Anet refuses to add measures to stop the Cheating and Bans those who report it responsibly

Jaising.7253

If you report a server or player name you get banned from the forums, If you mention the hacking tools they use you get banned from the forums, if you send video and screenshots and combat logs nothing happnes.

Every profession is using abilities they do not or should not have access to (solo play)  using invis hacks, (necros)  reduced ability hacks, speed hacks teleport hacks, ( necros without wurm )radar hacks, downed heal up and rez on your own,  imob hacking, damage hacks and anything else you can think of.  I already mentioned in my last post one of the key sites the cheats are getting all of this from and I got banned from forums and permanent warning.

Instead of pretending the cheating and hacking is happening punish and call out these cheats and ban all players for even visiting that site.

But Anet will keep on pretending nothing is wrong with WvW.

Its ok the only game mode I play is WvW and every other player I encounter is porting away when they are losing a fight and they can't even use any port ability, or they are self rezzing when downed, running faster than my mount or me with my superspeed up catching me every single time I try to escape.  If they want to escape I can't come near catching them.

WvW is horribly broken allowing anyone to use 3rd party cheats and nothing has been significantly done for years.

That's ok because I know that WvW is on its last legs, hardly anyone even shows up on reset nights and no one plays past 12am EST hardly ever.  Small groups not server wide.

So time to spend some money on something else the ship has finally sailed for GW2 wvw.

Go ahead and delete this post and ban, you already lost a good customer.

PS  You trolls and clowns that post get gud and there is no cheating its you, read all of the other players posts and keep failing hard.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

14 minutes ago, Jaising.7253 said:

If you report a server or player name you get banned from the forums, If you mention the hacking tools they use you get banned from the forums, if you send video and screenshots and combat logs nothing happnes.

Naming and shaming is against the forum rules.  Even if it is supported or true.  Those are the rules we agree to when we post here.  🤷

As far as anything happening, we won’t ever be told if it does happen.  There was a relatively recent mass ban in sPvP.  

Truth be told, more should happen.  But we, as players have two things we CAN do:  

1:  report and hope for the best, or,

2.  vote with your feet and leave.  

There really isn’t anything else we can do within the terms of our agreement.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

As previously mentioned naming and shaming is not allowed on forums for a variety of reasons. Doesn't matter if the person is hacking you don't need to post on forums about it. 

Also explaining what tools the hacker was using on a public forum only brings the tools attention to other potential hackers. It doesn't help to stop the hack. Might as well be free advertising for hacking.

Report or send a ticket and move on. 

The only people who need to know someone is hacking is Anet because they ultimately are the ones who can deal with it using proper methods. Posting on a forum for every individual case does nothing to solve the problem.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Best way is to use the in game reporting function - it shows Anet a lot more than what you can imagine. Take a screenshot (if able) of the person(s) you are reporting. (Don't worry the little report box doesn't appear in the screenshot for them)

Report / send / block the player and move on. Banning accounts due to hacking or whatever takes time, I know that it would be nice to be as quick as getting banned on the forums - but the forums has its own set of rules sooooo.....

• Like 1

I don't play much WvW and can't comment on a lot of the other issues or how prevalent cheating is, but to make you aware of one thing I have heard, a guy I know uses a perma/near perma stealth thief and just follows a random roamer around ressing them every time they get downed, often resulting in the roamer being yelling at/reported for hacking. So whilst a lot of these things may be a problem, someone seemingly ressing themselves is not necessarily cheating. 

Edited by Emberfoot.6847