So anet is expanding the access to boons and making everyone more tanky (health and defense free bonus) next update. What's your opnion?

LordHT.8297

It's hard to say at this point. It is fairly obvious that the "benchmark dps" people in instanced PvE are unhappy with everything. For WvW it feels far more like there is some good stuff and some bad stuff.

I think the bad stuff is part of that overarching problem: That things trickle in from a "benchmark dps" world that has no fundamental place in GW2's combat system. Even with skillsplits we still see those issues trickle in. While the skillsplits or larger changes that were specifically made for WvW were not necessarily bad. They could obviously have been better, even if kept simpler, had more time and attention been spent on balance for WvW overall, however that may still not have satisfied some people.

If we just use the Ranger as single example, the changes to astral traits and management looks good but stance-sharing is still kept in a pre-nerfed state even though that is one rather simple way- and a good candidate to unlock diversity in composition surrounding boon/condition-oriented mechanics. That sums up the patch pretty well for me. I don't think it will make things worse, I just think it doesn't make things as much better as people were hoping to and I think some people's hopes are impossible to meet. Some people here seem to not be satisfied until Rangers can LB2 through pre-organised groups, without having to use unreflectables or flanking, until LB4 always connects to control or until they can just stand in towers with LB5 🙂 .

I think the topic is rather exhausted for most sensible people: That boons should be more like in vanilla for WvW, which means a combination of higher uptimes and higher cooldowns with fewer passive triggers. Things should be reliable when put up, but not reapplicable when taken down. The same would go for everything related from condi, to strips and cleanses. The spam and volatility is the issue, not the (effect-counter) balance. Again, that's sensible. People who think that guilds or boons shouldn't exist, that organisation shouldn't matter, that camping siege should be an easy bag farm or that we should live in a crowd-control hell where only ranged damage, stealth-teleporting ambushes and berserker stats exists are clearly lunatics ☺️.

Edited by subversiontwo.7501
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, LetoII.3782 said:

The pulsing protection on guardian just made me roll my eyes. Is the only button we're supposed to actively push stability?

Pretty sure they'll fix that problem too sooner or later. Having to press buttons for perma stab that is.

On 6/23/2022 at 2:24 AM, Tiagoht.7549 said:

Is anyone happy with the boom blobing meta getting this giant incentive?

stop lying in your own pockets btw. ppl play random and spvp and gankerbuilds, the most uneffective stuff to 5v1 things and then cry about boonblobs

while the sentence in your title is accurate. everything gets more tanky, but that means glasscannon roamers, bulky conditank roamers and random meme / trollbuilds plus kite dps stuff gets buffed again and for mid size groups it gets worse and worse

ofc a strong blob is strong, stays strong... but the medicore blobs gain a lot from these changes. free sustain for everything that was yet in a problematic spot is surely questionable.

@UmbraNoctis.1907 guard has no permastab in reality and strips exist u know

also once again u slept on things - permastab on flamethrower engi is sadly still existing. overall, that this update had no dps engi nerfs is quite weird

Edited by kamikharzeeh.8016