Season 3 Worth It?

Tchuvan.4251

On 6/11/2022 at 8:38 PM, Tchuvan.4251 said:

I just finished HoT. Honestly, I almost quit.  It was so frustrating to play. The difficulty level was thru the roof compared to prior content.  Is Season 3 just as difficult, or is it more reasonable content?  Is it worth it for the storyline?

I didn't like most parts of the storyline, to be honest. But the maps are interesting, and the rewards (ascended trinkets for map currency) are worth it for everyone who doesn't own the legendaries.

The post-HoT difficulty varies. There are definitely a couple of story missions that are harder than HoT's.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1

If you care about the story then all the living world seasons are very important and definitely worth it.

As far as difficulty goes you're pretty much out of the woods on that one.
HoT is by far the hardest of them although the fault of that is more to do with how outdated the older content is.

The core world and the first two living world seasons just don't prepare you for the difficulty spike that HoT dumps on you.

This is something Anet really need to go back and fix one day, preferably before they release this game on steam.

After all first impressions really do matter and that old content is always going to be the first thing new players will experience so if it doesn't do a good enough job of making them want to stay then it doesn't matter how good Gw2 gets.. a good chunk of people will just say "GW2 sucks" and will quit before they ever get to the good parts.

Edited by Teratus.2859
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Aodlop.1907 said:

It depends. If it's telegraphed with good animations, fine. If it's instant and unavoidable then sure, it's terrible.

I can agree with that (mostly). Though I think there are occasional cases where it's so many mobs spamming something at you all at once that even if it's telegraphed, it becomes an unrealistic expectation for you to avoid it all. Impossible, maybe not, but going into sensory overload territory quickly. I do wonder how people who enjoy high stimulation feel about that kind of thing. I'm better at focusing my attention in a more narrowed way, so like, 1 mob with telegraphs, I can usually do well. 5-10 across the battlefield in different places with punishing telegraphs, it's just overstimulating. But your experience may differ, idk.

• Like 2

On 6/12/2022 at 2:51 AM, Tchuvan.4251 said:

Yeah, heard the pocket raptors were somehow worse at launch.

Pre-nerf pocket raptors.... (goes cries in a corner from pocket raptor induced trauma)

Yes, they were EVIL!! EVIL I TELL YOU!

Back to the topic tho. Yes Season 3 is worth getting. Aye some of the story is annoying if you're the type to want to skip dialogue, but the variety of maps in the season is great, the story as a whole is solid and covers several very important plot beats. The Ancent Magics mastery track grants you a useful additional downed skill, and you gain access to some of the easiest to farm sources of ascended trinkets/backpacks in the game (the masteries gain some return usage in Season 4 at one point as well so they're not isolated to the one season). Not to mention you gain access to part of the achievements for the free legendary amulet as well.

Definitely get it, it's worth the cash/gold whichever way you get the gems. It's literally like a mini expansion between the actual ones 🙂

On 6/13/2022 at 3:04 PM, Alaia Skyhawk.5064 said:

The Ancent Magics mastery track grants you a useful additional downed skill, and you gain access to some of the easiest to farm sources of ascended trinkets/backpacks in the game (the masteries gain some return usage in Season 4 at one point as well so they're not isolated to the one season).

Channeled Agony has revived me countless times. If you can target a trash mob before use, it'll often completely kill it.

Through the Return achievements, having season three (in addition to the rest of the LW) gives access to a relatively easy legendary amulet. Technically, you can get the 32 slot bag without season three, but you'll have to have 2, 4 and 5 to do so.

• Like 1