Skip button

I've played since day one of beta for the game and after running 17 characters through the game and working on 18, i really wish there were some kind of function for LS where you could hit to skip to the next part you need to do something in rather than having to go through all the NPC chat again.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game and I do watch it and pay attention more for nostalgia reasons but it would be nice to have the option. 

Not all cutscenes have skip buttons 😕

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Oh for a skip button in GW2, it would be one of the best QoL things for them to add in game. Honestly it would reduce our time spent in certain area's, especially say, the latest expansion as 90% of it would be skippable (I literally afk'd through multiple quests or alt-tabbed and did something else while I waited) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

I've wanted one for awhile.  Every time I had to do the story steps I would tab out and watch something else for 5-10 minutes.  Worst offender being Ankka's logs, some of which go on forever  

Should have made it an achievement to turn on every log at the same time, even though it'd be easy, it'd be funny at least to hear her talking over herself 🙂

• Haha 1

A skip button would be nice, but I have a feeling that if it existed, people would skip through everything and then complain that they completed the story/LWS release is 10 minutes and complain about lack of content.

Though perhaps require each account to play through it once would help out.

Going through the LWS stories right now, skip would be nice.  It would also be nice if re-playing a chapter for achievements to just start the given instance when the achievement part starts - many LWS have 5-10 minutes of junk, and then you end up failing the achievement in the first 30 seconds.

Arguably, this results in less game play for myself - I'm not going to waste may time doing the same meaningless content multiple times to try to get an achievement, and just acknowledge I'll never get that achievement, and thus just don't try.

17 hours ago, Solvar.7953 said:

A skip button would be nice, but I have a feeling that if it existed, people would skip through everything and then complain that they completed the story/LWS release is 10 minutes and complain about lack of content.

Waiting 2 min on some NPC to run its mouth is content only for some. For me its a waste of time that forces me to watch videos while I play (breaking immersion and my patience).

It just kills me inside knowing the game went from skippable custcenes to this chat bubble vomit that goes on and on and on and on and on and on. At the very least give some speed-up option for the chat, on subsequent completions (e.g. like in visual novels). That way I'd have to wait only the first time, presumably when the story is new and interesting (and it really isn't even on the first time).

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/16/2022 at 9:31 PM, Hotride.2187 said:

Waiting 2 min on some NPC to run its mouth is content only for some. For me its a waste of time that forces me to watch videos while I play (breaking immersion and my patience).

It just kills me inside knowing the game went from skippable custcenes to this chat bubble vomit that goes on and on and on and on and on and on. At the very least give some speed-up option for the chat, on subsequent completions (e.g. like in visual novels). That way I'd have to wait only the first time, presumably when the story is new and interesting (and it really isn't even on the first time).

Ya know, I forgot GW2 launched with skippable options. Even funnier then that we went from a great story telling experience to un-skippable speach bubbles that they take a year to get out their mouths 

• Haha 1

• A skip button for cutscenes
  • An option to skip open-world dialogue by walking away (there have been occasional implementations of this)
  • The option to innitiate a second dialogue while the previous one hasn't finished yet, and by doing so cutting off the previous one (also occasionally seen in some older content, but was barred in EoD --> example: the epilogue)

These three things would be a great QoL additions for players like me who repeatedly play through the same content on all their characters.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1