PvP Spectre popularity.

Puck.3697

I played through all the current league ranked chest, I probably seen a total of 3 Specters and none of them were very threatening. Then again all Thieves really do is annoy me by making me have to watch them on map for when they try to decap home and run away. I mostly played Mech Engi because I'm lazy and not a big Spvp fan to begin with and want to be able to put in as little effort for high reward as possible.

WvW I'm exclusively Daredevil, I don't enjoy the other two specs too much in WvW in their current states and Deadeye I flat out hate.

Edited by Doggie.3184

Specter in 3v3 is the most useless profession by a big margin.

You do kitten damage, die instantly  - the  build up of shadow force is so incredibly slowly you are mostly dead before you can use 3 abilities.

I tried several specs, SA Crit, Condi, heal nothing works - you are always a burden for your team.

Sure you might win some games, and think you are good cause you healed some a provided some shields but in reality, even ranked game, your team loses when you have a specter and they dont.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I played Specter SwD/ScP last league as a bunker until the nerfs. After that I didn't feel like I was earning anything over Daredevil DP. I liked Specter as an alternative role when there was already another roamer in the team and it felt ok for me to sacrifice mobility and utility skills in order to be more kind of a duelist/bunker but as it is now it's very weak against condis, CC and you even don't do that much damage after all that much sacrifices. For me it feels like a 50-60k hp stone rolling to the fight and wasting some time until you are out and die because you can't really disengage that much. I don't like it anymore for pvp.

On 5/2/2022 at 8:18 PM, Leon.6839 said:

I played Specter SwD/ScP last league as a bunker until the nerfs. After that I didn't feel like I was earning anything over Daredevil DP. I liked Specter as an alternative role when there was already another roamer in the team and it felt ok for me to sacrifice mobility and utility skills in order to be more kind of a duelist/bunker but as it is now it's very weak against condis, CC and you even don't do that much damage after all that much sacrifices. For me it feels like a 50-60k hp stone rolling to the fight and wasting some time until you are out and die because you can't really disengage that much. I don't like it anymore for pvp.

Either you play sword dagg/dagg pistol mara or do condi carrion amu scep/dagg + sword/pist, not as a bunker. 

mara build u run almost full wells and with sword you have plenty of mobility

Edited by sentient.2081
  • Like 1

On 5/4/2022 at 1:14 AM, sentient.2081 said:

Either you play sword dagg/dagg pistol mara or do condi carrion amu scep/dagg + sword/pist, not as a bunker. 

mara build u run almost full wells and with sword you have plenty of mobility

They are fine, but for a mobility play style I prefer Daredevil for ranged damage I like Deadeye. I liked Specter for the sustain and I don't like as it is now, but that's for me, not for all the world.

I don't play PvP, but just looking at the patch notes it looks like they overnerfed it as a kneejerk reaction. The damage nerf to Sc/D 3 was fair if they want it to bunker and provide team support, the cleanse nerf on the middle grandmaster trait was fair if they want it to roam and decap, but doing both makes it worse than daredevil in pretty much every way.

6 hours ago, Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

I don't play PvP, but just looking at the patch notes it looks like they overnerfed it as a kneejerk reaction. The damage nerf to Sc/D 3 was fair if they want it to bunker and provide team support, the cleanse nerf on the middle grandmaster trait was fair if they want it to roam and decap, but doing both makes it worse than daredevil in pretty much every way.

They'll never allow theif to be anything other than +1 decap, they dont know how.

9 hours ago, ixon.2496 said:

They'll never allow theif to be anything other than +1 decap, they dont know how.

I think that's just the mentality the playerbase outside thief has on the class. They were fine with useless decap bot, but they still want free kills to this day.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ixon.2496 said:

Thief just have a very very high skill cap to use. 

And they also made a wrong move with daredevil (aka the escapist). The elite spec should be assassin with user friendly stealth mechanics & high burst potential instead of those DD’s dodges.