I find hammer on catalyst and untamed...good..for PvE, that's it really

Arheundel.6451

I am not really upset...just annoyed that I crafted a legendary hammer before fully testing hammer for an extended period of time, was really not a wise decision so to anybody reading this message...I recommend you against the idea, do not craft a legendary hammer: waste of resources.  With that said, the weapon does a good/great job as far as PvE goes but for PvP/WvW...both Untamed and catalyst are way better off with GS/X for ranger and D/D for ele, you seriously kitten yourself with hammer in those game modes; the weapon is too slow for those game modes, especially Untamed hammer and while the damage is there, both weapons offer zero sustain/defenses while forcing the player at melee range. If we talk about revenant hammer, ok it's ranged it does not need any defenses but when the weapon is melee, the played does need defenses. Overall I give 5/10 to hammers in EoD, now ranger has a good AoE option in PvE which is great..and that's all really

2 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

With that said, the weapon does a good/great job as far as PvE goes but for PvP/WvW...both Untamed and catalyst are way better off with GS/X for ranger and D/D for ele, you seriously kitten yourself with hammer in those game modes; the weapon is too slow for those game modes

Hammer of Catalyst and Untamed is also not doing great in pve.
Its too slow there too. And Catalyst hammer is badly designed. There literally no interaction with traits.

Why isnt untamed hammer good for pve?

• Low dps, very low. I think its 30k dps atm.
  • Hammer ambush attack has too high cast time
  • Other Hammer skills also too high cast times

I didnt play untamed hammer that much but that r the reasons I know already, if u played a bit on eod maps, u ll see that tons of enemies are having small ccs for interrupts. EVERY hammer has slow attacks for all classes, the horrible cast times are making it terrible against enemies that have these small interrupts.

Why isnt Catalyst hammer good for pve?

• Its impossible to keep orb of hammer 3 up if u dont have perma quickness
  • Its impossible to keep up "Elemental Empowerment" on 10 stacks all the time...tbh u cant keep it over 7 stacks for more than 2 seconds if u dont have quickness.
  • Hammer has only 2 ccs, air 4 and air 5, air 4 makes u fly to the moon so big dps loss, so only air 5. The traits have high interaction with ccs and hammer has almost no ccs.
  • Traits also have high interaction with auras and hammer has no auras.
  • Because u cant keep orb up and elemental empowerment also not: You lose over 20% crit chance just bc u dont have quickness.
  • Thats has not directly to do with hammer but somehow it has: Catalyst sustain is...terrible, it has far less sustain than power weaver or power tempest. With hammer you are forced into melee, which is very bad if u have this amount of sustain.
  • Long cast times which makes it bad against enemies with interrupts

Both Untamed and Catalyst are having very big issues atm, that are actually easy fixed. At least the dps of Untamed and the sustain + easier access to Elemental Empowerment of Catalyst should be really easy fixed in PvE.

Edited by SeTect.5918
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

Buggy programing hit box effects will do that for at least catalyst. I do not think they will ever make a players hit box so big that you can hit it more then once with the same skill but for what ever reason they keep nerfing such hit box effect skills have been nerfed in spvp and wvw.

On 3/15/2022 at 1:34 AM, SeTect.5918 said:

Hammer of Catalyst and Untamed is also not doing great in pve.
Its too slow there too. And Catalyst hammer is badly designed. There literally no interaction with traits.

Why isnt untamed hammer good for pve?

• Low dps, very low. I think its 30k dps atm.
  • Hammer ambush attack has too high cast time
  • Other Hammer skills also too high cast times

I didnt play untamed hammer that much but that r the reasons I know already, if u played a bit on eod maps, u ll see that tons of enemies are having small ccs for interrupts. EVERY hammer has slow attacks for all classes, the horrible cast times are making it terrible against enemies that have these small interrupts.

Why isnt Catalyst hammer good for pve?

• Its impossible to keep orb of hammer 3 up if u dont have perma quickness
  • Its impossible to keep up "Elemental Empowerment" on 10 stacks all the time...tbh u cant keep it over 7 stacks for more than 2 seconds if u dont have quickness.
  • Hammer has only 2 ccs, air 4 and air 5, air 4 makes u fly to the moon so big dps loss, so only air 5. The traits have high interaction with ccs and hammer has almost no ccs.
  • Traits also have high interaction with auras and hammer has no auras.
  • Because u cant keep orb up and elemental empowerment also not: You lose over 20% crit chance just bc u dont have quickness.
  • Thats has not directly to do with hammer but somehow it has: Catalyst sustain is...terrible, it has far less sustain than power weaver or power tempest. With hammer you are forced into melee, which is very bad if u have this amount of sustain.
  • Long cast times which makes it bad against enemies with interrupts

Both Untamed and Catalyst are having very big issues atm, that are actually easy fixed. At least the dps of Untamed and the sustain + easier access to Elemental Empowerment of Catalyst should be really easy fixed in PvE.

They decided to make Catalyst worse, instead.

• Like 4