked on raids! when have so many news raids in Eod, the content is thriving!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 6

29 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

firs i don't bother with "explain", im not a nerd race to check numbers. i don't do that even when i play Hoi4.

Seriously, 4 kinds of damage metrics for a poor graphics, trash gamestyle when all we see is explosions and "big numbers" floating?

Lets explain a concept called "What u see is what you get" to developers is very old concept in software development.

Sorry, but seeing how on any sign of mentioning numbers (despite you bringing up your own -fake- dps values before) you keep throwing "nerd" left and right in an attempt to use it pejoratively because you don't like the facts you see with your own eyes, I find it hard to believe you have anything to do with being a software developer (because that's also what you've said you are on the previous page). Since when do devs show this kind of disgust towards something as clear and simple (to both use and read) as dps logs?

Dps isn't "4 different words for just damage" -it's damage per second, which means nobody cares about the burst of one skill in the bubble, since the dps needs to be relatively even over longer period of times. It's literally a term you've used in your first post in this thread ("I liked Vindicator, but it seems low DPS"). IF you don't understand the term you want to use, then ask what it means (or google it) instead of throwing it left and right while trying to argue something you're objectively wrong about.

Anyways, you've claimed that snowcrows lies about their dps values. Now that you have a literal video showing you the facts, you're reverting to doing... this. Complaining about naming for damage values or w/e. Stop dodging the facts you dislike please. You're free to dislike the gameplay of mmorpgs all you want, but then make your threads/posts according to what you mean instead of making seemingly random false claims.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

If you use a skill that does 15000 damage every 10 seconds you are not doing 15000 DPS, you are doing 1500. 

Damage refers to the amount of damage you do with one attack.
DPS refers to the damage you do over one second, from this we have;
Burst DPS, the amount of damage you do over a short duration, this is usually HIGH, in case of Vindicator 60-70k for ~5 seconds, then falls down to 35k.
Sustained DPS is what you do over a longer time, for example 60 seconds. If every second you deal 30 000 your sustained DPS is obviously 30 000. 

When we say Cleave we mean that you hit MULTIPLE opponents at once and your DPS will go up, because it counts both at once, which is not the correct value. That's why people specify things like "~35k target DPS"

Not that hard to know.

This whole thing can be solved, join me in the Aerodrome on the target golem and we'll see the what your "nuke bombs" Vidnicator actually does. Much simpler than throwing random words and numbers out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/10/2022 at 6:40 PM, Sarius.9285 said:

that's your opinion. But those people are looking for like minded/similar experienced people and there's nothing wrong with that

Oh but they are clowns.. i joined 500 Li group today and guess what i see there: commander himselfs is the biggest leech, dies on every aoe, has no idea on the mechanics and how the fight works, he was "dps" aswell with the lowest dps of the whole group.. so if those are the people who ask that much from pugs yet themselfs are so bad at the game there is something wrong with that dont you think.. i ended up making my own group only asking for a roles we needed for a fight and guess what - we one shot the boss :") so people who came to 0 kp harvest temple did better than 500li group with their clown commander

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

45 minutes ago, soul.9651 said:

Oh but they are clowns.. i joined 500 Li group today and guess what i see there: commander himselfs is the biggest leech, dies on every aoe, has no idea on the mechanics and how the fight works, he was "dps" aswell with the lowest dps of the whole group.. so if those are the people who ask that much from pugs yet themselfs are so bad at the game there is something wrong with that dont you think.. i ended up making my own group only asking for a roles we needed for a fight and guess what - we one shot the boss :") so people who came to 0 kp harvest temple did better than 500li group with their clown commander

Thats because these requirements are stupid and making your'e own group with your'e rules is not hard. So i don't get the full on mimi from peeps here, dodging the topic of just creating there own group. This mindset exist since raid's where introduced and it's just so frustrating. On the one hand saying this is stupid(i don't talk about you) but on the other hand, they don't want to do anything ><.

And you can say what you want about this low dps-whatever Comm's who bring nothing to a group. These people TRY, they are making their own thing and don't mimi in the forum about gatekeeping and  and looking for one excuse after the other to condone those baaad "hardcore" "elitist" whatever players.

Just make your'e own group and good is. As i once said about "Dungeons are dead". When i post a group in the LFG, even for arah, the group will fill in less than 5min, because people WAIT for others to make a move, instead of just doing it themself. You know, this goes bot ways, people want easy runs and think they get them 100% with requierements and wait therefor.

But there are also people like here, who want that other peeps do the stuff for you(not you, i'm talking about this whole discussion), so you can join and just fullfill your'e role. And you wait and wait and wait and then post here on the Forum that group xy is in the lfg since 100 years. See the irony?

Edited by Fuchslein.8639
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, soul.9651 said:

Well, why do you think he created a 500 LI group?

Real pros ask for bananas.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

Thats because these requirements are stupid and making your'e own group with your'e rules is not hard. So i don't get the full on mimi from peeps here, dodging the topic of just creating there own group. This mindset exist since raid's where introduced and it's just so frustrating. On the one hand saying this is stupid(i don't talk about you) but on the other hand, they don't want to do anything ><.

And you can say what you want about this low dps-whatever Comm's who bring nothing to a group. These people TRY, they are making their own thing and don't mimi in the forum about gatekeeping and  and looking for one excuse after the other to condone those baaad "hardcore" "elitist" whatever players.

Just make your'e own group and good is. As i once said about "Dungeons are dead". When i post a group in the LFG, even for arah, the group will fill in less than 5min, because people WAIT for others to make a move, instead of just doing it themself. You know, this goes bot ways, people want easy runs and think they get them 100% with requierements and wait therefor.

But there are also people like here, who want that other peeps do the stuff for you(not you, i'm talking about this whole discussion), so you can join and just fullfill your'e role. And you wait and wait and wait and then post here on the Forum that group xy is in the lfg since 100 years. See the irony?

I dont need anyone to do stuff for me as i said in the end i made my own squad. what im trying to say if u gonna play like crap then dont ask that many kp from others aswell because commanders like those are just wasting everyones time. If i join those groups i expect from them to perform without 0 mistakes and have perfect benchmarks otherwise why in hell would u ask 500li and misslead people like that. 

Edited by soul.9651
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, soul.9651 said:

250 banana squads do better than most 500LI squads.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, soul.9651 said:

I dont need anyone to do stuff for me as i said in the end i made my own squad. what im trying to say if u gonna play like crap then dont ask that many kp from others aswell because commanders like those are just wasting everyones time. If i join those groups i expect from them to perform without 0 mistakes and have perfect benchmarks otherwise why in hell would u ask 500li and misslead people like that. 

Yeah and i wrote that i didn't talk about you. I was just using your'e comment as a example how easy it is, to make your'e own group. Thank ^^

Also, from my own experience, 250li+ Squads are often way worse then 0 requirements-squads, or even trainings-squad. But as i said, this is my personal experience. I know people who prefer 250li+ squads, because they have only positive experience made with these.

Edited by Fuchslein.8639
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

Yeah and i wrote that i didn't talk about you. I was just using your'e comment as a example how easy it is, to make your'e own group. Thank ^^

Mb then sowwy xd im just frustrated after that one run rn 😄 and was doing some events so i just red only some parts of your comment 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

These bosses have far too much HP.

No. They really don't. I'm firmly in the camp of Dragon's End being a mistake for open world but this is a very different piece of content. The Soo-Won fight is very simple but the group and organizational requirements are not a fit for open world.

My group yesterday had 4 dead and of the two pure DPS one was firmly below the 3 living alac/quick players. I did all but one Sniper breakbars alone (which should tell you something about the tuning, if this was meant to be hard the mechanic would require a lot more than one player pressing one button after ziplining over there). Also had 7 revives which is a little high, seeing the Mech laser downing 5 people in one go was truly a sight to behold.

But we didn't wipe and it didn't even take that long. The only time anyone got ever hit by the numbers mechanic was right at the start and then it played out without a hitch. Keeping the adds apart was not clean but fine and everyone spread when they should etc..

The irony is Arc dps is a tool for three types of players in this game, sweaty speed runners or players who use the detailed view to learn for the fun of it and people who need it but would never get it. While there is something quite wrong with the design of Soo-Wong (instance level tuning, not repeatable and huge variance in ability usage) the perception of the strike bosses on the rooftop having too much HP is a very different problem.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Damage refers to the amount of damage you do with one attack.
DPS refers to the damage you do over one second, from this we have;
Burst DPS, the amount of damage you do over a short duration, this is usually HIGH, in case of Vindicator 60-70k for ~5 seconds, then falls down to 35k.
Sustained DPS is what you do over a longer time, for example 60 seconds. If every second you deal 30 000 your sustained DPS is obviously 30 000. 

To add to that: there is a number of 7000 average DPS per player for Soo-Won floating around and some who use this do not do so in good faith. Outside the target golem mechanics and DPS uptime are a huge factor and that average includes supports as well.

As a thought experiment let's say a fight is really really hectic fight where uptime even when played flawlessly is only at around 10% and the average DPS required is 7000 ... the fight is ending up literally impossible to beat.

This is also why the broken break bars (de facto additional uptime) and invulnerability or heavy movement phases are huge and Soo-Won has all three in spades.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, soul.9651 said:

yeah, this, i won't will open a LFG asking to be carried.

first thats why i complaned about Vindicator, they launch new content, new specs, but this specs needs be carried in the content they becaus is low DPS.. i dont even mention the CC trash it is. Anyway thats problemas are gone when i switched to willbender.

theres a lot of "chill groups", im just pointing that this will wont last much, theyre there just because the Turtle seekers are there, and everyone know that these turtle guys are there for a single time, like me was there for just extra masteries.(now i discovered more easy masteries, later i will write a guide to easy masteries to skip strikes).

i mock the elitists, because they always start off by assuming we're stupid. second they defend a cheap stuff, a budget mode design delunding themselfs, because everything they look is numbers.

• Confused 5
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, soul.9651 said:

sure that might happen, but its not the rule

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

thats why i complaned about Vindicator, they launch new content, new specs, but this specs needs be carried in the content they becaus is low DPS.

that's just because you don't play it right. It's benchmark is 36k which is more than good.

i mock the elitists, because they always start off by assuming we're stupid. second they defend a cheap stuff, a budget mode design delunding themselfs, because everything they look is numbers.

cool, making fun of people for liking stuff you don't like, very nice. Also again, literally everything you write about gameplay or strikes is wrong....

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

first thats why i complaned about Vindicator, they launch new content, new specs, but this specs needs be carried in the content they becaus is low DPS.. i dont even mention the CC trash it is. Anyway thats problemas are gone when i switched to willbender.

Based on your responses it's you who has to be carried, not your spec. We have two people in the Guild who played Ren and both of them swapped to Vindicator for Power DPS in a blink of an eye. 
Also, trying to tell Guardians that Willbender is so good and mighty is... brave, considering core Guard feels more complete than Willbender.

People trying to help you and your response is being a jerk. Way to go. 

Also, I'm still waiting to see your 40k-50k DPS nuke bomb Vindicator DPS that is apparently worse than Willbender.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

your bit obscessed with 40k, but dont have much intelligence to figure out, try yourself, or wait snowcrows teach u. i don't care. again: im not a nerd in a race;.

i dont opened post to ask for help, i helped myself, already did the strikes. i opened to remenber how garbage this new model is. 

And we are back at insulting others for no kittening reason. You come to the forums to moan about something, you have absolutely no clue about ANYTHING you complain about, throw random terms, numbers around, then get upset when you get called out.

For someone who is a "software developer" you seem to have a massive hatred towards anything data related.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I actually like the strikes, the only one that is dang hard and a mess of mechanics is harvest temple. The rest are interesting but not hard, but Minister Li needs a bit of tuning anet! His charge range is far wider than it should be. Meaning the area on the sides when he does that charge goes further out than the hitbox or even the spell display. That needs to be tweaked. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

And we are back at insulting others for no kittening reason. You come to the forums to moan about something, you have absolutely no clue about ANYTHING you complain about, throw random terms, numbers around, then get upset when you get called out.

For someone who is a "software developer" you seem to have a massive hatred towards anything data related.

lol i didnt need "proof" anything. im already enough of "data".

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4

15 minutes ago, Sarius.9285 said:

you're not good enough at figuring out how to properly play your character, yea

oh yeah this game will thrive much like this.. look at rev forum, all ppl happy with the spec lmao.

i know im not good enough to fractal T4, to raid, to play "vindcator",. to do strike.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 4