THIEF: There is no longer a trait that reduces Deception skill cooldown

dougalkeane.4601

Please bring back some sort of trait effect that reduces Deception Skill cooldowns. Why did you take that away? 120 seconds for Thieves' Guild is insane and makes it almost useless in any game mode. That cooldown reduction made helped so much. Please bring that back, doesnt have to be in that same trait slot, just please bring it back. 

• Like 16
  • Confused 1

I would also like to note that stealth being removed from Healing and using Steal (from Hidden Thief) is also not good for any thief not running dagger/pistol (which I'm tired of running sometimes).

Honestly I liked most of the changes they made but there are oversights that need to be addressed including what you said.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Serephen.3420 said:

Welcome to the Ele elites club 😉

Granted that thiefs now have a shroud and that necromancer lack a trait with CD reduction for both spectral and well skills... I think it's more accurate to say: "welcome to the necro elites club".

All in all, most elite skills are held back by absurdly long CD and poor usefulness, no matter which profession.

Edited by Dadnir.5038
  • Like 1

On 6/28/2022 at 4:33 PM, Arolandis.8360 said:

I would also like to note that stealth being removed from Healing and using Steal (from Hidden Thief) is also not good for any thief not running dagger/pistol (which I'm tired of running sometimes).

Honestly I liked most of the changes they made but there are oversights that need to be addressed including what you said.

Blind on steal is pretty powerful for non-dp builds. Offhand dagger for example. Shadow arts increasing stealth durations and rewarding players for lingering in stealth promoted a toxic playstyle. They found a way of reducing stealth by rewarding players for exiting it faster. On some builds this made them incredibly strong like using the initiative gain on exiting/exiting stealth. With the increased initiative costs of weapons and the lowered damage on thief that's occured over time, this helps a ton.

There was a lot of bad changes to classes in this recent patch, and while there was a couple on thief I can't stand behind, overall I do think the stealth specific changes was good for the game.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/4/2022 at 9:06 AM, Antycypator.9874 said:

You have a lot of sustain in Shadow Arts traits now, why would you use Thieves Guild anyway? Daggerstorm does much better job.

-What has to do sustain with Thieves Guild. 

-Daggerstorm does better in some situations and worst in others.

-As a core thief now we have only 2 usable elite skills, that kills build diversity. The question should be 'Why anet nerfed an entire utility skill line that did not break the game nor wasn't op'.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1