Question about Specter Shroud, Core Necro Shroud, and Reaper Shroud

When these classes are using their shroud, their shroud takes the damage instead of their health bar.

What happens when the damage is greater than the shroud "health" amount?

Like if I hit one of them with a 9k gunflame when they have shroud on,  and they only have 2k shroud health, does the other 7k hit their health-bar or does it just get negated?

My memory tells me that the damage would apply to the health-bar, the remainder.

But, when I shot at some specters with low shroud health,  they don't take the damage other than what hit shroud.

Is there a bug?

They would cast shroud up when low health and my killshots would be....damage into the void.

Haven't noticed this with Necros, but I  could be wrong.

A few others I play with mentioned this too, and I was looking for it specifically.

Edited by Crab Fear.8623

Before a certain patch, necro shroud would take the full damage and put back half of the lost damage as shroud back, some spaghetti code magic idk don't ask and if the attack dropped the shroud it would not touch the HP. 

After the patch the shroud has flat damage reduction and acts as extra HP so if you get hit by 9k attack it will become 4500 attack and if the shroud is 1k the HP damage would be 3500.

As for specter I'm not sure how it works, seems like it should work exactly as the new necro shroud , but there is chance that Anet devs might have not talked to each other AGAIN and the specter shroud might work like the old necro shroud.

There is some some nonsense going there since the specter shroud isn't shown as extra HP, while Harbinger shows as HP but it isn't, , should probably switch the two visuals, just by that you can see there is some laziness going on there and with that bugs. 

men i remembered an old video where some ranger oneshoted me (its over 3 years old)

you see me on round about 60-70% hp on full marauder gear and 55% shroud.

should be around 15-19 k hp and 10 k llifeforce (in sum 25-29 k hp). in theory necro shroud would reduce showed dmg by 50%.

but the 33k dmg hit (that should get halfed to 16.5 k dmg) killed me instantly. at least somehow the hit that kicks you out of shroud doesnt reduce incoming dmg. idk if it blocks some dmg or just calculate the full dmg after shroud exit to your hp bar. the hit was just to hard xD

You can see the oneshot vs me at 4:33 in video. maybe it helps you to get an answer 🙂

23 minutes ago, Zero.3871 said:

men i remembered an old video where some ranger oneshoted me (its over 3 years old)

you see me on round about 60-70% hp on full marauder gear and 55% shroud.

should be around 15-19 k hp and 10 k llifeforce (in sum 25-29 k hp). in theory necro shroud would reduce showed dmg by 50%.

but the 33k dmg hit (that should get halfed to 16.5 k dmg) killed me instantly. at least somehow the hit that kicks you out of shroud doesnt reduce incoming dmg. idk if it blocks some dmg or just calculate the full dmg after shroud exit to your hp bar. the hit was just to hard xD

You can see the oneshot vs me at 4:33 in video. maybe it helps you to get an answer 🙂

It doesn't seem to happen with necros.

But, I'll test with the specter from my side.

Haven't really played it, but a few times against it.

For necro: the attack that kicks you out of shroud has no damage reduction.

Examples for PvP (50% damage reduction):

1. You have 10k LF in shroud and are hit with 8k damage. This damage is reduced to 4k. You have 6k LF in shroud left.

2. You have 10k LF in shroud and are hit with 12k damage. This damage is not reduced, you lose that 10k LF, are kicked out of shroud and lose an additional 2k health.

This weird mechanic is the reason why shrouded necros can still be oneshot in certain scenarios.

Edited by KrHome.1920
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1