this meta need more nerf!

Firstly, before i start, i like to say that i havr successfully complete the meta..ans the strike too.   Ok lets start

1)group requirement-  People don't like failing.  And commanders are peoplr too, in the past few days i have seen all sort of group requirement. Example would be"raid kill proof", "legrndary pve set", "condition only"....  Not all commanders take all player into their group.   

2)map instance limitation- To get turtle. I have no choice but join discord chamnel to find groups.  But finding a group doesn't mean you get to "join" the group.  I spend half hours trying to join a full map.. needless to say i end up disappointed.   The commander even tried switch map..but only end up more people get left out.

3)pre meta- To get a good chance to beat thr meta.(and to open all chest)  everyone in the group have to complete 10 event.   Which will grant 10% contribution. 18 battery charge for offensive and defensive buff.  Food, banner. Plus commander usually take time explain strategy.   All these add up to 30 minutes to 2 hours. Depend on how organize the group.  And did someone manage to join the full map instance.

Time-looking for group and pre meta both take time.  Should meta failed map will reset people throw to different map instance(please correct me if am wrong).  I never find any squad do meta twice in the row.  Should meta fail..one will have to go through everything all over again.  Most people got work/study/family mattet to handle.  Not everyone have the luxury of time.

Difficulty- this is a meta.  How many people willbe running this next week? Next month?  Next year?  I certainally don't enjoy this anymore.. Not after first few fails.  So.. If we keep this at this difficulty.  What will happen when new player join years later and couldn't find any group for the Meta?  Even today..many of the old meta get semi abandon by player.   

My suggestion- turn pre meta contribution into a permanent buff.  Nerf the Meta to dirt and make an original copy in scrying pool or make it a strike or raid.   This meta could act as a training ground and introduce player to strike and raid.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Did we really need yet another thread on this?

I had to repeat this meta 12 times..waste more then 30 hours of my life.  Further more the frustration.  It make gw2 not fun...it make gw2 like every other mmo.   I play gw2 because no one do gear check when i want to run a dungeon.  Am free to play what i like, not what perform the best.

But now things seems to be changing.  I like gw2. Otherwise i wouldnt waste time writing all these.   

To answer your quedtion.. I don't know.  I don't know how much voice will be loud enough to reach anet's ear.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, SmoovRihx.2789 said:

Don't let anyone silence you.

The more threads, the better.

ANET needs to know what's happening on the frontlines.

you really think they don't? They said multiple times that they are tweaking the rewards and monitoring the fight....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Sarius.9285 said:

you really think they don't? They said multiple times that they are tweaking the rewards and monitoring the fight....

at the rate anet is going, it'll take 3-6 months before random open world pugs can do it somewhat reliably, if it gets there at all

map is going to die before then (bad gaming experience + got turtle already = no return)

and yes they are boosting the rewards, but who wants to join up 2hrs in advance + discord for regular gold farms?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

If we want Soo Won to be easy enough for pug groups, we need to nerf the HP by 25%.

This still would lead to some failed attempts. 

I think it would be better to let the dragon lose 5%-10% HP everytime you kill the tail.

Edited by Slowpokeking.8720
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Did we really need yet another thread on this?

yes , because even after the "tail nerf" as some have called it....i noticed no change and group wiped around the same 19%-20% area. when a meta is more difficult than a raid......is pretty sad.....especially because of map size limitations you cant organize a proper group and cant make some ppl hanging around on the map stay and participate or leave so ppl still trying can get in. this meta , while nice in concept , is not even remotely optimal for a meta , a raid maybe , but not a meta.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Slowpokeking.8720 said:

I think it would be better to let the dragon lose 5%-10% HP everytime you kill the tail.

my last 2 attempts i see the groups wipe when it gets to the 3 bosses at the same time (~20% hp left for boss) a health reduction or just reducing those back to 2 would be options for change there.

• Sad 1