Ritualist Stats Selection in Ascended Chests

I'm wondering if anyone has purchased Assault, Malicious, etc ascended chests from Strike Mission vendors, Raid, WvW, etc and found the Ritualist stat anywhere to be selected from the ascended boxes? I had assumed, like Legendary Armor, it would be a selectable stat in a specific box with the release of EOD, however, to my knowledge it seems the only way to get this stat setup is the craft from scratch OR go to the EOD vendor, buy the recipe for the exotic insignia with coins. And for inscriptions I'm completely unsure how to get them other than if you salvage a weapon with that stat already selected which is obviously only on a limited number of items at the moment. 

Anyway help would be appreciated or knowledge if ANet talked about plans on adding the two new stats to ascended boxes in the future. I know with Plaguedoctor it was quite some time before they added them to chests and we had to buy them specifically from the heart vendor in Living Story. Thanks in advance! 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I think they've not added the new stats to older attribute-choice items on purpose.

This way, players currently have to play EoD to get access to the new attribute combinations.

I hope that Arenanet eventually adds these attribute combinations to older items though, maybe one year or half a year after the release. I think it was the same with PoF as well.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Since it's supposed to be based on the expansion we own, we should technically already have access to them on stat selectable gear the moment EOD launched. Some people care more about testing builds with stat combos and having to beat nearly unbeatable meta events just to complete elite specializations achievements to be able to get access to these stats in ascended form through strikes is ridiculous.

Here's the exact quote from their update notes from MAY 28, 2019 proving we should have access to these stats the moment EOD went live.

The majority of attribute-selectable equipment in the game has been updated to include all stats available to your account based on the expansions you own. Legendary equipment has all stats available regardless of expansion ownership. Exceptions include but are not limited to:

• Crafted backpacks
  • Specialization armor and weapon rewards
  • Attribute combinations related to raids and fractals (Assaulter's, Defender's, Healer's, and Malicious)

The stat selections available from Assaulter's, Defender's, Healer's, and Malicious attribute-selectable gear have been adjusted. The goal of this change is to make it more obvious which stats will be available for each prefix family. Stats available on gear with the Assaulter's prefix will now either have power or ferocity as a primary stat (although no stat combination with ferocity as the primary attribute currently exists), or have two secondary stats that support a power DPS playstyle. Defender's gear stat selection likewise will have either toughness or vitality as a primary stat, or both as secondary stats. Healer's gear will contain a stat choice with either healing power or concentration as a primary stat, or both as secondary stats. Malicious gear will have the requirement of condition damage or expertise as a main stat, or both as secondary stats.

Since it's supposed to be based on the expansion we own, we should technically already have access to them on stat selectable gear the moment EOD launched.

Edited by Cael Vtroz.5932
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 months later...

I'm not doing new content cause I haven't reached it yet, but I do raid. Can't get ritualist gear from all those ascended chests, can't get insignia to transmute stats to. Can't even buy the insignia cause it's account bound for some reason.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Roche.7491 said:

Your reference?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2019-05-28#Items_2

28th of May 2019. 

That is when they updated stat selectable gear from fractals or for example LS3 to also have the option to pick PoF stats if you owned PoF.

PoF released on 22nd of September 2017.

So yeah, it took them pretty close to 2 years to add those stats to existing stat selectable equipment.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Wielder Of Magic.3950 said:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2019-05-28#Items_2

28th of May 2019. 

That is when they updated stat selectable gear from fractals or for example LS3 to also have the option to pick PoF stats if you owned PoF.

PoF released on 22nd of September 2017.

So yeah, it took them pretty close to 2 years to add those stats to existing stat selectable equipment.

Thanks for that info. It seems it will probably take another year or two for pvp/fractal mist accessories to have dragon stats but at least we are certain.

• Haha 1