Domination Trait Line -- Vulnerability?

Spiral.3724

I'm looking at the Domination trait line and the minor traits Illusion of Vulnerability and Dazzling

IoV = inflicts 3 stacks of vulnerability when you interrupt a foe

Dazz = dazing and stunning applies 5 stacks of vulnerability

But dazing and stunning are interrupts... so are these traits the same? Do they stack the vulnerability? 

So if I daze a foe, the IoV trait would put 3 stacks and then the Dazzling would add 5 more stacks?

Seems kinda silly to have two minor traits that basically do the same thing. 

4 hours ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

To interrupt, you need to use a CC skill while the enemy is in the wind-up animation for their attack.  Using a daze or a stun while the enemy isn't using an attack is not considered an interrupt.  But, if you did daze and interrupt an ability, then these traits would both fire off and stack 8 vuln total.  

The two could still be condensed together as to not create “repetitive” traits and make room for something different in my opinion.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Tseison.4659 said:

The two could still be condensed together as to not create “repetitive” traits and make room for something different in my opinion.

Absolute a lot of Mesmer being "unfinished" is related to this. Take for example the Pistol trait line virtually no one picks for the "bleed" proc bc the very next minor trait gives illusions bleed on crit, which means the Phantasms having fury is better at providing bleed on a pistol then a specific bleed pistol trait....

Same deal with Virtuoso's Blades doing bleed damage on crit trait. Why doesn't the illusion trait just do it? Blades are suddenly not grouped with "illusions" for this one aspect.

Love the class just wish it was finished/cleaned up. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

To interrupt, you need to use a CC skill while the enemy is in the wind-up animation for their attack.  Using a daze or a stun while the enemy isn't using an attack is not considered an interrupt.  But, if you did daze and interrupt an ability, then these traits would both fire off and stack 8 vuln total.  

Thank you so much. This makes more sense to me now. 

IoV and Dazzling should be merged. No one can argue with that.

It legitimately could just be 'Illusion of Vulnerability.'

Dazes and Stuns inflict Vulnerability, interrupting a foe inflicts additional Vulnerability.

• Vulnerability: 5 stacks; 8s
  • Vulnerability: 3 stacks; 8s (shhh shadow buff.)

There are other traits that do the same sorta thing like Phantasmal Force in Illusions and Empowered Illusions in Domination. Why not just merge Empowered Illusions into Phantasmal Force? (You could say the slight difference is that EI increases clone damage too, but that wouldn't break the universe.)

It could be 'Phantasmal Force.'

Illusions deal increased damage. Summoning Phantasms grant you Might, which increase the damage of Phantasms based on how much Might you have.

• Damage Increased: +15% Damage
  • Might: 3 stacks; 10s
  • Phantasmal Force: +1% Damage

Just a pipe dream though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah you see it even in Mirage, we have Speed of Sand which should already be in the Minor Adept slot, Mirage Cloak.

If you do that, then you can now put Infinite Horizon as the Minor Grandmaster, freeing up all Major Grandmaster's for a rework/tweak/whatever, or at the very least freeing up one Major Grandmaster for something new.

They're like inflated traits, but in the wrong way because they take one trait and split it up into 3 to fill up space. Meanwhile Firebrand gets +750 stats on a Minor Grandmaster as their trait. -__-

Edited by Waffles.5632
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Waffles.5632 said:

Yeah you see it even in Mirage, we have Speed of Sand which should already be in the Minor Adept slot, Mirage Cloak.

If you do that, then you can now put Infinite Horizon as the Minor Grandmaster, freeing up all Major Grandmaster's for a rework/tweak/whatever, or at the very least freeing up one Major Grandmaster for something new.

They're like inflated traits, but in the wrong way because they take one trait and split it up into 3 to fill up space. Meanwhile Firebrand gets +750 stats on a Minor Grandmaster as their trait. -__-

At least our Vigor gives us +150 Condition Damage! 😄

I have no idea why Speed of Sand is even a Minor. Just integrate it how Mirage Cloak works...

We've also got a handful of traits we can't even use when compared to their other traits in the same line. Mirage Mantle could be baseline and put in place of Speed of Sand. Could legitimately put Renewing Oasis in place of Speed of Sand too... I'd actually argue putting Evasive Mirror in place of Mirage Mantle or something like that.

... Then there's Dune Cloak.

Mirage traits need a rework, similar to Chronomancer. Just different flavor of confuzzled. Virtuoso has some useless traits as well.

• Like 3