Is the spirit of Snow Leopard neglected?

TheLadyOfTheRings.9148

Hi everyone.

Is it just me, or is Snow Leopard always neglected by ANet? I feel like Raven and Wolf are the most present ones, with main characters following these two spirits (e.g. Eir and Braham follow Wolf, Jhavi follows Raven); the main protectors of Hoelbrak are the Wolfborn; the Great Lodge Chair has a wolf and ravens on it; in The Icebrood Saga we have a mastery entirely dedicated to Raven (and I thought we would get 3 other masteries for the 3 other spirits, but sadly no...); then we have ceremonial armor sets for Raven and Bear. 

What about Snow Leopard?  Of all 4 great spirits, Snow Leopard is the one we see the least throughout the game, especially when playing the story. Or am I missing something? What do you think?

• Haha 1

Wolf gets such prominence because of Braham really, but Snow Leopard is canonically the "newest" of the four Great Spirits. Original plans for IBS had an extra 3-4 episodes, which likely would have given us the Wolf and Snow Leopard shaman armors, as well as more lore on all four Great Spirits rather than just Raven, though it's impossible to know for sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wolf, Bear, and Raven were the original three great spirits from GW1 with Bear being the most revered (as evident by all the Norn immediately taking Bear Form when in battle). Does that mean that Anet did not do justice by Snow Leopard? Can't say, we don't know how much of IBS would have focused on that spirit had Covid+layoffs not have happened.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Wolf, Bear, and Raven were the original three great spirits from GW1 with Bear being the most revered (as evident by all the Norn immediately taking Bear Form when in battle). Does that mean that Anet did not do justice by Snow Leopard? Can't say, we don't know how much of IBS would have focused on that spirit had Covid+layoffs not have happened.

Given Anet's use of three-parters for sub-stories in LWS3, 4, and seemingly IBS, I suspect the Norn/Spirit stuff was pretty much over by the time of Jormag Rising.

• LWS3 White Mantle plot(Out of Shadows, Head of the Snake, One Path Ends)
  • LWS3 Dragon plot(Rising Flames, Crack in the Ice, Flashpoint)
  • LWS4 Joko plot(Daybreak, Bug in the System, Long Live the Lich)
  • LWS4 Kralkatorrik plot(Star to Guide Us, All of Nothing, War Eternal)
  • IBS Charr plot(Bound By Blood, No Quarter, Jormag Rising)
  • IBS Norn plot(Whisper in the Dark, Shadow in the Ice, Jormag Rising)

The last 4 chapters of IBS we were originally going to get likely had a three parter for the Centaurs(5/6/7), with Chapter 8 being the big finale where both dragons die. That way we get three parters for each of the major northern species(Charr, Norn, Centaurs)

We still would have had Braham's story where he gets the guidance he needs to become Primordus' champion, but that would be about it.

Edited by Sajuuk Khar.1509