The world of Guild Wars 2

On 5/10/2022 at 2:38 AM, Zeusx.2906 said:

Thank you i will check those places out. I believe i have been to two or three of the already but i will go back and see if its what im looking for.

I thought of another option you could explore.

TL;DR There are several gardens around the world that tend to have no threats, and a few NPCs pleasantly working their patches of fruits or vegetables. If you go to GW2Efficiency.com, click the gathering tab, and click "Check all Plants" you'll get a list of farms where there is a high density of a given kind of plant node. Not all of these are "chill" spaces, but some are.

A couple of examples that spring to mind:

Behind the Town of Nolan in Diessa Plateau there is a semi-hidden water pipe that leads back through a ruin to a spot where a cute charr cub has planted a strawberry patch she tends. There are no events nor hostile mobs.

There's another strawberry farm on the cliffs overlooking Wizard's Fief in Kessex Hills. There are events around the area, and hostile mobs on the way there, but if I remember correctly once you get to the cliff terraces where the strawberries are, you won't have any events pop up on you nor hostile mobs to contend with. Plus you have the picturesque view of the floating Wizard's Castle.

There's a potato farm on a floating Asura platform in Akk Wilds, Metrica Province that is out of the way of events and mobs, though there might be enough events popping around you that it won't fit your definition of "chill".

Finally, there's a lovely little flax farm in Verdant Brink of all places ("chill", in HoT?). It's in a secluded crack in the cliffs, and I don't think any events or mobs spawn there. It's north of Jaka Itzel Waypoint, but a little tricky to find because you have to glide or fly down into an area that looks like you're going off-map. People visit this place regularly for the flax, so in addition to the NPCs, you'll find a steady stream of other players stopping buy to farm flax.

Don't hold me to the chillness of any of these places! Well, except the first strawberry farm. Other than that, there may be hostile mobs or events I don't remember. But it'd be worth checking them out to see if they fit what you're looking for.

All of the posts in this thread dismissing your desire for chill locations are super unhelpful. One of the things I find amazing about this game is that the developers have tucked little, unique places all over the game, and plenty of them are there just for discovery, so they don't have events or even hostile mobs. It does take a little exploring to find them, though. I've been playing since the betas, and I'm still finding places like these for the first time. I only found that first strawberry farm I mentioned recently because my turtle was so hungry.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Zeusx.2906 said:

100% agree, but i guess with the whole dynamic thing in GW2 they need to fill maps with enough to do which makes Beetletuns rare. The solution i guess would be to make bigger maps. 

Man I'm sure you could have peaceful towns around the maps even without making them bigger. I wouldn't even expect them to have no events at all, just no combat events. They could have more relaxing events like helping a noble find something or solving a puzzle etc.

• Haha 1