It's time to rework Adrenaline decay again

Mikali.9651

It's 2022, and current Adrenaline decay is not on pair with modern gameplay.

It sadness me when I use Adrenaline Mushroom just to lose it all because I am not in combat. It's not nice when one loses all adrenaline before getting to the next mob group that is a few meters away.

I would actually remove adrenaline decay, and let adrenaline be lost just on a map change.

Or if you really want to have adrenaline decay, let it start after 30 seconds or so.

• Like 5

I had a suggestion in another thread that has since been buried at this point. This would really modernize the mechanic to current gameplay standards

Turn all the Core Bursts into Ammo skills. Make all the Adrenaline granting traits/skills instead recharge 1-3 Burst ammo as appropriate. Furious recharges 1 ammo on a critical hit with a 3s CD. Axe Mastery is 1 ammo on a critical hit with an Axe on a 2s CD (keeps the Power Berserker rotation about the same). CI grants 1 ammo when struck on a 5s CD. Signet of Rage decreases the base recharge of burst skills by 25% (this counts for DS/DT for BSW). Basically anything that grants 1-5 adrenaline conditionally, let it grant 1 burst ammo on a small CD. If it grants 10-30 Ammo, then let it grant 1-3 charges with no other changes.

They start on full charge. Using a Burst consumes all charges (like pistol 5) and recharge at a rate of 3s per ammo (9s for a full T3).

Spellbreaker only gets 1 ammo. FC counts as 1 Ammo. 

Berserk Mode is 3 Ammo. You can enter at any ammo, for a 5s duration per ammo spent. Smash Brawler increases this to 7s per Ammo. Primal Bursts are all 1 Ammo for the purposes of traits and skills. With the base recharge is the recharge for them. 

For BSW, there is no more flow. Get rid of it. Instead all of the ammo charging abilities grant that many bullets for Dragon Trigger. DT starts at 0 bullets. You may enter DT at any time, entering DT stocks bullets at the same rate as it does now, but without a flow requirement. Daring Dragon no longer has a flow cost. You stock one bullet every second in combat. What was positive flow instead stocks one extra bullet. Bullets persist until spent. 

Lets you use your mechanic right from the beginning. Gives you more control over Berserk Mode. Removes the unnecessary double resource gating of BSW.

• Like 2

@Lan Deathrider.5910

The wall of text is too much for the devs considering the Banner rework. Lets just start smaller and simpler, since simple math and logic is too much. 
Adrenaline decays slower after combat.
Flow on bladesworn fills up to 100% out of combat, since RP is about being calm or some kitten and in combat you try to regain your cool. They spent too much time on the dumb mechanic that is basically a drawback in itself, that they forgot what the kitten they are making with warrior, I don't think they will drop it after all of that pointless effort.

37 minutes ago, Vancho.8750 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910

The wall of text is too much for the devs considering the Banner rework. Lets just start smaller and simpler, since simple math and logic is too much. 
Adrenaline decays slower after combat.
Flow on bladesworn fills up to 100% out of combat, since RP is about being calm or some kitten and in combat you try to regain your cool. They spent too much time on the dumb mechanic that is basically a drawback in itself, that they forgot what the kitten they are making with warrior, I don't think they will drop it after all of that pointless effort.

I'd prefer Adrenaline to not decay at all anymore to be frank. 

I think the game is too advanced to consider removal or change to Adrenaline decay mechanic, especially that so many features of the warrior are likely balanced AROUND the fact this decay exists. I mean, if my adrenaline decays between combats, it really isn't THAT significant if it does it in 1 second or 3 or 5 ... you won't carry much over anyways. It's just wishful thinking Anet would ever make it 30 seconds. 

What I think is more relevant is adrenaline gain, not decay. How quickly you gain adrenaline when you start combat has a more significant impact to how people play the class than it's decay, especially as a berserker or a BsW. Just a test ... put up your hand if you start your Berserker combat rotation with ANY kind of adrenaline gain action. <<Puts up hand>>

So someone is going to say "what's the difference". The differences is that you don't always benefit from a change in decay because of the delays between combats ... but you ALWAYS benefit from a change in adrenaline gain. But sure ... bring on the confused emojis like you don't understand that. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Obtena.7952 said:

What I think is more relevant is adrenaline gain, not decay. How quickly you gain adrenaline when you start combat has a more significant impact to how people play the class than it's decay

How about adrenaline is gained while both causing non-burst damage to enemies as well as receiving damage,...plus as you receive damage, cooldown on burst decreases (ie. at 75% health burst cooldown -1 sec, at 50% health burst cooldown -2 sec, at 25% health burst cooldown -4 sec)  therefore increasing the threat of warrior burst as they are closer to death.

22 minutes ago, RiyazGuerra.9203 said:

How about adrenaline is gained while both causing non-burst damage to enemies as well as receiving damage,...plus as you receive damage, cooldown on burst decreases (ie. at 75% health burst cooldown -1 sec, at 50% health burst cooldown -2 sec, at 25% health burst cooldown -4 sec)  therefore increasing the threat of warrior burst as they are closer to death.

The burst reduction is probably better suited as a trait and competes with Burst Mastery. My point here is simply to express the real value in focusing on adrenaline is with how it's gained, not how it decays. 

Edited by Obtena.7952