Hero of Lion's Arch, title?

mygodisthesun.1725

1 hour ago, chronometria.3708 said:

It would be nice if folks with the title already got "Champion of Lions Arch" or "Vanguard of Lions Arch" or something. The title has actual meaning of being at a place and time, so if everyone gets it, they should offer some other title to those who were actually there.

With the rerelease you do realise that everyone who plays it will  effectivly be there right?

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

With the rerelease you do realise that everyone who plays it will  effectivly be there right?

Well, it'll be a replay. Lion's Arch as we knew it, was already destroyed and rebuilt so I wouldn't say rehashing that will be 'effectively being there'.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, chronometria.3708 said:

It would be nice if folks with the title already got "Champion of Lions Arch" or "Vanguard of Lions Arch" or something. The title has actual meaning of being at a place and time, so if everyone gets it, they should offer some other title to those who were actually there.

I do not see the value of exclusive bragging rights for a game. People "who were there" will still have all the AP and titles from the content that haven't returned, like Secret of Southsun, Dragon Bash, Cutthroat Politics, and Queen's Jubilee so far.

2 hours ago, Shade.2891 said:

Well, it'll be a replay. Lion's Arch as we knew it, was already destroyed and rebuilt so I wouldn't say rehashing that will be 'effectively being there'.

Matter of perspective and how they bring back Episode 5.

• Thanks 1

This is just I "I don't want others to have this title as well" vs. "new players should be able to catch up on everything" discussion. I am in favor to making everything accessible permanently. Doesn't mean they can't add hard stuff that is not easy to get.

Yes: Not it might still feel more exclusive to use the title. (Then less players might use it if everyone can just get it again.) But it would be more encouraging for new players ... if everything was still available. Otherwise they might just skip content.

Personally I haven't played back then (only played until the stuff that will get released in episode 4) and at the moment using another title. And I still will keep using that other title after they release the Hero one again. Using the "Junundu Certified" which was amongst the ones that were rarest - according to GW2efficiency - out of the ones I got.

(Not it seems I have one achievement point title that is more rare. But which is boring. And the first 3 fishing ones from EoD and Canthan Wanderer and the one from Snargles achievement in EoD. All less than 3 percent. - must be because they are new and grindy and need people that have bought EoD.)

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 1