Skimmer vs Skiff

20 minutes ago, Zeivu.3615 said:

Why didn't they incorporate that into one of the fishing masteries?

It's probably because they wanted people to use the skiff as much as possible, because it's a new thing.

If you could fish from the Skimmer, the skiff would be used less.

• Like 2

Haven't maxed the skiff, so can't really make a judgement, but for now, I feel like you're better off using Skimmer if you're in a hurry.

Skiff is more if you're bringing friends somewhere and just want to chat during the slower trip.

Edited by JayHog.3280
  • Like 1

On 7/2/2022 at 2:16 AM, Rasimir.6239 said:

Thanks for the tip, I'll check that one out!

What actually made the skimmer useable for me was the turtle (shell surfer) skin. I avoided the skimmer at all costs before that (I remember one day early into PoF, I tried to rush a new character across Cursed Shore on the water side ... it made me so sick I had to lie down for two hours afterwards 😉 ), but ever since I got my turtle the skimmer is actually ok as long as I stay on water. That speed change when you hit anything the game considers dry land is brutal.

As a fellow motion sickness sufferer, I'll ask if you've gone into the camera controls to get a big zoom out and wider fov.  Sure it makes precision jumping very difficult but the stomach stays settled while roaming the world.  (At least for me.  Motion sickness triggers can vary greatly between players).

I will also point you at a product that I was deeply skeptical about but has proven amazingly effective:  not a specific brand, I'm not shilling or promoting particular companies, but the idea of a plastic bead that is held snugly pressed into a spot on your inner wrist via bracelet, elastic band, or strap.  They're very cheap so it costs little to try.  They are marketed for sea sickness, morning sickness, etc, but they work with gaming monitor motion sickness as well.  My first guild rp in Gilded Hollow after getting them, I suddenly realized about 40 minutes in that the flowing water in the tavern hadn't bothered me in the slightest.  A first!  (Note:  your wrist size may affect this.  I have skinny 6" wrists and the elastic band ones I've tried are super snug).

• Like 2
  • Sad 1