I don't understand 5-target cap AoE for WvW

3 hours ago, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

That’s like saying you’ve got 7.5 kids…you can’t have .5 of a target…it’s an integer value.

This must be an attempt at humor flying over my head. 

Your suggestion is cool though. Probably one of the coolest suggestions I’ve heard in a while and would be a step in the right direction for the game. Like a point investment system where one can choose the amount of targets a skill can hit. You’re given something like 30 points and can choose to have a single skill hit 30 targets or have 6 skills hit 5 targets and so on…making the decision for target cap autonomous would open up huge number of new possible builds.

Technically you can have .5 of a target (or any decimal) if you define "target damage" based on the distance from 100% ie centerpoint.

I mean why couldnt an ele have 50 man target cap but only the closest 3 to each meteor get hit by 100% damage and after that it quickly fall off.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Technically you can have .5 of a target (or any decimal) if you define "target damage" based on the distance from 100% ie centerpoint.

I mean why couldnt an ele have 50 man target cap but only the closest 3 to each meteor get hit by 100% damage and after that it quickly fall off.

Imagine trying to justify saying something as wacky as this. This is even worse then the guy who tried to argue that 2+2 is equal to 5 on the spvp forums.

Imagine going to a cashier to buy a candy bar that costs 75 cents…and instead of taking out 3 quarters like a normal human being…you take a dollar, rip it in half, and rip that half into another half and hand the cashier 3/4’s of the dollar bill and then you said :

“Technically i can define 75 cents to be 3/4’s of this dollar bill…”

You can create and believe any amount of fairytale logic you want and it can even be self consistent, but that doesn’t mean that just saying stuff from your imagination is self consistent, let alone consistent with the world let alone the games ruleset. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

Imagine trying to justify saying something as wacky as this. This is even worse then the guy who tried to argue that 2+2 is equal to 5 on the spvp forums.

Imagine going to a cashier to buy a candy bar that costs 75 cents…and instead of taking out 3 quarters like a normal human being…you take a dollar, rip it in half, and rip that half into another half and hand the cashier 3/4’s of the dollar bill and then you said :

“Technically i can define 75 cents to be 3/4’s of this dollar bill…”

You can create and believe any amount of fairytale logic you want and it can even be self consistent, but that doesn’t mean that just saying stuff from your imagination is self consistent, let alone consistent with the world let alone the games ruleset. 

Imagine thinking that analogy change the fact that you could technically diminish damage per player based on distance and thus hit a "partial" target.

On 5/12/2022 at 12:29 PM, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

(Snip)

@Gotejjeken.1267 anet said years ago that this is bc it makes less serverlag.

IF they really care about that then they should make less aoe stack and spam classes 1st place, and make few but strong hight limit cap spells wich some TRUE risk reward effect, high damage higher cap but  on quite some reaally long CD to avoid its spam and punish those who fail(AND NOT ALL CLASSES/SPECS SHOULD HAVE ACCESS TO THOSE) it is the basic and traditional design on how to balance spam vs AOE vs target cap, if a team fails to hit its  big aoe should be punished  thats how BIG aoe caps are balanced since every other class has lesser  then aoe to more normalized aoe damage aoe  spells as well to lessen the server burden, at the end would be more cleaves and single, some aoes, and then some very few skills but  strong aoe on high CD, elementalist could be a good class to make this gameplay, i can even imagine core engie having a tool like this and be balanced >_>.

The way how skills pulse also helps the servers wich is burst and spam wich also makes  tool in server load and client rendering.

And what Anet does is keeps enforcing more aoe boon spam and more aoes being spammed, so no they never cared about server lag in terms to change and balance the classes... what they do to resolve lag is try o manage servers to fight LESS, link provided ktrains in diferent hours while one server being always empty most time, so to help reduce the lag Anet should play more with direct effects skills rather kep wanting players to low effort perma boons, perma boon should be something that few ELITE specs should achive and should be boons that wont effect much or that dont gain much advantage when mass stacked.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1