Guard or Reve? Which class is better full(or almost) Trailblazer for PVE and WVW

China.5268

Both share heavy armor, so you could swap gear if your experience doesn't match what you were waiting.

Last year I would said TB Hearld (or even Renegade) due tormenting runes were extremely strong mixing damage and sustain, and condi Firebrand was more slanted towards the use of Balthazar or Fireworks runes.

After the nerfs I run condi Renegade with a mix of TB and Viper, plus Nightmare runes in both PvE and roaming, or a hybrid Herald in full celestial + Antitoxin runes in PvE, PvP and WvW roaming. That build doesn't rely mostly in torment as much as in proccing Invoking Torment + Diabolic Inferno + sigils of Doom and Hydromancy. Doesn't stack 40+ torment but mixes a lot of conditions (torment + burns + venom + chill which also procs more torment) and a decent share of physical damage. Fairly durable.

Burn Trailblazer Firebrand is very fun and strong in PvE, has more tools but is more frail than condi Revs. The Willbender does massive damage in condi builds, plus has a fast pace and good defensive stats. In WvW WB can work well in TB, but for Firebrand celestial is a better choice in stats and more balanced, due a single condition even proccing it oftenly can be easy to counter by some builds.

So, my answer: If you want to run Trailblazer in PvE and WvW I would use either a Renegade or a Willbender, and ditch the expensive Tormenting runes for NM or Balthazar.

If I had to run a Herald or a Firebrand I would run instead celestial stats. Fireworks runes for FB and a wide variety of choices for Herald.

So chose which spec you like to play the most, and gear itr acordingly.

• Like 2

the answer is simple.... altho the answer does not include trailblazer, because for renegade.... Celestial is the better trailblazer, as you are naturally sitting at 25 might.

Celestial Renegade. INSANE DPS for pve and its a absolute monster in WvW. Thank me later. 😃

The extra boonduration from Cele will let you upkeep the 25 might almost permanently... All of a sudden you have the same Condidamage and duration as Trailblazer, while having same ferocity and Power as a marauderbuild... Celestial Renegod is truely insane and the onlything you need for both modes.

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Renegade_-_Shortbow_Shiro_Roamer

I run rune of speed or rune of antitoxin.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Buran.3796 said:

Both share heavy armor, so you could swap gear if your experience doesn't match what you were waiting.

Last year I would said TB Hearld (or even Renegade) due tormenting runes were extremely strong mixing damage and sustain, and condi Firebrand was more slanted towards the use of Balthazar or Fireworks runes.

After the nerfs I run condi Renegade with a mix of TB and Viper, plus Nightmare runes in both PvE and roaming, or a hybrid Herald in full celestial + Antitoxin runes in PvE, PvP and WvW roaming. That build doesn't rely mostly in torment as much as in proccing Invoking Torment + Diabolic Inferno + sigils of Doom and Hydromancy. Doesn't stack 40+ torment but mixes a lot of conditions (torment + burns + venom + chill which also procs more torment) and a decent share of physical damage. Fairly durable.

Burn Trailblazer Firebrand is very fun and strong in PvE, has more tools but is more frail than condi Revs. The Willbender does massive damage in condi builds, plus has a fast pace and good defensive stats. In WvW WB can work well in TB, but for Firebrand celestial is a better choice in stats and more balanced, due a single condition even proccing it oftenly can be easy to counter by some builds.

So, my answer: If you want to run Trailblazer in PvE and WvW I would use either a Renegade or a Willbender, and ditch the expensive Tormenting runes for NM or Balthazar.

If I had to run a Herald or a Firebrand I would run instead celestial stats. Fireworks runes for FB and a wide variety of choices for Herald.

So chose which spec you like to play the most, and gear itr acordingly.

For reve i have both spec herald and renegade but wvw i run the the shiro/dwarf celestial build, for guard would be firebrand coz i didnt like wildbander. I'll prolly run torm rune for reve and baltha rune for fbrand. 

From what i've learned so far reve has much more sustain than guard and the mechanics are a lil more complicated(energy menagement) and guard mechas are easier and has more dmg. I use exo gears coz ascend are way too complicated to get...

10 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

How come trailblazer specifically? This the ascended set you only have? Or think that solo builds only use it? 

As above post mentioned there are several builds with these 2 proffessions which work better with cele.

Hmm i'll check abt that later...

4 hours ago, China.5268 said:

. I use exo gears coz ascend are way too complicated to get...

Remember also that ascended armor and weapon stats can be changed using exotic insignias/inscriptions for a reduced cost compared to having to craft the ascended gear again. I would also encourage you to make the mid term goal of crafting a legendary armor (from PvP/WvW/PvE or a mix of them), since is by far the best quality of life item you can craft in the game.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stat_changing

I think there are still not many if any build out there that outperform trailblazer tormenting rune Herald in open world solo power. Tormenting rune sustain was nerfed but Herald with glint is crazy tanky by himself. 

It did fall off in wvw roaming though. Torment change hit the dmg output. And tormenting runes were borderline broken before nerf against 3-5 enemies. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Cuks.8241 said:

I think there are still not many if any build out there that outperform trailblazer tormenting rune Herald in open world solo power. Tormenting rune sustain was nerfed but Herald with glint is crazy tanky by himself. 

It did fall off in wvw roaming though. Torment change hit the dmg output. And tormenting runes were borderline broken before nerf against 3-5 enemies. 

Trailblazer + Tormenting in the typical Glint + Malllyx build was (is) brutal in terms of damage at PvE, but the nerfs hit the sustain, specially at WvW (the reason scaled so well in 1 vs n was due the most targets, the most torment you proc and the most heals you got). And in PvE was easy to stack 40-50 torment on a target.

But now I think that celestial works better (specially at WvW) in Glint + Shiro builds (based on procs at legend & weapon swaps), due you have more mobility, more even condition pressure (the stacks of torment aren't as high, but you add poison and you don't need to pay the high upcost of Embrace the Darkness to make your procs, swapping weapons and legends is free!).

Currently using those two at PvE/WvW roaming and in PvP:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmABkex7lxQKsO6ixRYMPyiRSiMCqgjqUX7F-zVRYVxXIZQeHSkiqOlCdoAk8JQcFAYO8A-w

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmABkex7lxQKsO6ixRYMPyiRSiMCqgjqUX7F-zZxsQisCyMB6NE8aA

While in combat you essentially have perma migth, so physical damage is also strong. The basic stats (~25K HP, 3K armor, ~1300 condi damage, ~45% crit chance under fury and ~170 crit damage) are very good. It takes me roughly the same 23 seconds to kill a veteran Bristleback from WvW's  Desert Borderland with this build as with  my Trailblazer + Viper roaming Renegade, but feels tankier. Is not as fast as with my Trailblazer Willbender (~14 seconds) but that one feels more like a glass cannon: despite the high HP and armor if you don't finish fast a foe has troubles when the fight last long and experiences pressure. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Buran.3796 said:

Trailblazer + Tormenting in the typical Glint + Malllyx build was (is) brutal in terms of damage at PvE, but the nerfs hit the sustain, specially at WvW (the reason scaled so well in 1 vs n was due the most targets, the most torment you proc and the most heals you got). And in PvE was easy to stack 40-50 torment on a target.

But now I think that celestial works better (specially at WvW) in Glint + Shiro builds (based on procs at legend & weapon swaps), due you have more mobility, more even condition pressure (the stacks of torment aren't as high, but you add poison and you don't need to pay the high upcost of Embrace the Darkness to make your procs, swapping weapons and legends is free!).

Currently using those two at PvE/WvW roaming and in PvP:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmABkex7lxQKsO6ixRYMPyiRSiMCqgjqUX7F-zVRYVxXIZQeHSkiqOlCdoAk8JQcFAYO8A-w

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmABkex7lxQKsO6ixRYMPyiRSiMCqgjqUX7F-zZxsQisCyMB6NE8aA

While in combat you essentially have perma migth, so physical damage is also strong. The basic stats (~25K HP, 3K armor, ~1300 condi damage, ~45% crit chance under fury and ~170 crit damage) are very good. It takes me roughly the same 23 seconds to kill a veteran Bristleback from WvW's  Desert Borderland with this build as with  my Trailblazer + Viper roaming Renegade, but feels tankier. Is not as fast as with my Trailblazer Willbender (~14 seconds) but that one feels more like a glass cannon: despite the high HP and armor if you don't finish fast a foe has troubles when the fight last long and experiences pressure. 

Speaking strictly PVE here. While I still use it in WvW sometimes, I just do it because I have it and just swiftly switch to it if I see that the situations might be favourable. 

Where I think trailblazer Herald with Glint/Malyx outshines pretty much anything in owpve is that on top of its top tier soloing power it has insane AOE potential. Everything you do spits out either torment or burning in AOE. And it has an AOE pull in Malyx. Plenty of CC. And while you cant match the mobility of Shiro (not much can) you're still quite mobile with perma swiftness, super speed with Glint ult and axe 4 for that quick reposition.

Its the build I used for the hardest story or other soloable pve achives. And generally you barely break a sweat. The pull makes a bit difference. Its just so nice to clump everything together, makes up for a lot of time and a few achives rely on mob repositioning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Cuks.8241 said:

Tormenting rune sustain was nerfed but Herald with glint is crazy tanky by himself.

If i am not mistake the nerf was only pvp, pve still is the same, and yes i know very well the sustain of tormeting rune + glint + malyx hehe xD.

Guard doesnt even need traiblazer gear because its only condition can be maximized with traits, sigils and bathazar rune which fix the problem of low HP typical of guardian. Soy you can wear dire or carrion stars, super cheap.

This isnt the case with reve because relies in diferent types of conditions.

Edited by Axelteas.7192

On 6/11/2022 at 5:33 PM, taara.3217 said:

PVE too

Well i quit the game for a couple years so the nerf pve prolly happen when i was out xD.

On 6/11/2022 at 7:06 PM, Axelteas.7192 said:

Guard doesnt even need traiblazer gear because its only condition can be maximized with traits, sigils and bathazar rune which fix the problem of low HP typical of guardian. Soy you can wear dire or carrion stars, super cheap.

This isnt the case with reve because relies in diferent types of conditions.

I use viper pve with baltha runes...