I love and hate WvW

Sansar.1302

I love the figths when there are same numbers problem is that there almost never are figths like that

I hate anything that have to do with walls, gates , capping or npcs

Spvp is fun but have nothing to do with figths

Alway seen WvW as a pvp mode and nothing else, this feels like is not what most wvw players think as most try to avoid combat from what i see

Been playing Gw2 for soon to be 10 years now but now so little of what i used to like (to be honest that is mainly solo roaming in wvw looking for figths)  is still here 

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

It's not open world. It's a contained game mode, but large enough to not have to take any heat for your bad performance or for being a goober and apart from selling off stuff for gold there's not much else you gain aside from a few good fights. No one really has a reason to try in WvW. 

It's too big to promote urgency and encounters but too small to benefit form an open world dynamic. You're going to have to hit up more activities each day and see if that injects some new interest, like going hybrid support or something you haven't really hit up yet for awhile or try to hold it down in some other aspect of large fights and wait for WvW to fix itself

Edited by kash.9213

1 hour ago, kash.9213 said:

It's not open world. It's a contained game mode, but large enough to not have to take any heat for your bad performance or for being a goober and apart from selling off stuff for gold there's not much else you gain aside from a few good fights. No one really has a reason to try in WvW. 

It's too big to promote urgency and encounters but too small to benefit form an open world dynamic. You're going to have to hit up more activities each day and see if that injects some new interest, like going hybrid support or something you haven't really hit up yet for awhile or try to hold it down in some other aspect of large fights and wait for WvW to fix itself

Came to gw2 from Daoc so i mainly came for wvw  but now its not great any more and it have been a slow decline for a few years now the good figth commanders in my old guild left and those that replaced them only do ppt so i left them ( still se them in wvw and say hi ) and have not run with them since and only a few times with other guilds/grps

Part my fault as i not active seek out new guilds

Part not being let intoo good grps as ranger and when i get a decent grp i am placed in the unwanted sub grp( would not be that bad if ranger could do some self stab)

gs/ axe wh maurader/assasin gear core ranger for solo roaming is all i do now

tried many other ranger for roaming but this is the best imo while other as soulbeast definetively do better vs thives  i think this is better rounded for many different fights and builds 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Sansar.1302 said:

Came to gw2 from Daoc so i mainly came for wvw  but now its not great any more and it have been a slow decline for a few years now the good figth commanders in my old guild left and those that replaced them only do ppt so i left them ( still se them in wvw and say hi ) and have not run with them since and only a few times with other guilds/grps

Part my fault as i not active seek out new guilds

Part not being let intoo good grps as ranger and when i get a decent grp i am placed in the unwanted sub grp( would not be that bad if ranger could do some self stab)

gs/ axe wh maurader/assasin gear core ranger for solo roaming is all i do now

tried many other ranger for roaming but this is the best imo while other as soulbeast definetively do better vs thives  i think this is better rounded for many different fights and builds 

That's probably the best way to build for WvW so you can float around and hit everything you run into. You can read the maps and feel the map movement stress when zergs roll in and start plotting. Maybe do more floating than roaming and feel the maps breath to find stuff to get ahead of. 

My guild are just other floaters who mostly do their own thing and ping the map when they see stuff but nothing super serious and I don't feel like I'm missing out on any scale fight not being in the blob. I almost never actually join squads or groups since I also get put in the back of the squad bus with other thieves anyway. Just run around with the blobs regardless but make sure not to mess up their fields. If you're holding it down out there and making stuff happen, you'll get invites anyway because the usual people and commanders have you sized up over time and will want to use what they know. 

Covering squads and groups on my thief is what I still log in for apart from running around with the rest of the usual gang on our server. There's still good action even if things are hit or miss. That's why I say you have to feel the maps breath because it can be hard to keep up with all of the different scale groups who are moving people on coms.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2022 at 8:34 PM, Sansar.1302 said:

I love the figths when there are same numbers problem is that there almost never are figths like that

Alway seen WvW as a pvp mode and nothing else, this feels like is not what most wvw players think as most try to avoid combat from what i see

Been playing Gw2 for soon to be 10 years now but now so little of what i used to like (to be honest that is mainly solo roaming in wvw looking for figths)  is still here 

Depends what region/server you are in. In NA there is going to be far more ganking, but also a lot more small fights. If you can find the right server. In EU there is going to be a lot more blob fights, but also equal number fighting if you know what server you are looking for

On 8/5/2022 at 8:34 PM, Sansar.1302 said:

im the same, fights are the real content. im also 10 years in and my staff ele/weaver getting nerfed all the time, feels bad man. Join discords for fights tbh. commanders talk between server to arrange good content fights. I hope they dont dump alliances or steam without better balance.

Edited by Loke.1429