[Suggestion] Isn't it time to stop having things block behind a single content?

A few minutes ago I decided to get the Runic Shaman Set from Eye of the north, since I had enough blue prophet shards from the return achievements and the skins look cool. I made I mistake and bought the Runic Slayer Set, and now I need to get more ~~500 blue prophet crystals, but I find strike mission to be extremely boring and hard to find a squad, but that is not the problem; The problem is that now I need to do a few hundred strike missions to get exotic armor skins and this is just kitten and I refuse to do it, which means I will never have this skins unless the people at ArenaNET balance this. Thank you for your patience and understanding, sorry for any English mistakes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 13

16 minutes ago, Radnor.4185 said:

A few minutes ago I decided to get the Runic Shaman Set from Eye of the north, since I had enough blue prophet shards from the return achievements and the skins look cool. I made I mistake and bought the Runic Slayer Set, and now I need to get more ~~500 blue prophet crystals, but I find strike mission to be extremely boring and hard to find a squad, but that is not the problem; The problem is that now I need to do a few hundred strike missions to get exotic armor skins and this is just kitten and I refuse to do it, which means I will never have this skins unless the people at ArenaNET balance this. Thank you for your patience and understanding, sorry for any English mistakes.

Do the daily and over time and you will have it when you get enough shards nothing to balance here.

You do know people finished off those exotic armor collections before the return to was even a thing right?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Radnor.4185 said:

Contact support and submit a ticket. Mistakes happen and Anet's support is extremely helpful. They will probably ask you to delete item and refund you the shards.

• Like 1

I haven't run the numbers, but it does seem pretty over the top compared to most armor set acquisition in the game. I'm not sure if it's actually worse or if it just feels worse because of the daily limitations of doing the content.

But given that and the option to get it with a massive amount of gold makes me think it's supposed to be rare, prestigious armor. Which... idk if that really does anything for the game, but that's what the intention seems to be...

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

4 hours ago, Radnor.4185 said:

So you made a mistake and think that the whole system needs to change because of this? classic

Perhaps you haven't yet found out but there are plenty of things in this game "locked" behind certain content and this isn't an issue in other areas, so why with this specifically? for example, there are skins locked behind pvp and wvw tracks, skins only obtainable in strikes, raids and fractals. Some items you have to complete collections for. This isn't something new.....

As for the inaccessibility, as mentioned, there are regular lfgs for strikes doing the quick5 or at least the daily both on EU and NA. 

As always with these types of posts, you just have to ask yourself the question: "do I want the reward enough to do the content in its current format?" if not, then just don't do it.

Edit: 

I completely forgot to second what another poster said - If you don't want to get the shards via strikes you are always free to farm other content and buy the armour skins for GOLD so you never have to actually do the content you hate so much!

Edited by disco.9302
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

I don't think it's a problem to have skins and other cosmetic rewards restricted to specific content because it gives players an extra incentive to do it and something to show what they've done.

It does mean there's some I will probably never get because it requires spending a lot of time in an area of the game I'm just not that interested in, or something I'm not able to do, but that's ok because when that happens I can find an alternative. (Especially if the problem is just that I don't enjoy that area of the game, if I wanted the skin that much I'd be willing to get it.)

My other MMO makes most of them tradable, but then it also makes them random drops rather than giving guaranteed tokens and letting you choose what to buy with them, so I suspect making them tradable is, well, a trade-off. But it also means people who don't want to do that area of the game at all can buy the skins from people who farm it to sell them.

Edited by Danikat.8537

10 minutes ago, Goettel.4389 said:

I don't get why people would volunteer to spent their free time doing things they don't enjoy. Play a game because you like playing it, and consider the skins a nice shiny bonus, not a goal. The goal of a game is to have fun, right?

Having items you like can be fun too.

I really like mini pets, so I'll go out of my way to get them, including sometimes doing things I'm not that excited about. The process of getting them may not be as fun for me as other parts of the game, but I like having them and once it's done I've got them forever so it's worth it. Also sometimes it's lead to me trying something I didn't know about or didn't expect to like and ended up really enjoying. (For an extreme example that's why I finally tried WvW.)

Of course there's limits. I've never gotten any of the mini llamas from PvP except the first one, because I find PvP very boring and don't want to do it enough to get them. I keep thinking I might do it one day, but always find something else I'd rather do when I'm online.

• Like 2