Map completionists - what were the most annoying things to get?

2 hours ago, MrGarlic.1834 said:

Some of the hero points in Orr are a pain, especially the one patrolled by a champion.

The stealthy charr heart is not too hard. There are 2 flags behind the tents and if you sneak passed one guard when he disappears, you can alternate between the 2 flags without risk. But you will need to wait for them to respawn, which thankfully isn't too bad. But it is the easiest way.

I do this too, the 2 flags at the top. Takes several minutes to complete.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

Any maps with poi hidden behind metas or masteries.. thats an instant "i'm not gonna bother" for me these days.. I'll never complete IBS maps.

I hate these so much. One in the Great Hall in Istan was a huge pain in the bum, in the end I got it in most of my chars by getting a friend to go there once I helped with all the pres, then just tped to friends a crudton. Sucks to be leech but otherwise it would have taken months. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, mike.6957 said:

I found a work around for this one.   Once you stealth, go around the other way.  Make sure to stay close to the wall and keep quickness up.  You can make it to the end.  Takes about three times of this to complete.

I just get to the first flag and semi-afk camp it for 10 minutes. The flags have a 1 minute  respawn timer and give 10% task progress.

Assuming you mean all maps and not just core Tyria, I'd say HoT in general. Nothing more aggravating than needing masteries to keep yourself normal or to reach any spots, or having to do PoF mount masteries so you can get to some places faster than grinding for a specific mastery.

I went through 5 characters, only 1 is actually fully done and 2 are almost done and 2 more just did the bare minimum for HPs in order to unlock a specific specialization to full and only recently got enough masteries done to fully explore the map.

Even PoF didn't have this problem, not because of how fast you can max mount stuff, but because it's not that difficult to reach certain places with couple of upgrades that are mostly story mandatory to be done with.

Already played IB and about to redo it as my first one to fully explore it, so let's hope the same issue doesn't happen.

If perchance you actually meant only central Tyria, basically any HP that's protected behind a champion or commune ones/POI locked behind metas.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1