Summon a copy of your companion - Rune of the Ranger

Xionor.8963

As we have the Rune of the Ogre I thought maybe we could change the Rune of the Ranger to give you +4%dmg and summon a copy of your pet when you enter combat. Once it is summoned it doesn't change when you swap pets. Stats whise it would be just a copy from the Rockdog and it can't obviously use skills or anything.

Edited by Xionor.8963
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Beddo.1907 said:

One: won't work for other classes
Two: overpowered
Three: Runes follow a stat patern so +4% raw dps + special is wrong

1. Rune of the ranger already doesn't work for classes without a pet

2. It's strange that even though rune of the ogre apparently is overpowered it is still cheaper than other power runes how so?

3https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Ogre summon a rock

Literally none of your arguments make sense. I'm ssaying rune of the ranger should summon a rock dog but with the skin of your actual pet.

• Thanks 4

40 minutes ago, Beddo.1907 said:

One: won't work for other classes
Two: overpowered
Three: Runes follow a stat patern so +4% raw dps + special is wrong

What you are saying does not make sense at all, I don’t understand what is going on with you lately.

10 minutes ago, Xionor.8963 said:

2. It's strange that even though rune of the ogre apparently is overpowered it is still cheaper than other power runes how so?

3https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Ogre summon a rock

Literally none of your arguments make sense. I'm ssaying rune of the ranger should summon a rock dog but with the skin of your actual pet.

I do think your idea is interesting but it won’t happen because the “technology is not there”. 

In any case that doesn’t need to be in a rune, it can perfectly replace one of the least used shouts like guard. And make it so the new companion last 30s, fully automated like the hyena f2. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

What you are saying does not make sense at all, I don’t understand what is going on with you lately.

I do think your idea is interesting but it won’t happen because the “technology is not there”. 

In any case that doesn’t need to be in a rune, it can perfectly replace one of the least used shouts like guard. And make it so the new companion last 30s, fully automated like the hyena f2. 

That would actually be an amazing idea to change a command skill for that.

15 minutes ago, Xionor.8963 said:

Works on: Thief Fellow Thieves, Mesmer Clones and Necro Minions. Also might work on other things like Rev Renegades and Engi Mech, but it's not tested. 

15 minutes ago, Xionor.8963 said:

Rock Dog has lower stats than the pet.

16 minutes ago, Xionor.8963 said:

Actually my mistake since for some reason I understood the 4% dps as the bonus from stats 1-5. (I have no idea how I came to that conclussion)

I wrote: "Stats whise it would be just a copy from the Rockdog and it can't obviously use skills or anything."

So it wouldn't be stronger than a Rockdog but maybe you oversaw that. I literally meant Rockdog but just with the skin of your pets. No skills and no interaction with traits or utilities or anything.

Edited by Xionor.8963
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Xionor.8963 said:

. I literally meant Rockdog but just with the skin of your pets. No skills and no interaction with traits or utilities or anything.

The AA is still tied to the animation of the pet model.
Edit: Rather than Overpowered I should have said "Anet couldn't balance the pets for years and the differences in pet models would cause the dps to be different unless the pet stats are balanced perfectly"
Also some pet's have way different AA like turtle and some have AA with effect like condi.

Edited by Beddo.1907

3 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

I'm not sure I'd want to 3 Hyenas...

fix Hyenas first. They have half power, very long cd and a "copy" who is not following you, and of course you can't control it in any way.
(After 10 years can we get a general pet review? Please!)

• Like 4

the main problem with ranger runes isnt the las slot, its mostly that it gives precision instead of power.

Put ogre as an example, as some people said it doesn't see much use compared to other similar runes, well the most similar rune would be scholar, the thing is scholar gives more dmg compared to ogre, at least dps wise, now ranger compared to ogre isnt better because of the precision overcap, and its also worse than, i think it was eagle or thief?, because most classes dont have pets.

as they have increased all classes acces to crit chance, they should rework runes so more runes find a spot, ranger with a power version of ranger runes, warrior without the need of thief runes etc.