What happened to the other saurians?

Cynder.2509

If bristlebacks, smokescales, raptors (rideable and non ridable ones) are considered saurians what actually happened to the other saurians you saw in gw1 like the triceratops like ones or the ones being close to t rex in EOTN? What happened to these? Also why does Cantha have raptor taxis despite rideable raptors coming from Crystal Desert/Elona and Cantha being isolated from the outside world for almsot 300 years (gw2 takes place 250 years after gw1 just as a reminder)? 
The art books give no closure to it as well. 
It's just very confusing when taking the lore into account. A lot of people who haven't played gw1 would probably not notice but I've played both gw1 and gw2 and it's kinda weird. 

28 minutes ago, Cynder.2509 said:

If bristlebacks, smokescales, raptors (rideable and non ridable ones) are considered saurians what actually happened to the other saurians you saw in gw1 like the triceratops like ones or the ones being close to t rex in EOTN? What happened to these? Also why does Cantha have raptor taxis despite rideable raptors coming from Crystal Desert/Elona and Cantha being isolated from the outside world for almsot 300 years (gw2 takes place 250 years after gw1 just as a reminder)? 
The art books give no closure to it as well. 
It's just very confusing when taking the lore into account. A lot of people who haven't played gw1 would probably not notice but I've played both gw1 and gw2 and it's kinda weird. 

Zephyrites smuggled the raptors in, so I wasn't quite as isolated as the story makes it out to be. 

2 hours ago, Eekasqueak.7850 said:

Zephyrites smuggled the raptors in, so I wasn't quite as isolated as the story makes it out to be. 

With the knowledge that Ministry of Purity started falling after Zhaitan, it makes sense the Zephyrites were able to get in and out. Some of us long assumed they were able to before when they started having Jade statues at the Festival of the Four Winds.

edit: But yes, OP, the Tengu raptor stablemaster in Kaineng explicitly does the "Cough cough don't say anything but Zephyrites smuggled them into Cantha. cough cough." thing

Edited by Kalavier.1097
  • Thanks 1

We know that alot of species from GW1 went extinct, 250 years is a long time. Many species have gone extinct in the real world in that time, too, mostly due to us disturbing their habitats.

Vulture Raptors suggests birds are descended from saurians too just like in real life.

Edited by Hannelore.8153

On 4/10/2022 at 1:57 PM, Kalavier.1097 said:

The bunny ones yes. Though the Canthan Cuckoo would definitely be native.

True yes, I guess the name says as much.  Maybe they'll update springer npc models in cantha to that now.  I really liked how most of the raptors were the preorder canthan ones, made the whole place feel unique instead of there being a weirdly PoF asset sticking out

• Thanks 1