Celestial Harbinger OW

shib.1369

Hey all!

I was wondering if anyone's tried cele for harb in open world/story etc. 

I could try myself but don't want to invest cash in case it's not worth it xD

I personally like the spec gameplay but in challenging solo situations the squishiness is definitely a huge detriment for me.

Thanks in advance for input!

Its good. Dmg is still there and you are super tanky with stack blight. Getting 500 hp/s through the heal but dmg is like 40% lower than viper. But still enough for OW. On the other side you can easily tank 5-8 mobs and aoe them down. So its worth the investment i would say.

If you want to spend as little as possible, you can get some bladed armour from VB (or open any leftover chests you have), which is fully stat-selectable.

Alternatively, you can get exotic dire armour from tp for like 3-4g total and throw some trailblazer / viper / celestial trinkets.

Celestial us nice in the sense that it does a bit of everything, and can be used in wvw if you are into that, but the power stats are not super useful for harbinger. Harb has good burst capabilities as condi already with shroud 2 and pistol 2, and better dps. If you are going celestial, its mostly for the heal power and concentration, though even that is not necessary solo, since you can get 25 might and perma quickness in shroud without any investment.

Personally I was planning to go celestial, too, but I just made the viper+ritualist build that is used for the quickness support build, and just pick parasitic contagion when I need sustain (the scepter trait is not that good when you camp shroud all the time).

• Confused 1

I have tried cele in casual pve and wvw and it works well but there are personal choices for you to make with the build in traits food and skills. 

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSAFoE1aYZoMPGLDk1iF7Vd0E-zxIY1on/MSQKEiKQpzSgTbA-e

You could use Meaty Asparagus Skewers if you feel that you dont need to solo ramp up might to 25 fast or use a regen food like mango pie if you want sustain.

Parasitic Contagion is also good if you feel like you need even more sustain plus Vital Persistence. Just figure out how much sustain to damage ratio you would prefer  

Edited by lovemghool.7613

For open world you can basically run everything.

And as long as you know what you are doing, you will be doing more damage than maybe 60% of the meta squad people.

But please don't be surprised, if you get kicked out of raid or fractal groups with that gear.