Necros Will Thank You For Nerfing Them

Svarty.8019

sadly, it finally seems that power reaper really cant be viable. still lack of stability for such a slow, short distance attacking class. no mobility, no blocks.

if i see weaver have 28k hits, deadeyes 20k+ death judgement, mesmers 20k+ shatter. where in this world is a place for reaper next to this one shoot gods? what value have a 15k reaper shroud when you get those hits?

RIP Reaper, will never forget my years with you.

salute_____ o7

@HansBRZ.3284 said:I thank Anet for forcing me to play another classes, thus getting me out of my addiction for the Fun I was having with my Reaper.

Thanx for the Nerf, Sir. May I have another one, pls?

That's because your group comp is bad. Necro is one of the most damaging specs on WvW, specially power reaper right now but your squad has to support it.If I'm not mistaken those guys are form SF:

@Lunarlife.5128 said:At least they're working on it. Oh, well, at least we hope they're working on it not waiting another four months for changes ;)

To be fair ... we DO know their timetables for these changes ... in otherwords, we aren't going to get a nice shiny new necro class in 2 months from now. Still lots of things about this class that are unsatisfying and if I were to venture a guess, it's going to be at least 2 more balance patch cycles before it's resembling something more satisfactory.

@Raven.1524 said:

@HansBRZ.3284 said:I thank Anet for forcing me to play another classes, thus getting me out of my addiction for the Fun I was having with my Reaper.

Thanx for the Nerf, Sir. May I have another one, pls?

That's because your group comp is bad. Necro is one of the most damaging specs on WvW, specially power reaper right now but your squad has to support it.If I'm not mistaken those guys are form SF:

whatever it is or whenever they are from fact is taht is a small scale fight, every class can be used as DPS in a small scale fight with an organized group. Now go take this build into a standard wvw fight of 50vs50 and show me the result, i will wait the next video. To be more clear, Condi Reaper was doing that job, and without being OP, maybe strong but not OP, so i if can understand a nerf on deahtly chill to reduce the necro aoe dps i could not agree at all with the shroud decay increase, that was indeed to much.

The changes in the last patch where pointless and useless, overall huge nerf instead of a buff. To get into detail:

Why nerf deathly chill in WvW? This makes no sense, with PoF and the new specs the overall powercreep has gotten stronger for the most part, i cant see a justification here, it was not too strong and it enabled builds. A straight up unneccesary nerf to build variety.

Desert Shroud or overall scourge changes are bullshit. No DPS, no meaningfull support, leaving the new espec dead for at least another 4 - 5 months untill the next balance patch hits. This was presented as the condi damage and support spec, we dont deal good dps, we dont support good. All that while we loose shroud, the ever lasting excuse for not having proper dps or team support. Now there is no shroud, no support and no damage. GG.

Reaper changes where a huge nerf in the long run. These changes are a straight up nerf in WvW and PvP. You loose a lot of shroud uptime, while still having no meaningfull ways to generate lifeforce, and no meaningfull way to stick to your target to get the damage done. Yeah, the damage is a bit higher now, but if you cant properly land it, in the meta play, it could be doubled and it would not matter, leaving the spec with nothing but a nerf. For the DPS part in PvE here it does not matter, the damage is still vastly subpar compared to other classes. The condi nerf on soul spiral also finished off condi reaper in PvE/raids for good, leaving necromancer currently without any viable raid build.

The trait changes: Awaken the Pain, is actually a good idea, thematic wise. But it should not decrease the condi damage per might at all, it should BUFF it, to maybe open up some options to pick this traitline with a condi build. There is really no reason to not do this, given the overall low power level or necro across the board.

Unholy Martyr is nice, in combination with Plague Sending very decent. Although plague sending was more reliable before, as even under heavy prsssure you would get that condi clear in certain intervalls, now you have to hope that shroud is ready and lifeforce is there to get use out of it - given the nerfs on reaper this was a huge nerf.

Signets of Suffering is way too niche and weak. A grandmaster trait that focuses on only one utility type is always a bad idea. The Signets dont synergize with each other, there is no build that will pick more then one at a time, leaving this trait pretty useless. Besides the increase to these signets arent very powerfull to begin with. Add something here that benefits the class as a whole, in the current iteration nobody will use it as its too niche.

@Brujeria.7536 said:Signets of Suffering is way too niche and weak.

In a surprising moment of openness, Robert Gee even said as much.

@Robert Gee.9246 said:

• Signets of Suffering - This trait update came along with some other signet updates (guardian and thief) and I agree that this one kinda missed the mark. (If we have time in a future update I'd like to revisit it.) However, I think the main problem here is that utility and weapon traits on the grandmaster tier generally feel lacking, due to how they lock you into a particular skillset rather than encouraging a more general method of playing. This would probably feel pretty good as an adept or master level trait, but as a grandmaster it lacks the punch to be build defining.

@Brujeria.7536 said:The changes in the last patch where pointless and useless, overall huge nerf instead of a buff. To get into detail:

Why nerf deathly chill in WvW? This makes no sense, with PoF and the new specs the overall powercreep has gotten stronger for the most part, i cant see a justification here, it was not too strong and it enabled builds. A straight up unneccesary nerf to build variety.

Desert Shroud or overall scourge changes are kitten. No DPS, no meaningfull support, leaving the new espec dead for at least another 4 - 5 months untill the next balance patch hits. This was presented as the condi damage and support spec, we dont deal good dps, we dont support good. All that while we loose shroud, the ever lasting excuse for not having proper dps or team support. Now there is no shroud, no support and no damage. GG.

Reaper changes where a huge nerf in the long run. These changes are a straight up nerf in WvW and PvP. You loose a lot of shroud uptime, while still having no meaningfull ways to generate lifeforce, and no meaningfull way to stick to your target to get the damage done. Yeah, the damage is a bit higher now, but if you cant properly land it, in the meta play, it could be doubled and it would not matter, leaving the spec with nothing but a nerf. For the DPS part in PvE here it does not matter, the damage is still vastly subpar compared to other classes. The condi nerf on soul spiral also finished off condi reaper in PvE/raids for good, leaving necromancer currently without any viable raid build.

The trait changes: Awaken the Pain, is actually a good idea, thematic wise. But it should not decrease the condi damage per might at all, it should BUFF it, to maybe open up some options to pick this traitline with a condi build. There is really no reason to not do this, given the overall low power level or necro across the board.

Unholy Martyr is nice, in combination with Plague Sending very decent. Although plague sending was more reliable before, as even under heavy prsssure you would get that condi clear in certain intervalls, now you have to hope that shroud is ready and lifeforce is there to get use out of it - given the nerfs on reaper this was a huge nerf.

Signets of Suffering is way too niche and weak. A grandmaster trait that focuses on only one utility type is always a bad idea. The Signets dont synergize with each other, there is no build that will pick more then one at a time, leaving this trait pretty useless. Besides the increase to these signets arent very powerfull to begin with. Add something here that benefits the class as a whole, in the current iteration nobody will use it as its too niche.

/bow

i would vote for you as next Necromacner Dev

@Brujeria.7536 said:The changes in the last patch where pointless and useless, overall huge nerf instead of a buff. To get into detail:

Desert Shroud or overall scourge changes are kitten. No DPS, no meaningfull support, leaving the new espec dead for at least another 4 - 5 months untill the next balance patch hits. This was presented as the condi damage and support spec, we dont deal good dps, we dont support good. All that while we loose shroud, the ever lasting excuse for not having proper dps or team support. Now there is no shroud, no support and no damage. GG.

Spot on!

This guy gets it.

@Nimon.7840 said:

it works as intended, so basically do not work, but that is exactly how it was intended to work (or not work) well i am kinda confused about can't tell, but looking at Anet i am not the only one confused.. for sure!

I dont even know if they know what they do. Before they do it.It feels like they dont test their changes before releasing them.That patch feels more like: ok now that we balanced other classes we have 10 minutes left before the balance patch to change necro. So lers just do something that it doesnt look like as if we forgot to balance necro

Thief would like a word...

I played condi Reaper for about a year. I liked that a lot and thought Scourge might be a great next step, but I didn't like the turret gameplay with PoF's more mobile enemies. Tonight, I swapped to a Berserker build. Life Force does drain surprisingly quickly in Shroud, but a 66% increase in drain rate will do that. I'd like to see it reverted and studied to determine if Reaper is unbalanced without the change. Outside of that, I enjoy the gameplay more than Condi and expect I'll stick to this build for the foreseeable future.

It's really unfortunate we have to now wait close to 3 months for another update. I personally am enjoying scourge but I guess it's mainly due to me primarily focusing on the PvP side of things at the moment and the fact that I possibly got myself burnt out from play reaper from so long. I just feel it's a shame that ANET was so close to making reaper great again but had to stick a massive nerf ontop of the buff to only make reaper that much worst outside of PvE. It really sucks..

@mulzi.8273 said:If they keep the drain at this 5% value, they need to lower the CD on shroud, somewhere baseline in the reaper tree trait tree. Then either tweak some shroud skills, like Spiral to either generate more LF and/or transfer conditions. Having Shroud 3, in additional to stab, pulse resistance or LF generation wouldnt be a bad idea either.

Changing the one that applies chill on fear would be good. Sice this is even more hindering than being usefull. If i fear someone, i want him to get away from me.In reapershroud i fear an enemy, and he just walks one step away instead of maybe 3.

And shroud 3 being a stunbreak would be nice as well

• 2 weeks later...

@Nimon.7840 said:

@mulzi.8273 said:If they keep the drain at this 5% value, they need to lower the CD on shroud, somewhere baseline in the reaper tree trait tree. Then either tweak some shroud skills, like Spiral to either generate more LF and/or transfer conditions. Having Shroud 3, in additional to stab, pulse resistance or LF generation wouldnt be a bad idea either.

Changing the one that applies chill on fear would be good. Sice this is even more hindering than being usefull. If i fear someone, i want him to get away from me.In reapershroud i fear an enemy, and he just walks one step away instead of maybe 3.

And shroud 3 being a stunbreak would be nice as well

what you discuss here are nice changes, but everything will be useless since the 5% decay won't allow you to benefit from the changes

Archived