Are there any LI (low impact) builds for Soulbeast?

Old slower player here, lol. I have been wanting to try a Soulbeast build on my Ranger, but there are no Ranger LI builds at all on Metabattle's LI section. I am just wondering how complex Soulbeast is to play, what are its best pets etc. Looking for a build that is not "key complex" as I do have disabilities. (Anyone have a build to share?) I mostly do PVE OW, solo & story content, enjoy OW Metas very, very much(except DE which with severe vision loss is just out of my ability range).

This is my favorite game, and I have been enjoying it for years. I am a little worried about the unpreviewed changes coming on Tuesday. I have always played core ranger, but find that I feel much less able to avoid downed/death lately & would love to try a build that lives longer, lol. I also happily play one other profession, but again, I am worried for Tuesday's balancing patch. Just doing map completion for now until I know what profession I can continue to enjoy. I wish we knew the changes ahead of time 🙂

Thanks!

Edited by Crunchbone.7341
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Feeling deja-vu here , check this topic.
Condi soulbeast with a shortbow is what you're looking for as mentioned above.

Hehe, my thoughts exactly.

The reason I originally went for the condi shortbow build was that I felt the meta axe/dagger/torch rotation to be too complex for the slight dps boost it gives. I also hate staying on melee range in boss fights.
And gotta love the synergy of Quick Shot (shortbow skill #3) with Light on your Feet talent. Also with traps and maul (lynx meld skill) - go on melee range to quickly drop a trap + use maul and then quick shot evade backwards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This what run the only and maybe down side is crafting the runes of the trapper it work on exotic also not only ascended and you can run Dire or rabid or mix with trailblazer easy and fun melt trash mobs quick and short bow for range and pulling foes to traps.

Both pets give extra condi and 3 extra condi skills when merged.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POwAUd/lVwsYTMK2JWePvP/SeWcA-zRJYkRN/hUgCIBRQISBFOLLqGB-e

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I thank you all for the builds & suggestions! I am going to wait until I see what is done to the only 2 professions I enjoy in tomorrow's "balancing" patch before I spend at the TP to outfit my ranger for Condi Soulbeast.

With so many links, I am attempting to decide between SB/SB & SB with WH/Axe. I am assiming stats should be Viper on all?

The metabattle builds always give the name of the gear (Viper, etc), but alot of the links are in build editor & I am not sure how to figure what stats the weapons, runes & sigils should be. I may just not know how to read those pages as easily as the metabattle ones.. Not so young anymore, lol.

You have all been so kind to share advice, & I am very anxious to try it out unless there are big Soulbeast nerfs incoming..

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Crunchbone.7341 said:

I thank you all for the builds & suggestions! I am going to wait until I see what is done to the only 2 professions I enjoy in tomorrow's "balancing" patch before I spend at the TP to outfit my ranger for Condi Soulbeast.

With so many links, I am attempting to decide between SB/SB & SB with WH/Axe. I am assiming stats should be Viper on all?

The metabattle builds always give the name of the gear (Viper, etc), but alot of the links are in build editor & I am not sure how to figure what stats the weapons, runes & sigils should be. I may just not know how to read those pages as easily as the metabattle ones.. Not so young anymore, lol.

You have all been so kind to share advice, & I am very anxious to try it out unless there are big Soulbeast nerfs incoming..

If you hover over the a piece of gear in the editor it tells you the stat like "Shortbow[Trailblazer]"

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Crunchbone.7341 said:

Viper have higher damage but trailblazer offer more vitality and toughness and can help you to survive and sustain better

there is many exotic trailblazer armor and weapons exotic dire also is cheap at TP.

You can use krait runes and work fine as you have the bleeding and they are cheap on TP

Sigils are also cheap for 20% bleeding ,burning ,poison.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Trailblazer's

The page have information how to acquire the exotic sets of trailblazer.