EoD Quest In the Name of the Law? [Merged]

At the point in the quest when you must take Detective Rama on a boat cruise through New Kaineng it states an achievement to not get him wet? Well as soon as the boat spawns with him on it it dunks him and ruins the achievement, nothing to do with me its a server issue or bug.. instant failure, tried it on three characters now and it instantly fails.

A relog or restarting the quest doesn't bring the achievement back and i doubt it would change the outcome as i said for some reason when he gets on board it respawns the boat and instant it does it dunks him and ruins the achievement.

Cannot get this one at all.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, SandraSolace.7682 said:

I might be reading this wrong but are you not on the skiff when you go to pick him up?

Or are you on the boat and when he get's on it despawns?

Yes i turn up on the boat, he talks then the boat instantly despawns and respawns as he gets on it, in that second it dunks him. Three characters now. Achievement lost.

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Confused 1

On 5/16/2022 at 10:16 PM, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Pick up Detective Rama in your boat.

Boat Tour for Two 1https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/thumb/c/cd/AP.png/20px-AP.png
Give Rama a nice boat ride across Cantha's waters.
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Hmm; I didn't/don't see anything about not getting him wet. But, also, I didn't have that issue with that particular achievement. Have you tried visiting the 4 optional spots before the required 3 spots, even though the skiff despawns? There is an additional achievement Boat Tour for Two available here for taking Rama on a forced tourist trail of Kaineng of a further 4 optional spots marked on the map with green lore dialogue icons (must be completed prior to the mandatory spots).

Have you any other Skiff skins?  Have you tried a -repair of the client, in case of corrupted file(s)? 

During the NPC conversation after the "beat up the bigot" step, I accepted the offer to move to a new map instance. After loading back into the map, there was no quest objective marker. I moved to where the next step would have been, and the quest still didn't advance. Next, as per the reply to my support ticket, I selected a different story chapter (and completed it,) then switched back to In The Name of the Law. This didn't fix it either. The support rep then told me to send a support ticket about it and post here, so here I am.

• Like 1

It's definitely bugged. In the first couple of weeks, I played through the story step without an issue. The past couple of weeks, however, the exact same thing happens: he ends up in the water, no mattet what.

This is often paired with another Rama spawning at the pier, while the other one remains in the water. I pick the new one up and the story progresses as intended.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

It's definitely bugged. In the first couple of weeks, I played through the story step without an issue. The past couple of weeks, however, the exact same thing happens: he ends up in the water, no mattet what.

This is often paired with another Rama spawning at the pier, while the other one remains in the water. I pick the new one up and the story progresses as intended.

I've seen him there when we return to the dock a few times, he speaks all over again.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 5/16/2022 at 7:59 AM, Dante.1508 said:

At the point in the quest when you must take Detective Rama on a boat cruise through New Kaineng it states an achievement to not get him wet? Well as soon as the boat spawns with him on it it dunks him and ruins the achievement, nothing to do with me its a server issue or bug.. instant failure, tried it on three characters now and it instantly fails.

A relog or restarting the quest doesn't bring the achievement back and i doubt it would change the outcome as i said for some reason when he gets on board it respawns the boat and instant it does it dunks him and ruins the achievement.

Cannot get this one at all.

Ok I think I've worked out what may be happening.

This evening I was running through the storyline again with a guildmate and did something I normally don't do. As I approached the spot where Rama is standing (at the green star marker), I anchored my skiff with the 0 Key. After Rama went through his speech he attempted to board my boat and promptly fell into the water. I normally don't anchor the boat.

So I then tried to pick him up from the jetty without anchoring the skiff. I approached the spot on my skiff and just floated next to him. He went through his speech then boarded my boat and didn't fall into the water.

It appears that there is some sort of odd coding in that if you are anchored and can move around on the deck, then Rama in effect doesn't see the boat as belonging to you and although going through the actions he falls in the water and doesnt become part of the boat itself for movement purposes, if that makes sense?

Anyway, try approaching him on your skiff. Don't anchor up and see what happens.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Andy.5981
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Andy.5981 said:

Ok I think I've worked out what may be happening.

This evening I was running through the storyline again with a guildmate and did something I normally don't do. As I approached the spot where Rama is standing (at the green star marker), I anchored my skiff with the 0 Key. After Rama went through his speech he attempted to board my boat and promptly fell into the water. I normally don't anchor the boat.

So I then tried to pick him up from the jetty without anchoring the skiff. I approached the spot on my skiff and just floated next to him. He went through his speech then boarded my boat and didn't fall into the water.

It appears that there is some sort of odd coding in that if you are anchored and can move around on the deck, then Rama in effect doesn't see the boat as belonging to you and although going through the actions he falls in the water and doesnt become part of the boat itself for movement purposes, if that makes sense?

Anyway, try approaching him on your skiff. Don't anchor up and see what happens.

Hope this helps.

That is really odd and interesting thanks.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1