[QOL] Liferforce in raids.

Nash.2681

I'm surprised this wasn't addressed already, but can we please have automatic full lifeforce on raid encounter start? Druids get their Celestial Avatar Energy filled to max., Catalysts their jade sphere energy aswell.

Just us poor necromancers are doomed to blow up minions over and over again. Would be a nice QOL feature that doesn't hurt anyone.

• Like 2

By casuality, testing builds i have discovered that Jagged Horrors created by Death Nova grandmaster trait don't trigger gain life force from their deaths. Your other minions do it when they die or when you sacrifice or explode them on purpose.  They should contribute to gain life force too.  In more or less quantity but they should trigger it.

I opened a topic with some bugs here:

We'll see if we're lucky and they fix any of them...  or not. 

Edited by Zoser.7245
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zoser.7245 said:

By casuality, testing builds i have discovered that Jagged Horrors created by Death Nova grandmaster trait don't trigger gain life force from their deaths. Your other minions do it when they die or when you sacrifice or explode them on purpose.  They should contribute to gain life force too.  In more or less quantity but they should trigger it.

Discovered that bug years ago, when I had the same hopes for that rune set. 😞

55 minutes ago, Zoser.7245 said:

I believe it was done on purpose years ago. They first removed all LF from minion then added it back on a few of the minions skills.

Edit: If I'm not wrong they removed it in the vanilla game when people started to cast minions before the match in sPvP in order to get LF at the beginning of the match.

Then, there was the nerf to the jagged horror lifespan Not long after HoT launch. And only after that did they finally brought back some LF on death to a few minions. I think it was extended to a few more again after that but I wouldn't bet on this.

Anyway, game history is why they don't give LF.

Edited by Dadnir.5038

7 hours ago, Nash.2681 said:

I'm surprised this wasn't addressed already, but can we please have automatic full lifeforce on raid encounter start? Druids get their Celestial Avatar Energy filled to max., Catalysts their jade sphere energy aswell.

Just us poor necromancers are doomed to blow up minions over and over again. Would be a nice QOL feature that doesn't hurt anyone.

Do Warriors get full Adrenaline then, too?

And Revenants full Energy?

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Well, imo those are slightly different mechanics you can't compare 1:1, but at least for Warrior I'd be fine with it, why not. Not sure what the point for Revs would be, since they already can instantly use every skill at the beginning of the fight.

• Confused 1

On 4/4/2022 at 5:40 PM, Fueki.4753 said:

Those are explicitly in combat resources that rapidly degenerate ooc (and entering a Strike instance with seconds of Adrenaline for example hardly would be useful), Shroud, just like Celestial Avatar or Jade Sphere don't. 

It's pretty annoying and completely needlessly so, to have to change Traits to Eternal Life, spam kill Minions, spam enter Harbinger Shroud or w/e else upon every instance entry. Really no different from players having to /gg for Druids to start with their resources.

I'm actually baffled this QoL change still hasn't been made, especially after things like the Celestial Force change, adding Eternal Life and removing the need for charging of Mantras, as well as now Catalyst getting the treatment.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Wintermute.5408 said:

I just run several casts of BiP+Signet of Undeath while the group gets together. Or you can switch to harb and just blink the shroud several times. Somewhat annoying, but not too bad.

All legit workarounds, but still... they are workarounds 😉

11 hours ago, Asum.4960 said:

Those are explicitly in combat resources that rapidly degenerate ooc (and entering a Strike instance with seconds of Adrenaline for example hardly would be useful), Shroud, just like Celestial Avatar or Jade Sphere don't. 

It's pretty annoying and completely needlessly so, to have to change Traits to Eternal Life, spam kill Minions, spam enter Harbinger Shroud or w/e else upon every instance entry. Really no different from players having to /gg for Druids to start with their resources.

I'm actually baffled this QoL change still hasn't been made, especially after things like the Celestial Force change, adding Eternal Life and removing the need for charging of Mantras, as well as now Catalyst getting the treatment.

Couldn't have said it better. And since I'm baffled aswell, I made this thread, just in case I hit that one day of the year a Dev comes by and reads the forums 😄

1 hour ago, Saltmaker.9532 said:

In case nobody bothered to check in raids, they stealth added this feature. When the raid encounter start you get pumped full of LF.

Oh wow, never mind. Just checked in Strikes - the Boon strip upon combat start indeed also grants full LF there, so I guess all our pre combat LF building was in vain. I wonder why they made this an undocumented change (or if I just somehow missed it), and since when it's a thing. 

Glad to know now though.

Edited by Asum.4960

1 hour ago, Saltmaker.9532 said:

In case nobody bothered to check in raids, they stealth added this feature. When the raid encounter start you get pumped full of LF.

Gonna check this out tonight. Thx for pointing this out, never had a chance to reckognize this since I always filled my LF up before encounter start. Though...

13 minutes ago, Asum.4960 said:

Oh wow, never mind. Just checked in Strikes - the Boon strip upon combat start indeed also grants full LF there, so I guess all our pre combat LF building was in vain. I wonder why they made this an undocumented change (or if I just somehow missed it), and since when it's a thing. 

Glad to know now though.

... so much this. I'd really like to know wether I really missed this significant QOL feature in the update notes, or wether it was added silently...