5/10 patch note

21 hours ago, aymnad.9023 said:

I never liked the shield. It brings a ton of cc and defense but those cds are way too high. If they wanted to increase the cd 5 s could have been enough.

Just to confirm, we're talking the engine shield skill (meaning you couldn't run a damaging off hand weapon) that had two skills on a 25 and 30 second down?   You felt that added a ton of Cc and defense to say the meta explosive holo build? Or core condition engi?

I guess there was the one build that was prot holo that could actually take inventions... but the tradeoff in effectiveness was ... well what it should be for lowering the shield cool downs.   Plus the magnetic shield didn't even work against properly placed grenade kit attacks or mortars.

I've just never heard anyone say they thought the engi shield was overturned before.  You either had to build a build around it... or it was a very intermittent crutch at best....

Please don' t nerf it... but scrapper hammer has a 6 second reflect and a 18 second block that does damage and accrues barrier..

Edited by shion.2084
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, shion.2084 said:

Just to confirm, we're talking the engine shield skill (meaning you couldn't run a damaging off hand weapon) that had two skills on a 25 and 30 second down?   You felt that added a ton of Cc and defense to say the meta explosive holo build? Or core condition engi?

I guess there was the one build that was prot holo that could actually take inventions... but the tradeoff in effectiveness was ... well what it should be for lowering the shield cool downs.   Plus the magnetic shield didn't even work against properly placed grenade kit attacks or mortars.

I've just never heard anyone say they thought the engi shield was overturned before.  You either had to build a build around it... or it was a very intermittent crutch at best....

Please don' t nerf it... but scrapper hammer has a 6 second reflect and a 18 second block that does damage and accrues barrier..

You seem to be looking for someone to just take your frustration on or maybe that is the way you usually talk to people. In any case it does not encourage anyone to provide feedback or discuss with you.

Yes I am talking about engineer shield. Projectile reflects, knockback, stun, daze and block. Those are very strong effects on their own, having all of them on a single weapon offers a lot of versatility and can be played with anything without much (if any) investment (just like ele focus). There was no such thing as a need to trait it or "build a build around it". (Edit) I also think that being able to cc multiple target, sometimes in an instant, makes it impactful in 1V1 and allows to support in teamfights.

Reflects not working on aoe projectiles is the as any reflect. Even small aoe reflects do suffer from this. Also it does not negate the overall impact it has on projectile based builds.

Hammer is what I find the most fun “weapon” of engineer to play but yes it definitely can bring frustration to projectile based builds (evade / block / super frequent reflect) especially because scrapper also gains some other strong projectile negation (gyro). (edit 2: I feel like I need to add that I am not asking for changes here, but only stating how someone could not like it because shion decided to include it)

Edited by aymnad.9023
  • Confused 4

To be clear, its not really frustration for me, cause I use hammer.   But I always felt that one block on a 30 second cool down was already kind of awful.   I couldn't afford to use all its other capabilities because I needed the darn block.
I always felt that rangers seemed to have a much better time of it with their GS, and warriors with their shield... but could be grass is greener.

21 hours ago, shion.2084 said:

To be clear, its not really frustration for me, cause I use hammer.   But I always felt that one block on a 30 second cool down was already kind of awful.   I couldn't afford to use all its other capabilities because I needed the darn block.
I always felt that rangers seemed to have a much better time of it with their GS, and warriors with their shield... but could be grass is greener.

Thank you for your answer. If this is not what you meant in your message sorry for being on the defensive.

In general channeled blocks have around 30s cooldown baseline. The cd is not an obstacle , every profession has a different variation and when you have one, you generally want to use it as it allows to build offensive and still survive, it pushes defensive builds even further and more importantly buys time for the cds.

Could you explain what makes you think the shield was (before the cd update) worst than the other?

If we had to compare every defensive weapons skill 4 and 5 alone (no other weapon, trait or anything) engineer shield would definitely be one of the best (before the cd nerf) as it offers 2 defensive skills and 2 instant cc which can also force more stunbreaks (multi target on every skill).

I know comparing 2 skills / utilities without the context of the profession is not the best but I like to imagine warrior axe with engie shield (using previous cds). I would enjoy it (and it would be really strong). I would have had more defenses against range builds(~5s VS 3 before), and way more combos. Instant push into axe 3 or F1 if there is a wall AND instant stun 5 into axe 2 / 3 / F1 or even weapon swap into anything else (vs 2s with a cast time before)! Maybe war mains will tell me I am wrong and the one they have is better but I doubt it.

Obviously this part only reflects my opinions / feelings.  Maybe what gives you this feeling is the “complete package” for engineer, shield + something else with no weapon swap? Pistol and shield has some ranged condi + defense but has not as much synergy / is not quite as fun as melee burst + mini projectile + defense from war or melee burst and mobility + defense from ranger. Shield and sword is strong and I like how it pairs with holo forge but I am not able to point out what makes it feel less interesting than gs or axe / dagger + shield to me. Maybe the lack of mechanic like gs5 with gs2 of ranger ? Maybe because it feels less fluid than axe / shield of war? I have not tried shield + mace outside of training areas.

Hammer feels impactful and a complete fighter package thanks to barrier and some stab. This is a fun variant of the ranger GS with similar effects on the same keys so it could also be one of the reasons I like it.

Edited by aymnad.9023

On 5/10/2022 at 7:18 PM, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

Competitive Balance

Revenant

• Tree Song: Reduced the number of conditions removed from 5 to 3 in PvP only. Increased cooldown from 3 seconds to 8 seconds in PvP only.
  • Battle Dance: Increased cooldown from 3 seconds to 10 seconds in PvP only.
  • Saint's Shield: Reduced healing and barrier attribute scaling from 1.0 to 0.7 in PvP only.
  • Phantom's Onslaught: Increased power coefficient from 1.18 to 1.33 in PvP and WvW.
  • Scavenger Burst: Increased power coefficient from 1.25 to 1.55 in PvP only.
  • Nomad's Advance: Increased power coefficient from 2.0 to 2.3 in PvP and WvW.
  • Spear of Archemorus: Increased power coefficient from 2.33 to 2.67 in PvP and WvW. Reduced energy cost from 20 to 15 in PvP and WvW.

Engineer

• Rectifier Signet: Reduced pulse heal from 230 to 142 in PvP only.
  • Mech Frame: Channeling Conduits: Increased internal cooldown from 3 seconds to 4 seconds in PvP only.
  • Magnetic Shield: Increased cooldown from 25 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP only.
  • Static Shield: Increased cooldown from 30 seconds to 40 seconds in PvP only.

Ranger

• Tail Swipe (Drake Family): Reduced power coefficient from 0.9 to 0.72 in PvP only.

Thief

• Specter: Reduced shadow force gained per initiative from 1% to 0.75% in PvP only.

Structured Player vs. Player

• Rune of the Trapper (PvP): Reduced stealth duration from 3 seconds to 1 second.

Only explanation for this : devs of this game either trolling or they are necro and guardian mains.This is proof of how Devs so untouched with their product and community.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1