How to survive on a revenant against classes with condi damage

Hey guys. I'm playing vindicator mostly now.  Faced with this problem - do not live longer than a minute in battle with necromancers/thieves/guards/mesmers with condi damage. Is there any way to kill them or is it better to run away? Maybe there's something wrong with my build? I'm using the build from the metabattle. Need your advices!

Builds have strengths and weaknesses. Vindicators, and basiclly everys Revenenats, Weakness is Condibuilds. Better to just leave them alone kinda. Not saying its impossible to win against them... but it is what counters you.

Edited by Sahne.6950

32 minutes ago, koralinaLAIN.3892 said:

Hey guys. I'm playing vindicator mostly now.  Faced with this problem - do not live longer than a minute in battle with necromancers/thieves/guards/mesmers with condi damage. Is there any way to kill them or is it better to run away? Maybe there's something wrong with my build? I'm using the build from the metabattle. Need your advices!

Use Legendary alliance and use Tree Song - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

or rely on

Rite of the Great Dwarf - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W) if you take Versed in Stone - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

Either of these. Soothing Stone  and Vengeful Hammers will also help you mitigate if you run Jalis. After the heal, Dome of the Mists will give you a period of time where projectiles cannot reapply condi to you. You still need to avoid attacks as outside of the above you have minor mitigation, and shiro stance has no mitigation at all.  Since you can engage whenever you want as shiro though, you may want to only engage with Shiro stance when Jalis is off CD or close to it, so you can dampen any condi damage you take via swap. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Use Legendary alliance and use Tree Song - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

or rely on

Rite of the Great Dwarf - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W) if you take Versed in Stone - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

Either of these. Soothing Stone  and Vengeful Hammers will also help you mitigate if you run Jalis. After the heal, Dome of the Mists will give you a period of time where projectiles cannot reapply condi to you. You still need to avoid attacks as outside of the above you have minor mitigation, and shiro stance has no mitigation at all.  Since you can engage whenever you want as shiro though, you may want to only engage with Shiro stance when Jalis is off CD or close to it, so you can dampen any condi damage you take via swap. 

I haven't played with the alliance, but now I'm going to try it. Thanks for the detailed explanation!

I feel the meta is very condi oriented at the moment and you need some form of condi cleanse to even survive.

Best bet is to stick to your supports that can cleanse condi fast : Core shout Gard, Vindicator support or even shout warrior (with soldier runes). Beside that you have Tree song on Viktor, Jalis healing skill and elite and Staff 4 for condi cleanse. 

I played a lot of Vindicator support recently and love the insane condi cleanse on tree song + insane healing

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

well the question is "how do i deal wtih condi builds without condicleanse". What do you answer to that?

Just dont get hit 5head

1 hour ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

I love how the answers feel like: "Use one of the many condi cleanse available!"

I feel a lot of gripes about this game would vanish into the ether if people just read tooltips, and if linking tooltips fixes problems I will -always- take that w.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Confused 1