Teapot did a ranked PvP tierlist.

8 hours ago, Kuya.6495 said:

It'd be a hell of an oversight to make an elite that synergizes with ammo utilities that didn't account for the fact that a lot of shouts use ammo and that warrior shouts are tied to warrior sustain builds. 🤷‍♀️

It's not unreasonable to consider it unintended success considering:

• Larger oversights have made it into the game and subsequently needed to be balanced around. (Elusive mind, Jade bot being defiant, Chronobunker, Pre-nerf scourge)
  • An elite spec for warrior that requires it to stand still for access to its burst skill is an oversight
  • Anet deliberately nerfed lush forest because it facilitated spammy ammo playstyles in beta test, so there is reason to believe anet didnt want us to spam shouts to make up for the above oversight. 
Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

disagree very much with his bladesworn placeament, maybe be correct before willbender, untamed and harb got in to meta, but now.

it maybe very self sufficient in ranked, but it still has minimum carry potential like the rest of the warrior and to be listed among all these classes that can actually hard carry a team is quite odd.

also his tier list is very confusing, how there's S A+ A, but then there's B C D,

it heavily confuses people. usually people associate A with very good, top.

yet A tier here is in fact only average or above average.

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Like 4

It's a bit bizarre seeing Virtuoso in his B tier and apparently just above Mirage too. It's so heavily bugged and borderline dysfunctional that it really is delicious feed tier fodder. I don't think I've ever come up against a spec in this game that is so trivial to kill since base Engi.

1 hour ago, Simonoly.4352 said:

It's a bit bizarre seeing Virtuoso in his B tier and apparently just above Mirage too. It's so heavily bugged and borderline dysfunctional that it really is delicious feed tier fodder. I don't think I've ever come up against a spec in this game that is so trivial to kill since base Engi.

I don't understand how mesmers are coming to the conclusion that virtuoso is terrible when most virtuosos I have come into contact with, including Kronos have had omegablockstrings.

This feels like when Mirage first dropped and people hated it until everyone figured out how to make it not die, while before then mesmers were already using it to nuke people with condis.

Explain it to me; why is it bad? Because when I'm running anything that does single strike big hits there's a significant chance I'll hit a block at any time.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

When I watched this video I just assumed that all the people playing the different professions where at the top of their game and where masters of their elite specs. Alot of confusion comes from when at different levels of experience different classes/elite specs are more powerful or less powerful because of ease of use, skill ceilings, skill floors and the ability to remove conditions more/less easily

Edited by Infinity.2876

19 hours ago, chronometria.3708 said:

Why is it that T-Pot always insists that warrior is strong, despite it never seeing the light in competitive play?

A lot of people do not know this but competitive in gw2 is a term limited to matches with coordinated teams and more specifically centered around mAt where you see “top teams”.

This is why this thread, the title of the video, the thumbnail all mention ranked and not competitive.

Also from the intro of the video at 14s : “I am going to do 1 for ranked, 1 for high level competitive play”

So what he said is right because the 2 experiences are vastly different.

Or maybe you already knew and wanted to comment anyway (I can only try to guess).

The video for competitive actually released today.

Edited by aymnad.9023
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

I don't understand how mesmers are coming to the conclusion that virtuoso is terrible when most virtuosos I have come into contact with, including Kronos have had omegablockstrings.

This feels like when Mirage first dropped and people hated it until everyone figured out how to make it not die, while before then mesmers were already using it to nuke people with condis.

Explain it to me; why is it bad? Because when I'm running anything that does single strike big hits there's a significant chance I'll hit a block at any time.

Virtuoso is in the same boat as sidenode spellbreaker little bit better since it can burst down someone in a teamfight from range. They share similar issues since they are both kill specs and the core traitlines are kinda kitten so the scallings are off and can't kill much  , while the sidenode meta is all about slow kitten pool noodling with the occasional spike damage on int sigil or some kitten like that while waiting for +1(or +2 with all the nonsense mobility on everything) . 

Virtuoso is basically the mesmer/warrior combo burst skills with pseudo adrenaline "blades", while spellbreaker is warrior/mesmer but kinda kitten since most of the mesmer stuff got nerfed out.

The no clones thing might be annoying for losing the whole sensory overload, but on the bright side people can no longer "dodge" the clone AI shatter skills by standing on small indentations on the ground or the clones becoming buffs for professions that scale out of hitting kitten like necro, since clones are free life force. 

On 5/6/2022 at 4:31 PM, Vancho.8750 said:

Virtuoso is in the same boat as sidenode spellbreaker little bit better since it can burst down someone in a teamfight from range. They share similar issues since they are both kill specs and the core traitlines are kinda kitten so the scallings are off and can't kill much  , while the sidenode meta is all about slow kitten pool noodling with the occasional spike damage on int sigil or some kitten like that while waiting for +1(or +2 with all the nonsense mobility on everything) . 

Understandable I think. It's pushed out by current meta, hm

14 hours ago, agrippastrilemma.8741 said:

It's pushed out by being a garbage teamfighter and roamer while being a substandard middling 1v1er

I keep hearing that but then I fight them and they -dont- appear to be what I consider "middling" as a 1v1er. They're probably a bad roamer but...

I need more research on this, I don't buy it yet. This echoes like when Mirage Cloak dropped into the game and people were upset their dodge moved them less far when it turns out that was really offset  by the fact they could negate a lot of damage.