3 in 1 skills, the return

viquing.8254

43 minutes ago, viquing.8254 said:

The concept of single target skill doing more damage than AOE is outdated too ?

This was never a concept to begin with. Imagine a Crunching Earth or a Firegrab doing less damage than a dagger autoattack lmao. The concept was that single target damage OVER TIME hurts more than AoE pressure. Not individual skills.

46 minutes ago, viquing.8254 said:

The concept of melee skill doing more damage than range is outdated too ?

With all the mobility and gapclosers we have today, it's certainly diluted if not all the way gone. If anything it turned into "the easier to land, the less damage it does", but even this only approximates what's really going on.

51 minutes ago, viquing.8254 said:

You want an easy comparison : chrono gravity well and scepter ulti : they both do the same thing apart than scepter one can be used as a mobility tool if wanted, with less CD. When I look about the context, the gap is even more larger than just looking at the skills alone.

Sure it looks bad, but that's because you left out the proper context. I just said this is your problem and you did it again. Chronomancer has the potential to make the strongest CC chains in this game. Continuum Split allows you to double up on every high value interrupt you have, slowing enemies, stacking alacrity (so the cooldown difference is dampened significantly), and even possibly ripping boons/dealing damage with all these interrupts.
Specter can do many other things, but it cannot hold a candle to chrono when it comes to CC-chains. And here you are making it look like specter has it better, when the opposite is true.

Honestly this comes off as you're not even trying to be objective. The goal is to prove that mesmer have it so bad, and you're cherry-picking or outright bending reality to make it seem so.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, viquing.8254 said:

So why didn't we see chronomancer with this context of "strongest CC chains in this game lul" and "slowing enemies, stacking alacrity" , explain it to me please Captain obvious ?

So that I can go to bed with more knowledge.

These chronos are(and were) around. I could be one if I really wanted to. As to why you do not see them, maybe you don't play the game enough, maybe your experience is different because you're on NA, maybe you have selective memory... don't ask me to explain your personal experience to you.

But anyways all of this is unrelated to the original point. Both to yours and mine. Now sleep well... lol.

Edited by Bazsi.2734
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

These chronos are(and were) around. I could be one if I really wanted to. As to why you do not see them, maybe you don't play the game enough, maybe your experience is different because you're on NA, maybe you have selective memory... don't ask me to explain your personal experience to you.

But anyways all of this is unrelated to the original point. Both to yours and mine. Now sleep well... lol.

I play on EU, I don't know any chrono plat 2. Give me their names, I will be interested.

Honestly you just look like someone who wanted to maintain his easy carrying arguing than everyone who point a nerf cannot think about the "big picture" while you have foresee on everything.

The chrono example speak for itself : it has no OP chain CC looking at the mighty setup who never happened and I fail to see alacrity and slow output.

Maybe while playing the game instead of spending too much time on the forum you can see the collateral effects of wtf side outputs which I'm against in this thread.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, viquing.8254 said:

I play on EU, I don't know any chrono plat 2. Give me their names, I will be interested.

I don't know if he's playing rated atm, but one of these chrono mains posted on this very thread. Go ahead guess who it is. I'm not going to tell you because it's totally irrelevant... and if you wan't to play this stupid game of "give me names", I can give you another stupid game of "guess who". Because what's better than one stupid thing? Two stupid things!

Honestly you just look like someone who wanted to maintain his easy carrying arguing than everyone who point a nerf cannot think about the "big picture" while you have foresee on everything.

Picking on someone elses english is not an argument... with that in mind, what? 

The chrono example speak for itself : it has no OP chain CC looking at the mighty setup who never happened and I fail to see alacrity and slow output.

Okay, now I feel like I'm having a minor stroke, and if this is done on purpose, it's brilliant. If I was really pushed to actually reply to this, I think there is something in there that one could interpret as chrono having no OP CC-chain, I want to point out how that's just false.

You have a mesmer icon, do I really have to explain how to use continuum split? Well I could, but I'm not going to.

Maybe while playing the game instead of spending too much time on the forum you can see the collateral effects of wtf side outputs which I'm against in this thread.

I'm trying so hard not to link that video. I'm trying to respond to what I'm given, but all I can see here is sleep deprivation. God give me the power not to link that video and ooooh d*mnit I just failed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

I don't know if he's playing rated atm, but one of these chrono mains posted on this very thread. Go ahead guess who it is. I'm not going to tell you because it's totally irrelevant... and if you wan't to play this stupid game of "give me names", I can give you another stupid game of "guess who". Because what's better than one stupid thing? Two stupid things!

It sure is hard to find something that don't exist haha.

Picking on someone elses english is not an argument... with that in mind, what? 

Why can you see the big picture and other not ? Are you a super hero ?

Okay, now I feel like I'm having a minor stroke, and if this is done on purpose, it's brilliant. If I was really pushed to actually reply to this, I think there is something in there that one could interpret as chrono having no OP CC-chain, I want to point out how that's just false.

You have a mesmer icon, do I really have to explain how to use continuum split? Well I could, but I'm not going to.

Paper craft is paper craft.

If you give chrono a try, you will see that you will never go in competition with it because of : the setup and the environnment.

Now back to the subject, chrono can be a thing if we look at thoses crappy passive output badly dispatched for example.

Edited by viquing.8254
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, viquing.8254 said:

You want an easy comparison : chrono gravity well and scepter ulti : they both do the same thing apart than scepter one can be used as a mobility tool if wanted, with less CD.

I think everything a thief does is overbloated af, but this is probably the worst example to showcase the difference, since both grav well and shadowfall have the same CD (60s in PvP) and the two skills have different strenghts

• shadowfall has a port and 0.5s cast time instead of 1s
  • grav well has 900 range instead of 600 and allows casting while moving, which means you can cover your cast with LoS and enter the "danger zone" at the last moment

Choosing one over the other (as far as the skill itself is concerned) is a matter of personal taste; I honestly like grav well so much more since I don't care about a shadowstep on such a skill (I'm not burning a grav well to kite away tbh) and the extended range is honestly bliss.
The problem lies more in everything surrounding them. For example. thief well trait give a kitten ton of alac immediately, instead of some miserable healing after 3s, for example... and every other thief well just shits on chrono wells no matter what, grav well and well of eternity (similar healing, but well of eternity has 0.25s cast time instead of 1s; this alone goes mile) being the only ones that can actually compare.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 3

I'm going to get banned if I keep responding. I can't. This is impossible. I'm weak.

you cannot produce the slightest factual argument so you run away IMO.

What I expected was what @Terrorhuz.4695 juste wrote which isn't subject to debate. No snobbery like: " I know everything, you don't understand anything.".

• Confused 2

48 minutes ago, viquing.8254 said:

you cannot produce the slightest factual argument so you run away IMO.

What I expected was what @Terrorhuz.4695 juste wrote which isn't subject to debate. No snobbery like: " I know everything, you don't understand anything.".

Btw he was the one I wanted you to guess. But you didn't wanted to play along. No fun. Now bye.

13 hours ago, CutesySylveon.8290 said:

Steal says hello.

I don't see an issue with (unblockable) stab+aegis-ripping, might+fury-granting, condi-inflicting shadowstepping +potentially healing/damaging interrupt, what do you mean, that's perfectly fine amount of traits stacked upon a single profession mechanic.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Szymon.5369 said:

I don't see an issue with (unblockable) stab+aegis-ripping, might+fury-granting, condi-inflicting shadowstepping +potentially healing/damaging interrupt, what do you mean, that's perfectly fine amount of traits stacked upon a single profession mechanic.

Initiative, endurance, and stealth granting, dazing. 

Edited by CutesySylveon.8290