Mechanist Healer Rant.

Kahrtolann.1926

Hello, I've been enjoying the Heal/Alac build of the Mechanist recently. The gameplay is nice, it has good healing capabilities, barrier, some boons and all... But...

But there is one thing that the Mechanist is really not good at : Giving Stability !

With the base build you can give one stack of Stability every 24 seconds and that's pretty much it. You have not really any other way to give some stability and in some case it hurts like hell. I believe that Healer archetype should be able to provide at least some Stability.

Thus I would like to request a bit more Stability for the Mechanist. Some ideas I had for that included : A new turret that would give Stability with the Experimental Turret trait, a new Elixir or a new Utility Skill to give some stack of stability, or some trait modification to include Stability generation.

Thanks for your time.

• Haha 5

The amount of stability Mechanist has is fine. It's annoying that we're forced to press it on cooldown to maintain alac, so there's no timing it, but it looks like ANET decided to compensate by making it a single long lasting stack of stab. I would still like to see this moved to something like barrier signet. 

While this would technically be a nerf since we no longer get the stab for free, It would mean we can actually time the stab for when we really need it, which is more engaging than simply vomiting out the boon

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Kahrtolann.1926 said:

But there is one thing that the Mechanist is really not good at : Giving Stability !

With the base build you can give one stack of Stability every 24 seconds and that's pretty much it. You have not really any other way to give some stability and in some case it hurts like hell. I believe that Healer archetype should be able to provide at least some Stability.

Mhm, and that's what mech provides, some Stability. 🙂

Really though, I had the same concern, but after playing it a bunch, I think Mech is fine in the stability department.  That duration means we basically don't have to time it well, so that's nice.  There are only a few fights where I feel like it's lacking (Chaos Fractal comes to mind), but that's probably how it should be, we can't always be the hands down best pick.

2 hours ago, Kuma.1503 said:

It's annoying that we're forced to press it on cooldown to maintain alac, so there's no timing it

On HealMech with 100% boon duration, you can get away with using your F2 for the Aegis/Stunbreak and be just fine.  Just your Mech existing brings 66% uptime on Alac with 100% BD.  With Mace + F skills you end up with plenty of Alac and after the initial ramp up you can hold Crisis Zone no problem. Though you will be wanting to hit it for Protection and all that fun stuff, so  not a good idea to just not use it, but holding it for 15s waiting for the right timing, no problem.  As a side note it's basically the same with Scrapper Heals Function Gyro when you take Blast +1 more gyro.

2 hours ago, Jerus.4350 said:

Mhm, and that's what mech provides, some Stability. 🙂

Really though, I had the same concern, but after playing it a bunch, I think Mech is fine in the stability department.  That duration means we basically don't have to time it well, so that's nice.  There are only a few fights where I feel like it's lacking (Chaos Fractal comes to mind), but that's probably how it should be, we can't always be the hands down best pick.

On HealMech with 100% boon duration, you can get away with using your F2 for the Aegis/Stunbreak and be just fine.  Just your Mech existing brings 66% uptime on Alac with 100% BD.  With Mace + F skills you end up with plenty of Alac and after the initial ramp up you can hold Crisis Zone no problem. Though you will be wanting to hit it for Protection and all that fun stuff, so  not a good idea to just not use it, but holding it for 15s waiting for the right timing, no problem.  As a side note it's basically the same with Scrapper Heals Function Gyro when you take Blast +1 more gyro.

Interesting. I'll need to bump up my boon duration then. 

14 hours ago, Kahrtolann.1926 said:

Hello, I've been enjoying the Heal/Alac build of the Mechanist recently. The gameplay is nice, it has good healing capabilities, barrier, some boons and all... But...

Thus I would like to request a bit more Stability for the Mechanist. Some ideas I had for that included : A new turret that would give Stability with the Experimental Turret trait, a new Elixir or a new Utility Skill to give some stack of stability, or some trait modification to include Stability generation.

Thanks for your time.

You can't have everything jfc HAM's already basically do everything on autopilot in every mode but extremely directed healing situations you cant ask to have everything. No you do not get more stability you already have it on F2 stop asking for everything in already grossly overtuned spec.

Hell give stability to some other healers I want to see druids and tempests and spectres on occasion instead of just HAMs and just HBs.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

I understand where you're coming from, but as others have pointed out, that would leave the Mech without any real weakpoints, which I personally think should be an inherit design of any class in this game. Aside from that, this has always been one of the biggest weaknesses for engi in general aside from some lackluster FT builds. 

As for a tip: Try to use the shadowstep signet as a stunbreak. Distancing disallows your enemies to stunlock you again after you stunbreak 🙂

On 7/20/2022 at 3:05 PM, Kahrtolann.1926 said:

Thanks for your time.

@Kahrtolann.1926

your duo prartner (quicknes dps) bringing 3 stacks of stab + aoe stunbreaks( qfb/qscrap )

as alac it's not your duty so you can fell safe 😉

To specifycate

-> dps quicknes scraper bringing bulwark gyro (and as f1-4) skill |defence field| grants x3 stabs aoe

blast gyro (f1-f4) |bypas coating| is aoe stunbreak (even tho tooltip not saying that)

-> dps quicknes guardian brings x5 stab by |stand your ground| or pulsing one by |Hallowed ground|

note : none of alac userse have acces to big ammount of aoe stab, most have 1 or 0 as well

Edited by Noah Salazar.5430