Unpopular opinion: Unleashed Ranger Aura

Lonewolf Kai.3682

I know a lot of people complained about the aura that surrounds the ranger when unleashed and it was removed.  However, I think it needs to come back, or at least in some other form.  I am constantly having to look down at my UI to see if I am unleashed or if my pet is because most of the time, the pet is engulfed in the enemy and I can't look at it to see if it's unleased or not.

Maybe its a minor issue, but I still found it helpful to quickly see which one is unleashed based on my ranger's aura when it was present.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Beddo.1907 said:

You can literally tell by the pet UI.

Normal skills? You are unleashed. Unleashed skills? Pet is unleashed.

Takes the same effort as looking at any other graphical effect.

I guess you didn't fully read the OP.  I stated you have to take your eyes of the action to view such UI, which can be very critical in a competitive environment not to do so.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

I guess you didn't fully read the OP.  I stated you have to take your eyes of the action to view such UI, which can be very critical in a competitive environment not to do so.

Understood it as ranger UI (just 2 smallish icons). 

But my point still stands: there is no alternative effect that would take less effort to see in all situations than current pet UI.

5 hours ago, Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

the pet is engulfed in the enemy and I can't look at it to see if it's unleased or not.

No matter what effect they would add, the pet UI would be at least as visible as the effect.

Feel free to suggest something better tho. Maybe there is some magical way I didn't think of.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Beddo.1907 said:

Understood it as ranger UI (just 2 smallish icons). 

But my point still stands: there is no alternative effect that would take less effort to see in all situations than current pet UI.

No matter what effect they would add, the pet UI would be at least as visible as the effect.

Feel free to suggest something better tho. Maybe there is some magical way I didn't think of.

mkay, like I said.  It's an unpopular opinion.  I'd still like to see the aura effect on my ranger so I don't have to look down at my UI in the middle of a fight.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

When the ranger is unleashed, there is an indication on the life/hp bubble.  It's a bit too subtle though and easy to miss.

Me, I just take a quick glance at the pet F1-F3 keys to see which one of us is unleashed.  Not optimal, no, but I don't have to search through the buff bar to find the icon and then try to remember which phase means which.

On 4/3/2022 at 12:05 PM, Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

I know a lot of people complained about the aura that surrounds the ranger when unleashed and it was removed.  However, I think it needs to come back, or at least in some other form.  I am constantly having to look down at my UI to see if I am unleashed or if my pet is because most of the time, the pet is engulfed in the enemy and I can't look at it to see if it's unleased or not.

Maybe its a minor issue, but I still found it helpful to quickly see which one is unleashed based on my ranger's aura when it was present.

Make it like berserker, your skill bar gets like some extreme form of nature junk going on it. Berserker's skill bar is literally on fire when you're in berserk form. So just make that the same here; As well I think I'd rather on the player model it either be something more clean than that weird infusion that our pet gets or we need to have it be changed in its effect entirely. 

Its like going rage mode; So make it feel like we're enraged and unleashed. I don't know why it needs to be a green squiggly thing when strength of the pack works for a better indicator in how it looks as it is right now.