Interrupting skills/ dps scaling

Animation cancelling is most often absolute top tier maximization. It can yield a few more thousand dps, around 10% or so depending on class and weapons used.

It is absolutely not necessary for ANY content in PvE (though it will give an edge in PvP). It is not needed in any way shape or form for any regular player.

Skill interuption can reduce output too, yes. It is not advisable to interupt crucial skills. Still even with terrible and often skill interupting, any and all content is more than doable. There is a semi fail safe here: only partially casted skills are put on full cooldown. Skills interupted before are put on a shorter cooldown.

Neither of these should be of any concer to the average player. Complaining about this is more in line with someone who just heard about these 2 issues and now thinks they somehow matter. They don't! The average player in GW2 and for completing any and ALL content in the game has far more basic things to worry about.

That said, yes, for players who want to absolutely reach the maximum of what this games combat has to offer, have at it. That's what those speedrun records show and it is amazing imo.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Stowing and animation cancelling is not necessary though.

I'm able to hit 90% on most benchmarks of classes I play and I don't even have a stow key bound, and I'm really not doing anything on purpose to cancel animations either - it's just not worth the effort to me and I'm not the best mechanical player.

I don't think there's anything wrong with it existing, it allows those that are highly skilled to get rewarded for that, and it's not holding anyone else back by not being able to do it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, kaese.8765 said:

i have no problem with the fact that talented gamers are rewarded for playing good. but it's a broken mechanic and they take the benchmarks as source of scaling for some classes. sometimes simplification leads to an overall better experience for everyone like in open world or pugs in instanced stuff.

Approaching that maximized dps potential is not needed and never was. You can disregard everything about that animation cancelling and still get high dps values in relation to what's needed for any content here.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Sorry, I must have missed the point of the thread?  What's the problem?  How does whatever this is affect players' abilities to complete content?

OP is under the impression that the extra margin given by stow/animation cancels is big enough to merit discussion, and it inflates benchmark numbers more than they should for GW2. If you believe this, and you also believe that ANet is looking at top benchmark numbers to tune content, then this is arguably a problem.

But as others have pointed out, this is not actually an issue. The dps benefits of stow/animation canceling are marginal at best. Entire groups of people who don't care to minmax their cancel dps can clear 100% of PvE content in the game, which is why nobody else is agreeing with OP (myself included).

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, voltaicbore.8012 said:

The dps benefits of stow/animation canceling are marginal at best. Entire groups of people who don't care to minmax their cancel dps can clear 100% of PvE content in the game, which is why nobody else is agreeing with OP (myself included).

and in the times when stowing did make a significant difference(necro axe, ele dagger in air) those got changed