Shroud has been nerfed of about 67% here some maths.

ilmau.9781

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will talk from guardian/rev prospect. For me reaper is now easier to beat. In team fights under focus fire force shroud was the defense mechanism. Now it lost on duration.

Small contest fights and solo, the game plan usually is to kite reaper when in shroud. The damage is irrelevant cuz you won’t land many hits. Now it just runs out faster.

I do not see it as anything but a nerf. The duration, not the damage, is what made it annoying to fight against. I dunno about PvE, but without GS buffs I do not think power build is relevant and I am not sure if the increases damage matter much for condi build.

@dceptaconroy.7928 said:Cheers to the non main reaper players for giving their perspective on the patch. Youre mirroring what alot of us think here.

yes, thank you for supporting our cause. It is quite some time we keep going, let's hope in a fix in the 28/11 patch, otherwise i will take a break from the game.

@ilmau.9781 said:

@Plutocracy.9314 said:

@ilmau.9781 said:Have you ever played WvW or pvp?

scourge?

Let's make it very clear, i preordered the expansion the day it was announced, did all the open weekends and unlocked the scourge the first 10 seconds the expansion was released and still i do not like it. I do preafear to play Reaper. Am i allowed to have personal feelings or do i have to play what ANET force me to play?

Beacouse as it is now Anet turned Reaper to a totally unplayable class for WvW and PvP, and for what reason? To force ppl to play Scourge?

Anet Crowley said "play as thou wilt" except when there is a new expansion they nerf old classes to the ground in order to get you playing the new spec. xD

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:

@MethaneGas.8357 said:Is this really such a huge nerf?

Yeah, it really is. PvP, you can't even get off a 5+4 combo anymore.5+4 combo takes 4 seconds (= 20% LF) - I've tested it 1 minute ago.

Before the patch it has been 16, 12 or 8% depending whether we talk about 4, 3, or 2% degeneration.

Difference: 4, 8, 12% - yeah totally prevents you from finishing the combo.

So much bullshit from bad players. It's unbelievable.

@KrHome.1920 said:

@MethaneGas.8357 said:Is this really such a huge nerf?

Yeah, it really is. PvP, you can't even get off a 5+4 combo anymore.5+4 combo takes 4 seconds (= 20% LF) - I've tested it 1 minute ago.

Before the patch it has been 16, 12 or 8% depending whether we talk about 4, 3, or 2% degeneration.

Difference: 4, 8, 12% - yeah totally prevents you from finishing the combo.

So much kitten from bad players. It's unbelievable.

PvP means you are actually getting hit. That 4-8-12% equates to 2k-6k effective health that you no longer have. This can easily prevent you from finishing a combo, especially as you may not have 100% life force before entering shroud.

Before the VP change, if you entered at 60% life force, you had a very good chance to pull off the whole thing, and maybe even get a fear off at the end. The 52% life force you didn't lose to degeneration was sufficient to fend off incoming damage in almost all but 3+ opponent scenarios. Even after the change, you would have 48% life force not lost to decay which was decently reliable in many situations (though heavy damage would drop you out). You wouldn't end these periods with much life force left, but you would usually have some.

Now, you only have 40%, which equates to ~12k health. Keep in mind, you can't use any active defenses during this period if you're using the 5+4 combo. 12k health doesn't last for 4 seconds against one heavy hitter, .

Archived