When someone doesn't understand what elitist and casual are

We have auto grouping for IBS strikes. No one uses it. Not even for the easy ones. Why is this still a discussion? I swear sometime I have a feeling half the forum warriors here have 0 clue of what is actually in game already.

I mean how often does one have to explain: auto grouping doesn't work that easily and it certainly doesn't work with just throwing together 5 (10) random players.

Let me repeat that far clarity:

We HAVE auto grouping. It's been in game since IBS. That's over 2 years now. It was dead within 1 week of IBS release.

Not a single player uses it. There is a reason why it made no return foe EoD strikes.

Really not sure how much clearer one can get. Either bring innovative new ideas to this concept via solving the issues at had, or accept that this type of grouping would only work for the most basic of content with no challenge, and there it already competes with a simple "all welcome" LFG posting.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Then stop dodging what is written to you. I tell you what's wrong with auto-lfg, you quote it and then ask "what's wrong with auto-lfg?". Literally what's in that post already.

I am answering you

You push a button , you and the rest 9 and you have to check constatly the lfg .

By pushing the 1x bottun you come in a agreemnt that it means "all is welcomed"

Not plz answer me what is the backfire ?

Money ? It already exist ?

Community Backlash ?

• Confused 4

1 minute ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

We have auto grouping for IBS strikes. No one uses it. Not even for the easy ones. Why is this still a discussion? I swear sometime I have a feeling half the forum warriors here have 0 clue of what is actually in game already.

I mean how often does one have to explain: auto grouping doesn't work that easily and it certainly doesn't work with just throwing together 5 (10) random players.

let me repeat that far clarity:

We HAVE auto grouping. It's been in game since IBS.

Not a single player uses it.

Really not sure how much clearer one can get. Either bring innovative new ideas to this concept via solving the issues at had, or accept that this type of grouping would only work for the most basic of content with no challenge, and there it already competes with a simple "all welcome" LFG posting.

And i have the feeling that people boycoted it . If its not on 2 hour timer (less chaces to be boycoted) and we punish afks , can work

I remember some1 telling the forums that "IBS failed so get back in Raids" .

(brb 20 min)

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

And i have the feeling that people boycoted it .

I remember some1 telling the forums that "IBS failed so get back in Raids" .

I am really pissed at her

(brb 20 min)

The reason why it failed is irrelevant. If the community does not want it, it will fail.

That said, the chance of this being due to a boycott and not because IT DID NOT WORK are very slim. As we are repeatedly told, the vast majority of players are casual (and even less read forums or reddit). You are literally claiming that the casual player base boycotted a feature (for all intents and purposes the primary target audience) which even if it were true just means that this type of feature is not desired. It it's untrue, well then the reason must be a different one, say for example because IT DID NOT WORK. 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 5

20 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Let me repeat that far clarity:

We HAVE auto grouping. It's been in game since IBS. That's over 2 years now. It was dead within 1 week of IBS release.

Not a single player uses it. There is a reason why it made no return foe EoD strikes.

Um... I did the strikes a lot of times, both as a commander and participant, yet had no clue such a thing even exists. Do you think poor noticeability of this "auto grouping" might be at fault?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

The reason why it failed is irrelevant. If the community does not want it, it will fail.

That said, the chance of this being due to a boycott and not because IT DID NOT WORK are very slim. As we are repeatedly told, the vast majority of players are casual (and even less read forums or reddit). You are literally claiming that the casual player base boycotted a feature (for all intents and purposes the primary target audience) which even if it were true just means that this type of feature is not desired. It it's untrue, well then the reason must be a different one, say for example because IT DID NOT WORK. 🤦‍♂️

Iam implying that was boyoted , bu not from the casuals.

Because this featured helped people to use 4 healers to cheeze the Boneskinner and avoid the mechanics.

Why not repeat that ?

If it fails , then the comunity will sent a massive roar to the company that say " we dont like instance content"

We move then with:

CM Strikes - Open World-Fractals- new resources toward the PvP/WvW

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4

16 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Because this featured helped people to use 4 healers to cheeze the Boneskinner.

Why not repeat that ?

If it fails , then the company will sent a massive rorar to the community that say " we dont like instance content"

Who leaked the private boycott public strike instance plans to this guy? We were so close to eliminating 4 healer groups but now our plans are ruined. nooooooo...

And then everyone stood up and clapped as Killthehealersffs.8940 staked the "we don't like instanced content" flag over the groveling defeated elitists who could no longer gate casuals from private instances with their KP.

Edited by Shikaru.7618
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

13 minutes ago, Shikaru.7618 said:

Who leaked the private boycott public strike instance plans to this guy? We were so close to eliminating 4 healer groups but now our plans are ruined. nooooooo...

And then everyone stood up and clapped as Killthehealersffs.8940 staked the "we don't like instanced content" flag over the groveling defeated elitists who could no longer gate casuals from private instances with their KP.

Thank you

I would be here without the support of the family

(:P)

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

26 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Because this featured helped people to use 4 healers to cheeze the Boneskinner and avoid the mechanics.

That makes 0 sense. Nobody boycotted it and if people wanted to specifically "get 4 healers for content", then current lfg makes it easier to arrange, NOT a "random partyfinder" that anyone can watch. This reasaoning is illogical and simply false.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

That makes 0 sense. Nobody boycotted it and if people wanted to specifically "get 4 healers for content", then current lfg makes it easier to arrange, NOT a "random partyfinder" that anyone can watch. This reasaoning is illogical and simply false.

HmHmm

Then the wont be a reason not to repeat that and put it visible in the LFG + no every 2 hours + crate an afk mechanic

• Confused 3

1 minute ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

HmHmm

Then the wont be a reason not to repeat that and put it visible in the LFG + no every 2 hours + crate an afk mechanic

What do you mean "then there won't be a reason"? There already isn't one as your conspiracy theory makes no sense, ""responding"" with "hmmhm" doesn't change anything about that. If you wanted ANY particular group stting (like "4 healers"), then the response isn't to get a "random partymaker".

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

What do you mean "then there won't be a reason"? There already isn't one as your conspiracy theory makes no sense, ""responding"" with "hmmhm" doesn't change anything about that.

Again , there no reason not to implant it .

It fails , it fails (because the casual wont like it..) and more resources toward other modes .

There is no longer needed to "inovate" different things for instance content . This is the last straw

• Confused 3

Just now, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Again , there no reason not to implant it .

It fails , it fails (because the casual wont like it..) and more resources toward other modes

There is: it doesn't work, it doesn't do what you claim you want it to do (have a specific group composition). If you want a random party, you can already do it, but you've already spilled the beans that "random" composition is not your goal here. Plenty of reasons.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

There is: it doesn't work, it doesn't do what you claim you want it to do (have a specific group composition). If you want a random party, you can already do it, but you've already spilled the beans that "random" composition is not your goal here. Plenty of reasons.

There no need for specific group composition for normal Strikes + Dungeons.

What is the backfire ?

• Confused 4

Just now, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

There no need for specific group composition for normal Strikes + Dungeons

But you said "people boycotted it because they didn't want others to be able to get 4 healers in a group", so which one is it? You're just saying random nonsense and hope something sticks, this is so ridiculous. 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

The mechanic (auto-lfg) helped people form parties to do IBS .

You already acknowledge in your posts above it didn't work. You even tried to build a false narrative about people "boycotting them because they didn't want others to be able to play with 4 healers"(?), which is obviously just nonsense.

4 healers cheesed the Boneskinner.

Cool, if anyone wants to have ANY specific group composition (like 4 healers) then "random" grouping isn't the way to do it. Stop avoiding this fact.

Guess who didnt like

Nobody like it and that's why nobody used it, so that's the obvious reason it failed? 🙄

And i am betting on a lady among many ,that said that "IBS failed , so we better get back into raids"

I don't know what this sentence is supposed to mean, lady.

11 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Why not implant auto-LFG ?

Already answered, no reason to keep pretending it wasn't.

Anyways, at this point it's clear you -again- know you're wrong here with constantly contradicting your own words. Have fun with doing that.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

57 minutes ago, Valisha.8650 said:

Um... I did the strikes a lot of times, both as a commander and participant, yet had no clue such a thing even exists. Do you think poor noticeability of this "auto grouping" might be at fault?

Hardly but sure, that might have been an issue as well. It's the so called "public" version of the strikes, which also sees some use for meta events like Dragonstorm. In case of meta events, some of the following detriments were mitigable yet still present (such as afk players prolonging the fight turning a Dragonstorm from 10-12minutes into 25+ minutes).

The main reasons why it failed for instanced content though were likely:

1. you had 0 control over the group or other players (leading to obviously not being able to kick afk players)

2. you had 0 control over what classes/roles joined, resulting in usually very sub-optimal setups

3. the system was designed so that couldn't leave the instance or group mid fight, resulting in other troll-able behavior

4. the alternative of simply making an "all welcome" listing gave nearly similar results while giving the much needed minimum control over party composition

5. as less and less players used the auto grouping, the quality of players which tried the system declined to a point where it made absolutely 0 sense to use it

That's without even getting into ANY segregation based around actual optimization or player skill.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 1

You already acknowledge in your posts above it didn't work. You even tried to build a false narrative about people "boycotting them because they didn't want others to be able to play with 4 healers"(?), which is obviously just nonsense.

Lets try again , puting the button in the LFG pannel + no 2 hour cd + afk detect mechanic

Cool, if anyone wants to have ANY specific group composition (like 4 healers) then "random" grouping isn't the way to do it. Stop avoiding this fact.

Those 4 players changed their spec ingame , becuase they knew that way they can cheese .

So in the auto-lfg there is no need for deticated  slot-specs

Nobody like it and that's why nobody used it, so that's the obvious reason it failed? 🙄

Why not repeat that ?

If it failed again (they already have the code) , then they will have the data that majority dont like instance content

• Confused 4

No, let's not "try again", you already said in your past posts that "if it fails, it fails". You already know it fails, so according to your words you should be fine with the result. Instead you just want to keep repeating "lets try again". Almost as if nothing you said above is actually honest 🙃

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Hardly but sure, that might have been an issue as well. It's the so called "public" version of the strikes, which also sees some use for meta events like Dragonstorm. In case of meta events, some of the following detriments were mitigable yet still present (such as afk players prolonging the fight turning a Dragonstorm from 10-12minutes into 25+ minutes).

The main reasons why it failed for instanced content though were likely:

1. you had 0 control over the group or other players (leading to obviously not being able to kick afk players)

2. you had 0 control over what classes/roles joined, resulting in usually very sub-optimal setups

3. the system was designed so that couldn't leave the instance or group mid fight, resulting in other troll-able behavior

4. the alternative of simply making an "all welcome" listing gave nearly similar results while giving the much needed minimum control over party composition

That's without even getting into ANY segregation based around actual optimization or player skill.

1)create an afk mechanic

2)people-re-spercted to healer to cheese the mechanic (i was there on Boneskinner)

3) Youmean one last standing player that didnt die and continued the battle ? For 1-2 moremin?

4)You can keep the old lfg

• Confused 5

3 minutes ago, The Boz.2038 said:

I am having difficulty following this agile mind.

A feature that is going to fail and thus likely alienate players who try it out is more than a net negative, it is actively detrimental to the health of the game.

A final nail.

It it fails , then we can agree that the community dont like instance content.

Resources will move to other areas of the game

No more "you shouldnt join groups you dont belong , but you can have an auto-lfg"

• Confused 4

2 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

It it fails

It already did, according to your own words that's all you needed to see and should be fine with the result. Suddenly "if it fails, we know" isn't really that, but instead "if it fails, lets keep retrying" 🤔

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1)create an afk mechanic

Easier said than done, but sure, let's start kicking players. Maybe based around performance? I'm sure that will work really well. Otherwise player will find ways to circumvent the system, as they always do.

2)people-re-spercted to healer to cheese the mechanic (i was there on Boneskinner)

That has nothing to do with the auto grouping feature.

3) Youmean one last standing player that didnt die and continued the battle ? For 1-2 moremin?

1-2 min, or 10-20 min depending on which boss it was.

4)You can keep the old lfg

Why thank you, and the resources and time spent on adding an already failed feature back in are sucked out of thin air? Besides the fact that adding 1 more failed feature, which is totally avoidable, is again a bad look?

• Like 2