A Strange Diet bug [Merged]

On 3/19/2022 at 1:05 PM, Drakor.9127 said:

I wish I knew about this! It took my Dandan, but I guess I still didn't get credit, because it shows 10/11!

Why no checklist???

Me too - put in a bug report with screenshot - I've fed it every fish in the wiki list, and it ate them but still stuck at 10/11. Very frustrating.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, khani.4786 said:

OH VERY STRANGE. I put in my API key here to see which fish I've fed. I've given the turtle the Goliath Grouper and it checked off the Dandan. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/A_Strange_Diet The Dandan fish is still in my inventory.

https://imgur.com/02SutkI

That's so weird! I just checked my own and it has everything checked off except the Goliath Grouper as well. Yet, the Dandan is still in my inventory and it took the Goliath Grouper from me when I gave it to the turtle. Very strange!

7 hours ago, khani.4786 said:

OH VERY STRANGE. I put in my API key here to see which fish I've fed. I've given the turtle the Goliath Grouper and it checked off the Dandan. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/A_Strange_Diet The Dandan fish is still in my inventory.

https://imgur.com/02SutkI

For my API key, the Goliath Grouper is off the list, but the Dandan fish isn't. I went back and caught another Dandan fish. The turtle says that I have a fish that it wants, but it doesn't list the fish as an option for it to eat. Something is definitely up with that Goliath Grouper and Dandan, though. That's one of the fish that I brought up in my last post.

It took my Goliath Grouper but when I used my API key it counted as my Dandan so the turtle will not take the Dandan. Hence I'm missing credit for the Goliath Grouper and he doesn't want another one.  It'll be interesting to see which one you will need for the final turn in once they fix this, so I think I'll hang on to one of each.

10/11 for me, cant give in Dandan. But when I check the achievement on the wiki with my API - it shows that the only fish I'm missing is Goliath Grouper. Should I catch another Goliath Grouper and try to give it? Would it work? Or should I just wait for the fix?

This has been sorta kinda fixed as per today's Patch Notes.

A hungry hatchling in Dragon's End now correctly consumes the right fish.

The achievement also states specifically what fish you need and have handed in already. It seems that The Goliath Grouper was counting for the Dandan, so when you tried to hand in the Dandan after the Grouper, it wouldn't let you. So anyone that's handed in a Goliath Grouper already will need to catch another one.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Silent.6137 said:

Disappointed with the new patch. It already took my Goliath Grouper and I still have Dandan in my inventory. Although, it says it's interested in the fish, no options given. In the achievements, it shows I'm still missing Goliath Grouper and completed Dandan.

Ditto. Same boat.

Dandan fish still not accepted after patch. My others were taken a while ago. Are you we supposed to start over if they were given in a different order from the wiki?

Same as person above, chieve says I am missing goliath grouper but mine was taken already during my submissions earlier.

Edited by Discobizkit.6531

This is pissing me off, I had feed every fish but the Dandan, which is still in my inventory and now it says I still need the Goliath Grouper which I already fed it.  A Goliath Grouper which took me well over an hour of fishing to catch.  This is not a fix, it is a bug just as bad.

7 hours ago, Amane.9158 said:

I had the same issue, my Goliath Grouper was taken and counted as the Dandan. After today's patch, I had to catch another Goliath Grouper and feed that to the turtle to get completion.

Thank you, this worked for a guildie 😄

• Like 1

Since it was a bug to begin with, and it is Dandan & Goliath Grouper that were referenced incorrectly, why not just have an NPC exchange the two? It would certainly be a much easier fix.

The alternative is to waste more time trying to catch another Goliath Grouper. Basically doing the same thing twice for an achievement. Or wait, hoping for a speedy fix.

Will this achievement be fixed for those who has caught all the fishes but are unable to hand the last one in, either Dandan or Goliath Grouper, or do we have to waste time catching it again. Already spent an extra 2 hours with no success and dread having to spend more time on it again to come up disappointed.

• 2 weeks later...