Map location in wrong place.

No, OP's saying it should be down there in the water, not where it appears in their map.

@OP, try doing a repair of your client?

[edit] that made me curious, so looked on my map, which is the same as OP's. Is the wiki wrong?

Edited by DeanBB.4268

• 7 months later...
On 5/12/2022 at 12:47 AM, DeanBB.4268 said:

No, OP's saying it should be down there in the water, not where it appears in their map.

@OP, try doing a repair of your client?

[edit] that made me curious, so looked on my map, which is the same as OP's. Is the wiki wrong?

Belated response. But.

The wiki is right, and it's nothing to do with the client; I had an issue caused by the same problem, and even swapped machines entirely trying to work out what was happening, before some kind soul brought me up to date. The map is (still, December 22nd 2022) somewhat broken.The shroud for Skimshallow Cove is in the right place south of the Skimmer Ranch, but the server code for displaying the area name, and for detecting when a character enters the area, thinks the area is elsewhere. So if you head south from the Skimmer Ranch, the shroud there doesn't clear as it should. But conversely, if you head north from the Olishar's oasis WP, you'll "discover" Skimshallow Cove - and the shroud way over in the SW, in the actual area location, will magically clear.

(Based on the dates I rolled various characters, and which first saw the issue, it probably happened with the May 10th update. Which tallies nicely with the date at the top of this thread.)

Edited by Doghouse.1562

• 1 month later...