Please sell me on HoT

On 5/29/2022 at 1:16 PM, Vulture.9351 said:

Something just occurred to me. The trains I'm supposed to follow for the non-soloable HPs, won't they be riding skyscales?

Some will yes. So you can either get yours or already be at the HP you need when the train arrives to get it. 

On 5/29/2022 at 7:16 PM, Vulture.9351 said:

Something just occurred to me. The trains I'm supposed to follow for the non-soloable HPs, won't they be riding skyscales?

Maybe instead of trying to find new ""problems"" for yourself, just go ingame and see for yourself. People on this forum aren't responsible for random squads you'll find, nobody can tell you who will use what. Like with everything else: some will, some won't.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 5/27/2022 at 12:16 PM, Vulture.9351 said:

I want to complete the story but the idea of starting HoT content makes me want to uninstall. I read nothing but horror stories about it, even after the supposed nerfs.

Break bars, verticality, BS cc, increased aggro range, thick mob placement, pocket raptors, having to solo group content/HPs because it's old now or wait for a train, teleporting/invisible/both enemies, huge hits, etc.

I am not an elite player, I play alone, my gear is basic-kitten sub-1g Exotics off the AH like Shiro's Coat because I'm poor and everything before endiest-endgame is practically vendor trash, I'm not interesting is some optimal build or being forced to play a specific class/elite, I'm here for fun not another job, only mount is a raptor that I got because the benefit outweighed the spoilers, etc

Even if you don't play any of the heart of thorns maps, the elite specs from that expansion are a lot of fun (more fun than the recent expansion in my opinion where they made everything kind of... Bland?)

Reaper sounds like something you'd have a lot of fun with and you don't need expensive gear and you can pretty much close your eyes and pick two other traitlines at random to find some success with it.