roaming guard... will bender boon duration.

Fat Disgrace.4275

so i dont have much exp at all with guard in general. i sometimes pug support fb in wvw zergs but thats about it. i been watching a lot of willbenders duel in wvw and they seem to have a lot of boon up time, but how much boon duratiion is "too much" i made this build in mind with boon duration but kept all other stats as high as possible. do i really need this much boon duration ? 

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PWwAwyFlhyAZfMM2IW8X5RXA-zVZYihUyDOUdBzRHC8YaSAlpCoXJQ0igMECa8AEwG41MilNA-w

Hey, i think you are definitely on the right track with that build, personally im running around 60% boon duration, so a bit more than you even. 

A few notes: 
-Definitely take the 33% chance on crit to gain  might ascended food, you hit a lot on willbender and with your amount of boon duration you get good value 

-I prefer rage sigil over agility, but id say that's personal preference (4,5 seconds of quickness with rage sigil on your setup)

-replace sigil of the night with hydro, i think hydro is must on willbender considering you're full melee (chill helps staying on top of enemies) and it also hits (synergy with virtue skills) 

-I don't think you need stand your ground, on virtues even less so, should have enough stability with f3 alone. I'd recommend whirling light, deals good damage if you know how to work around the bug (currently it only hits people in front of you)

Personally I run this: 

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PWwAwyFlVw+YeMQ2IW8PqRPA-zVhYBRBIGaNc4IjI6YOEkTJTJQnKgWFB9KE04BQcM2DTjGGtA-w

Gear choices are very similar, but I'm full medi with valor instead of virtues for now, as I think that valor > virtues for roaming. I'm experimenting with whirling light instead of smite condition atm as you get more damage, but not sure yet

You guys are using RoF as a healing skill?

Imo Anet should make that skill work more similiar to its gw1 variation, wich would be instant cast rather than the brace for inpact animation wich stop's atacking, and atacking is something that WB need to keep doing.

I felt this is something like a contradiction in class design itself... the class was designed to be fast pace yet has quite some  "emergency brakes" skills mixed.

@kanorsanity.9752 

I assume that is PVE?  the only WB ive seen only X vs 1 or loose all fights if they go on 1vs1, specially when they try to atack necros its a 3 seconds fights... even core rangers destroy them easilly

Edited by Aeolus.3615

On 4/19/2022 at 7:52 PM, kanorsanity.9752 said:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PWwAwyFlhyUZgsP2IW8X5RXA-zVJYihvQarAyMF6MCUbA-w

What do u think of this build for roaming guys?

You forgot weapon stats but nevertheless are heavily are overcapping on crit chance:

-10% extra against burning foes

- 25% extra from having retaliation

- 20% extra from fury

- (often +5% from claim buff)

So you should definitely replace lot of marauder stats with Dragon ones until you hit 40-45% crit chance. Also you propably need cleansing sigil somewhere.

I myself find Valor with 5 meditations better option than Radiance as it beats squishy matchups but lacks damage against some cele bunkers., Those you have to just run away from.

Edited by Threather.9354

2 hours ago, Threather.9354 said:

You forgot weapon stats but nevertheless are heavily are overcapping on crit chance:

-10% extra against burning foes

- 25% extra from having retaliation

- 20% extra from fury

- (often +5% from claim buff)

So you should definitely replace lot of marauder stats with Dragon ones until you hit 40-45% crit chance. Also you propably need cleansing sigil somewhere.

I myself find Valor with 5 meditations better option than Radiance as it beats squishy matchups but lacks damage against some cele bunkers., Those you have to just run away from.

Do you have an example build i could follow plz? @Threather.9354