Why on earth would you nerf Phalanx Strength rather...

Oglaf.1074

@Lunateric.3708 said:

@bearshaman.3421 said:(that most ranger players hate)

[citation needed]

Unique damage buff changed to might stacking, like everyone else?

So?, the fact they made way to other healer specs that don't have access to unique buffs is an overall improvement. Saying most rangers hate or love X Is objectively false since you can't speak for most.

Even then druids still have spirits, spotter and GoE.

When the change was made, the conversations I observed in the ranger threads were universally negative about it. That's what I am basing that on. Spotter is a unique buff, but for a druid build it's an entire traitline for that one trait.

A trait that now lets you might stack a whole squad if you're on top of things. Try asking in Reddit if the change is seen as negative for example.

It's not an issue of its effectiveness, but one of uniqueness. Warrior can do that, hell Deadeye can do that... But that straight up %damage increase stacked with everything else. You can only get so many stacks of might. the old GotL stacked with everything.

@bearshaman.3421 said:

@bearshaman.3421 said:(that most ranger players hate)

[citation needed]

So?, the fact they made way to other healer specs that don't have access to unique buffs is an overall improvement. Saying most rangers hate or love X Is objectively false since you can't speak for most.

When the change was made, the conversations I observed in the ranger threads were universally negative about it. That's what I am basing that on. Spotter is a unique buff, but for a druid build it's an entire traitline for that one trait.

A trait that now lets you might stack a whole squad if you're on top of things. Try asking in Reddit if the change is seen as negative for example.

It's not an issue of its effectiveness, but one of uniqueness. Warrior can do that, hell Deadeye can do that... But that straight up %damage increase stacked with everything else. You can only get so many stacks of might. the old GotL stacked with everything.

That's why it was removed. It made dual druid mandatory because of the OP nature of the buff. Just think this objectively though: do you see druids being less wanted because of its removal?. No, people still want druids in their groups while auramancer, healbrand and ventari rev also get some of the spotlight. If it helps diversify a role how can you hate it?

[citation needed]

That's why it was removed. It made dual druid mandatory because of the OP nature of the buff. Just think this objectively though: do you see druids being less wanted because of its removal?. No, people still want druids in their groups while auramancer, healbrand and ventari rev also get some of the spotlight. If it helps diversify a role how can you hate it?

Because it now means that druid could possibly make warrior or any other class brought for its access to group might unnecessary. This change doesn't make druid heal any less, or make the unique things auramancer/healbrand/ventari bring any more useful. It just makes warrior less necessary.

[citation needed]

Because it now means that druid could possibly make warrior or any other class brought for its access to group might unnecessary. This change doesn't make druid heal any less, or make the unique things auramancer/healbrand/ventari bring any more useful. It just makes warrior less necessary.

Warrior is still there though, since EA and banners are still a thing. It's always there for 5-man instanced content and you want one for raids too.

[citation needed]

Warrior is still there though, since EA and banners are still a thing. It's always there for 5-man instanced content and you want one for raids too.

That's fair.

@Oglaf.1074 said:

@Vagrant.7206 said:Did you want to stay as a permanent PS for the rest of your life? Bringing up other classes' ability to stack might and reducing warrior gives warrior the opportunity to do something else.

Yeah - being a Bannerkitten.

Such options. Much wow.

If you want options, you have to be willing to play other classes. GW2 has never been known to have many options for a class if you restrict yourself to meta builds.

Except that most other classes have tons of viable raid builds (and roles!) that are within the meta. Warrior is one of few classes pigeon-holed into one narrow role like this.

Try again.

You are mistaking that for a guideline Anet follows; it's simply a coincidence that AT THIS STATE of the game, that happens. There isn't any 'plan' that dictates classes have multiple viable build ... or not. It just happens ... or doesn't. The game could change tomorrow and everything gets flipped on it's ear and a class that had many might have more ... or none. That's why it's nonsense for Anet to even attempt to maintain some number of viable raid builds for each class. You have the perspective of someone that believes they should be on the receiving end of a whole bunch of intentional meta build diversity ... that's just unrealistic thinking. This is not how the game has ever worked, does work or will work. You self-imposed insistence that there is something 'wrong' with the class because it has only one meta raid build makes no sense.

Trust me, I get your angle here .. you're trying to find a way 'in' to prove Warrior has been hard done by in the last few months. You tried it with your post complaining about guaranteed raid spots, you tried again recently with some MMR complaint, now you're going the 'viable build depletion' route. The problem is that none of those things are compelling, because Anet doesn't look at game changes from a 'OMG this class so bad' POV. They know, as well as we know, that these issues are simply the ebb and flow of continual game development. There isn't anything to fix because this natural flow is a consequence of how the game is designed.

I think it's funny you are again, ragging on about being pigeonholed into a 'narrow role'. Lucky for warriors it's a role that EVERY team wants, so let's drop the disingenuous idea that somehow, being a class that all people want in their teams because it's really good at something is somehow this really terrible curse that prevents good things from happening to you as a warrior. It's a little tired.

As long as you keep making posts complaining about everything, it's actually pretty easy to tell you what you are thinking.

Just to add; I also like the irony that you are complaining that PS got nerfed ... but that we lack diversity for meta builds. ...because having a massively strong trait like PS gave the class a wack of good ole' diversity in the first place? :/

@Obtena.7952 said:As long as you keep making posts complaining about everything, it's actually pretty easy to tell you what you are thinking.

Just to add; I also like the irony that you are complaining that PS got nerfed ... but that we lack diversity for meta builds. ...because having a massively strong trait like PS gave the class a wack of good ole' diversity in the first place? :/

could you not double post? and instead edit your old comment?

@Ferus.3165 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:As long as you keep making posts complaining about everything, it's actually pretty easy to tell you what you are thinking.

It wasn't a double post ... the other poster had his comment removed.

@Ferus.3165 said:

OP posted what was basically passive aggressive flaming and it got removed by the mods in between those 2 posts.

@"Oglaf.1074" said:...than take a look at, and buff, the group Might stacking capabilities of other classes? Warrior didn't need a kick to the nards to bring us down, other classes need a kick to the butt to bring them up to our level.

I was recently enlightened by another forum user regarding nerfs and buffs. Here is an explainer for people, like me, who didn't understand the balance choices made by developers since... forever;

• Balance does not exist. It is impossible.
  • Knowing this, it is therefore unimportant what they do in the "balance" patch.
  • The fact that there was a "balance" patch is all that matters.
  • To be seen as doing something is more important than what is done.
  • It's just a PR exercise.
  • Therefore nerfs and buffs don't matter.
  • Your favourite playstyle doesn't matter.
  • You don't matter.

I dunno tbh as someone that knows how Cps works and have played it but doesn't really care for it I reallly do feel like this just made druid stronger. Warriors will still be brought for its dps, banners, and cc but not for might. While druids pretty much gained something warriors had before being might on top of an already insane arsenal with healing, spirits, high cc, and pretty much every single buff that isn't quickness or alacrity with high or perma uptime. They even allow for strange dps comps that have no vul application by taking storm spirit.

The main thing it opened up at least was an entire slot dedicated to another dps but then that makes you ask why didn't they just make it so phalanx strength hit 10 ppl? Another point I heard was that warriors are finally able to dps which also somewhat confuses me considering the only real change for them are runes and small rotational changes while the base really just remains the same ole lb, sword/troch. One thing I feel pretty certain about is that druid became even more important after this unless the sole purpose is to have another "quasi- healer" that out dpses condi druid or druid.

It also boosted druids damage and group buffing damage in things like spvp open world and wvw drastically which I'm not entirely sure if they intended for that to happen.

@"Lalainnia.3598" said:I dunno tbh as someone that knows how Cps works and have played it but doesn't really care for it I reallly do feel like this just made druid stronger. Warriors will still be brought for its dps, banners, and cc but not for might. While druids pretty much gained something warriors had before being might on top of an already insane arsenal with healing, spirits, high cc, and pretty much every single buff that isn't quickness or alacrity with high or perma uptime. They even allow for strange dps comps that have no vul application by taking storm spirit.

The main thing it opened up at least was an entire slot dedicated to another dps but then that makes you ask why didn't they just make it so phalanx strength hit 10 ppl? Another point I heard was that warriors are finally able to dps which also somewhat confuses me considering the only real change for them are runes and small rotational changes while the base really just remains the same ole lb, sword/troch. One thing I feel pretty certain about is that druid became even more important after this unless the sole purpose is to have another "quasi- healer" that out dpses condi druid or druid.

It also boosted druids damage and group buffing damage in things like spvp open world and wvw drastically which I'm not entirely sure if they intended for that to happen.

It did make Druids stronger and more meta than over. The flipside of this is that 1 Druid being so strong at everything there's a lot of space to bring alternative healers now like Tempest, Renegade or Firebrand as your second healer without losing much, when previously you were pretty much forced into bringing double Druid. Overall this was a positive change.

Warrior stopped having 2 mandatory slots in raids groups now, overall that's also a positive change that allows more freedom in the DPS classes that you bring. CDPS warrior is exactly the same as prepatch, yes, but let's call it social stigma that stopped it from being too popular as a DPS slot because1) you only had 4 slots back then and2) 2/10 of your whole squad was already Warrior.

Personally I've been having a pretty easy time getting into squads as the "second warrior dps", and am personally really happy when a second warrior joins a squad i'm already in to split the banner load and for many of the bosses allows me to bring more CC.

From some incredibly selfish perspectives you might call this a nerf to warrior, but look from the outside and raid compositions have never been more flexible.

Archived