Which classes whine the most on the forums?

bethekey.8314

Which classes whine the most on the forums?  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Which classes whine the most on the forums?

• Elementalist
    • Engineer
    • Guardian
    • Mesmer
    • Necromancer
    • Ranger
    • Revenant
    • Thief
    • Warrior

1 hour ago, Kuma.1503 said:

I'm one of those people lol

I have newfound empathy for core engie if it was anything like this when holo was doing its thing. 

Hell it might still be like that now all I see are mechanists (with the occasional holo/scrapper being run by someone with obviously hundreds of hours) so I cant tell. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

1 hour ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

I have newfound empathy for core engie if it was anything like this when holo was doing its thing. 

Hell it might still be like that now all I see are mechanists (with the occasional holo/scrapper being run by someone with obviously hundreds of hours) so I cant tell. 

Frien. 🤝

In all honesty, core Engi is currently at the best it's been in years. I won't go so far to say that it's remotely a meta choice, but the Firearms and rifle changes gave core power engi some spice that lets it meme people pretty hard if they don't expect it. 

A good Net shot > Blunderbuss > Prybar    or   Overcaharge Shot > Jump Shot > Net Shot > Prybar > Acid Bomb will chunk someone real hard.

It got a lot of little buffs. A-AR buffs, the bug fix to jump shot (it used to randomly do less damage than intended), the explosion synergy on rifle, the lower CD on blunderbuss. It all comes together to make a workable build. 

It doesn't have the same ranged pressure of the Mech variants, but it also doesn't get hard countered by projectile hate, and has more resilence against condi pressure. There's a bigger emphasis on combos than spamming 1. 

And, y'know... MoA 🐦

This is the build I'm playing right now. 

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PeQAQlFw8YfsLWJOsLvJNA-zZIPjeVABMB0wAA

This could all change if eventual core nerfs to tone down mech in PvE bleed into PvP. 

Edit: Core condi still ded tho ☠️

Buff pistol pls ty. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

It was something like this, but nowhere close to Mechanist as it even neuters the remaining two specs. As for the popularity, few people cared for cost-efficiency, dieselpunk and engineer memes so it's difficult for someone trying to live out their Asura wizardry  RP dreams to get interested in Scrapper and Core, but I suppose it's the same thing more or less on every class. Add to the mix all the clickbait stuff about how "Rifle Mech is absolutely bonkers you must try it now!!!!" and this is all you'll meet on the engi side of things these days, no matter if they're competent or food.

I only played Core Engineer once lately and it's because the whole raid static wanted me to.

2 hours ago, Kuma.1503 said:

Frien. 🤝

In all honesty, core Engi is currently at the best it's been in years. I won't go so far to say that it's remotely a meta choice, but the Firearms and rifle changes gave core power engi some spice that lets it meme people pretty hard if they don't expect it. 

A good Net shot > Blunderbuss > Prybar    or   Overcaharge Shot > Jump Shot > Net Shot > Prybar > Acid Bomb will chunk someone real hard.

It got a lot of little buffs. A-AR buffs, the bug fix to jump shot (it used to randomly do less damage than intended), the explosion synergy on rifle, the lower CD on blunderbuss. It all comes together to make a workable build. 

It doesn't have the same ranged pressure of the Mech variants, but it also doesn't get hard countered by projectile hate, and has more resilence against condi pressure. There's a bigger emphasis on combos than spamming 1. 

And, y'know... MoA 🐦

This is the build I'm playing right now. 

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PeQAQlFw8YfsLWJOsLvJNA-zZIPjeVABMB0wAA

This could all change if eventual core nerfs to tone down mech in PvE bleed into PvP. 

Edit: Core condi still ded tho ☠️

Buff pistol pls ty. 

Nice, I might reference this a bit.

I'm playing  a scrapper on my downtime that uses bomb kit and streamlined for the pull and smoke field (stealth leaps), with sneak gyro as the elite. Its a variant of decap engie. Not finished yet but the combat loop feels good, and nuking someone for 7 damage with BoB is entertaining (but not effective)

I might make it something. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Haha 1

On 8/6/2022 at 5:23 AM, Bazsi.2734 said:

This is a rigged vote.  The answer is clearly "the middle class" but it's not even an option.

This clever comment, I find both eerie and enchanting. Sigh, yes the middle class is a withering institution. 

Not sure what region you're on but there are very instances where interesting topics are discussed in NA mapchat. 

Edited by Pimsley.3681