Trying to find a strike group is sapping all the fun of this game

10 hours ago, Warscythes.9307 said:

Rebrand how? I gave the example of public strike instance because that is the result you are looking at. An automatic LFG would work in exactly the same way, people would be grouped and then they would fail. Can you explain to me how does a LFG would be better than public strike instance at actually completing the content? Because people actually did join the instances in the beginning, they just failed over and over again so nobody uses them anyway. LFG doesn't help with this.

And PoF Strikes , where also hated by the community and wanted to create easy modes for Raids , but now generally people are ok with them .

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Shaogin.2679 said:

This would be horrible actually. The only place in this game with such a queue system is PvP, and now that game mode is plagued with more bots and trolls than it ever has before. The only people that benefit from from a queue system are the people that aren't normally welcome in groups to begin with. Not to mention it would likely face the same issues that ESO's system has, where you wind up with fake tanks and healers that are just looking for a quick queue.

I'm willing to bet what happened to the OP is they joined a group that stated they were looking for exp players and got kicked due to not meeting the group's requirements. That doesn't make that group toxic or elitist or anything, it is simply a group of players wanting to enjoy the game their way, just like casual players forming a casual group will look for other chill people and make take it slow because they enjoy that.

The LFG system gives players the freedom to create or join a group with other like minded players instead of being forced to play with others that don't mix well together. 

You can kick people from a group finder but not pvp so that is the difference.

It would also stop the other problem with this game which is people selling raids and strike missions. 

2 minutes ago, Luci.7018 said:

And i told you , there is no need for healer (company hates Scourges:) ) and no need for a quickness/alacrity role , because you can come as a "person" and join EoD strikes , Dungeons ,Fractals t1-t3

I agree on Dungeons and T1-T3 fractals, but you will need them for EoD strikes to not suffer through it. I also said again that having LFG for just easy content like dungeons and T1-T3 fractal is pointless because people are talking about raid/strikes/t4 here. 

And PoF Strikes , where also hated by the community and wanted to create easy modes for Raids , but now generally people are ok with them .

They weren't hated at all, people have wanted easy mode for raids forever. What are you even talking about and how does this related to anything we are discussing? I can see it for maybe BS due to difficulty or things like cold war/that charr mission for being too long or reward being bad but hated? I do not see it. At the very least it has nothing with the topic that is at hand.

Edited by Warscythes.9307

I agree on Dungeons and T1-T3 fractals, but you will need them for EoD strikes to not suffer through it. I also said again that having LFG for just easy content like dungeons and T1-T3 fractal is pointless because people are talking about raid/strikes/t4 here. 

But still there is not a timer in Strikes . No need to rush . Even the first 2x Strikes have pitiful  rewards and  don't create such drama (mount) by forcing people to do the instance

• Confused 1

They weren't hated at all, people have wanted easy mode for raids forever. What are you even talking about and how does this related to anything we are discussing?

There where dead 2-3 months , after the release of that horror 4-leg oak . With the general 'gatekeeping" and some telling the programmers  that because they failed , they should go back in Raids

Edited by Luci.7018
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Luci.7018 said:

But still there is not a timer in Strikes . No need to rush . Even the first 2x Strikes have pitiful  rewards and  don't create such drama (mount) by forcing people to do the instance

Yes, instead you will have people do fights that takes 40 minutes because the average dps is 500. I am not even exaggerating here. There are meme screenshot going on right now with DH doing 472 dps. You are thinking oh the fight will now take 10 instead of 5, no biggie. No it will be 40 vs 5 and you might need to do it multiple times because people are prone to make mistakes especially if it takes 40. 

Does this really sound like a fun time to you mate. Please think about what you are suggesting. Your suggestion would not make the completion rate any higher, it would make the people playing it miserable and then stop using it because it will not be fun content. Why would you repeat doing things that is not fun? LFG then dies because it doesn't do what is designed to do which is group people together and complete fun content. Your suggestion only do the first part but not with the second, eventually it will also fail even the first part as nobody will use LFG if it means you will waste time and not doing it.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Luci.7018 said:

There where dead 2-3 months , after the release of that horror 4-leg oak . With the general 'gatekeeping" and some telling the company that because they failed , they should go back in Raids

What does this have anything to do with LFG? Are you saying having automated LFG people will be able to somehow able to complete boneskinner better?

Yes, instead you will have people do fights that takes 40 minutes because the average dps is 500. I am not even exaggerating here. There are meme screenshot going on right now with DH doing 472 dps. You are thinking oh the fight will now take 10 instead of 5, no biggie. No it will be 40 vs 5 and you might need to do it multiple times because people are prone to make mistakes especially if it takes 40. 

Does this really sound like a fun time to you mate. Please think about what you are suggesting. Your suggestion would not make the completion rate any higher, it would make the people playing it miserable and then stop using it because it will not be fun content. Why would you repeat doing things that is not fun? LFG then dies because it doesn't do what is designed to do which is group people together and complete fun content. Your suggestion only do the first part but not with the second, eventually it will also fail even the first part as nobody will use LFG if it means you will waste time and not doing it.

You should take with a grain of salt what you read

Even now if the modes i have listed , you don't need to control the people that comes in your group

• Confused 2

What does this have anything to do with LFG? Are you saying having automated LFG people will be able to somehow able to complete boneskinner better?

If PoF strikes succeed, then the auto-LFG can work too , or Tier  Fractals

Edited by Luci.7018
  • Confused 2

38 minutes ago, Luci.7018 said:

What LFG system is currently used in most games ?

It doesn't matter what lfg games with different class systems use. These things don't "just work" in vacuum, the rest of the game and its mechanics matter.

And if you keep dodging everything the posts you're quoting say to you, it's rather clear you understand that you don't exactly know what you're talking about, but instead just try to pretend "just force random people on random classes/builds to play with themselves" solves anything OP (or you) complained about. If you really think your ideas are good, then respond to the question and clarify the doubts. For now you're just running away from them and it's really obvious.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Even now if the modes i have listed , you don't need to control the people that comes in your group

I don't need to, I have a friend that experienced this exact same thing.

https://imgur.com/a/Rf8jgss

This fight took 33 minutes. Do you really think this sort of thing is fun? Your LFG does not make people have fun, it only make them group together, suffer and then stop using it.

7 minutes ago, Luci.7018 said:

If PoF strikes succeed, then the auto-LFG can work too , or Tier Chat , like Fractals

But PoF strikes have failed in that it proved a LFG with no requirement does not work because people will FAIL. You have to understand just because you get 10 people together does not mean they will beat it or have fun and if the system does not do that then it will be abandoned. 

I don't need to, I have a friend that experienced this exact same thing.

https://imgur.com/a/Rf8jgss

This fight took 33 minutes. Do you really think this sort of thing is fun? Your LFG does not make people have fun, it only make them group together, suffer and then stop using it.

So in the current format (now) they need 33 min and they are not having fun , but with an auto-LFG (which will be same , minus the need to use external information) they still down't having fun ?

How about if in the current format if  people  are not having fun ... i don't know change it ?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Luci.7018 said:

So in the current format (now) they need 33 min and they are not having fun , but with an auto-LFG (which will be same , minus the need to use external information) they still down't having fun ?

How about if in the current format if  people  are not having fun ... i don't know change it ?

Change what? What are proposing? Auto LFG will be the same yes where people will still fail and abandon it, so why are you proposing a no requirement one? Just to waste development time?

But PoF strikes have failed in that it proved a LFG with no requirement does not work because people will FAIL. You have to understand just because you get 10 people together does not mean they will beat it or have fun and if the system does not do that then it will be abandoned. 

PoF strikes (normal and the pseudo-LFG) failed for some "community in-fighting" . We still don't know if the company created an ultimatum / won their hearts with their leghty  posts about the future of the game

• Confused 1

Change what? What are proposing? Auto LFG will be the same yes where people will still fail and abandon it, so why are you proposing a no requirement one? Just to waste development time?

They won't abandon if it's the same system . It will simply segregated a bit the community and avoid scenarios about going in instances you don't belong or "gatekeeping"

• Confused 1

Just now, Luci.7018 said:

PoF strikes (normal and the pseudo-LFG) failed for some "community in-fighting" . We still don't know if the company created an ultimatum / won their hearts with their leghty  posts about the future of the game

I just don't understand why you are confident about this. Whatever PoF strike failures have nothing to do with LFG. It stem from this game's complexity in gearing and setup as well as horizontal reward being much more difficult to design than vertical ones. You are basically discussing something completely irrelevant.

They won't abandon if it's the same system . It will simply segregated a bit the community and avoid scenarios about going in instances you don't belong or "gatekeeping"

Think about it, why would people keep using it if they are not having fun using it? Because they are all M? Of course it will be abandoned or worse stop playing it because they think that's how the game works when in reality is not.

I just don't understand why you are confident about this. Whatever PoF strike failures have nothing to do with LFG. It stem from this game's complexity in gearing and setup as well as horizontal reward being much more difficult to design than vertical ones. You are basically discussing something completely irrelevant.

There is no gearing and setup as you saying . When they launched healers would carry throught people in the first 3 strikes (just like the fight with the  torches)  . Then the word"gatekeeping" and going back to Raids started and went downhill

• Confused 2

Think about it, why would people keep using it if they are not having fun using it? Because they are all M? Of course it will be abandoned or worse stop playing it because they think that's how the game works when in reality is not.

Why people used to not have fun in PoF strikes and now they have ? Its rebranded

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Luci.7018 said:

There is no gearing and setup as you saying . When they launched healers would carry throught people in the first 3 strikes (just like the fight with the  torches)  . Then the word"gatekeeping" and going back to Raids started and went downhill

Of course there is gearing and setup, that is the biggest difference between GW2 and other MMO. They are an incredibly important aspect of gameplay and group composition. Do you really think there is no biggie between a guy in full soldier trying to dps vs a guy in full zerker? The difference is absolutely massive. It is the reason why LFG works for WoW/FF14 but not here.

I am sorry but I am done here. I think the main issue is that you do not understand how the game functions and think they are more for minmaxing when in reality they are required. If that is the case then we have a very fundamental differing view on gameplay if you have no idea what I am even talking about. So good luck and I would suggest start reading up on the important of boons and the difference they make.

23 minutes ago, Luci.7018 said:

Nice out of context screenshot. Conveniently completely avoiding the fact that it is a screenshot/post/meme made specifically from "everyone welcome" group, which is specifically the experience you're asking for in this thread. 🤔

• Confused 1

Of course there is gearing and setup, that is the biggest difference between GW2 and other MMO. They are an incredibly important aspect of gameplay and group composition. Do you really think there is no biggie between a guy in full soldier trying to dps vs a guy in full zerker? The difference is absolutely massive. It is the reason why LFG works for WoW/FF14 but not here.

I am sorry but I am done here. I think the main issue is that you do not understand how the game functions and think they are more for minmaxing when in reality they are required. If that is the case then we have a very fundamental view on gameplay if you have no idea what I am even talking about. So good luck and I would suggest start reading up on the important of boons and the difference they make.

And currently in this LFG  as we said , you welcome anyone , so with an auto youwill the same

• Confused 2