Would it be OP’d…..

dascott.6078

I’m sorry. I wasn’t being clear in the original post.  I meant stability (short duration like 1-2 sec) only with auras…. remove the stability with overloads.  

BTW… I like the use of “mech-tier” being synonymous with OP.  I’m using that descriptor from now on.  🙂

3 hours ago, dascott.6078 said:

I’m sorry. I wasn’t being clear in the original post.  I meant stability (short duration like 1-2 sec) only with auras…. remove the stability with overloads.  

BTW… I like the use of “mech-tier” being synonymous with OP.  I’m using that descriptor from now on.  🙂

This is Ele syndrome. If you give it a reasonable stab duration, you end up with perma stab. If you make it short duration, it will require more skill to utilize effectively and for those who can't, be completely useless.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dascott.6078 said:

I meant from aura on overloads + aurashare.

Using mech as a reference for what is acceptable in the game is the way of showing devs that something is wrong

I think the better chose is to make overloads act as an atument swap to the overloaded atument for all traits and even sigiles. So you could get stab from Rock Solid (all be a far weaker chose then what your asking for though i would love to see Rock Solid get a buff).

If it's not already the case (I have a doubt here) you could simply have overload earth share it's initial stability. And, well, 3 stack of stability (4s) on 20s CD is a relatively balanced amount of of stability output compared to the stability god of the game.

• Like 3

Why not make Harmonious conduit give alac when you start overloading (or pulsing while you overload) and a boon when u finish depending of the overload you did and share it with allies within a certain radius , like :

-Fire : 5 stacks of might (being able to pull out 25 might , wihtout use of warhorn  (i would also increase the size the might is given from the overload itself , not the area of the overload just the boon share from it)

-Earth : stab ofc

-Water : résolution

-Air : fury (for htemp you can change air traitline to arcane and so provide fury without having a full traitline for only sharing fury)

I feel like harmonious conduit is the sorry excuse from anet  "wants some alac , here !" (throw it like a pile of sshhheeet ). 

And many other classes having Gm traits giving  quickness or alacrity with a bonus , here there is no bonus

Scrapper , 10% of might into concentration . Herald +6 secs passiv effect duration . Renegade  2x size of area alacrity , wont even talk about mechs 😁.

What do you think of it ?

Edited by zeyeti.8347
  • Like 1

I guess a better question would be… What’s considered a reasonable amount of shared stability that a Tempest could provide a subgroup that wouldn’t be considered mech tier?  5 seconds uptime, 10 seconds downtime? 5 seconds up, 5 seconds down?  I like the idea of providing stab on attunement swap.  That way, you wouldn’t feel as locked out due to prolonged cool downs switching back to a particular element.  

Keep in mind at one point tempest could give 10 stack of stab as support though AoE and the old boon share that the WH earth skill had (so any self stab or self boon of any type was part of the old tempest kit boon support). That was sadly taken out early on during beta.

2 hours ago, Draconious.2751 said:

Sorry, stab share is reserved for only certain classes.

True words.  This whole thread is just pipe dream crap.  Tempest support will only ever be average at best.  Developers will never give ele both alacrity AND shared stability (I’m actually shocked we got alacrity, tbh).  I would love for them to prove me wrong though.  😉

• Like 1

On 8/7/2022 at 8:37 AM, Jski.6180 said:

I think the better chose is to make overloads act as an atument swap to the overloaded atument for all traits and even sigiles. So you could get stab from Rock Solid (all be a far weaker chose then what your asking for though i would love to see Rock Solid get a buff).

it already does that. when starting overload it acts as if you just switched into the attunement.

🤡Preview of upcoming profession update:🤡

NOTE, that this changes are PvE only.

In the upcoming profession update we want to give Tempest more options to support their group.

we reworked the trait "transcendent tempest" as it is pretty much deadcontent since the introduction of alacrity on lucid singularity. (trait give 33% faster overloads, but lucid singularity and its Alac is doing exactly the same... while also affecting other skills like utilityskills, AND is shared with your group.

Transcendent tempest: got rid of the old functionality. This trait now gives 1 stack of stability for 4 seconds after completing a overload. While slotting transcendet tempest, Harmonious Conduit gains increased effectiveness.

Harmonious Conduit when slotted transcendent tempst: now shares the Stability in a 360 unit Aoe Circle at the start of the overload.

When receiving Alacrity from other groupmembers, Tempest should now be able to provide 1 permanent stack of stability.

Tempest can now choose which kind of support they want to provide for their group: 

-1 stack of perma stability(transcendent tempest)

-permanent alacrity (lucid singularity)   

-Healingoutput (elemental bastion)

we feel like this would bring some diversity and actual tradeoffs into the tempest specialization and we hope to give it the final push into the PvE meta, as it would be a true rival to the currently pretty dominant Firebrand.

a full dps tempest should be able to provide 1 permastack of stabi, therefore having atleast 1 firebrand in your group is no longer a necessarity and as a result opening the space up for other supports that focus on providing HPsupport like druid that otherwise had no chance, cuz the group needed the stability that only Firebrand could provide.

with this change a dpstempest can now fullfill the important role of the "stabip00per" without actually taking the spot of the healer, making more room for different teamcomps and hopefully giving other profession the needed space to play as a "healer" in pve groups.

with this changes we hope change the fact that every min/maxed group needed a FB, thus we make room for shoutheal warriors and Druids, while also defining Tempest role as a strong dps which can provide important boons to the group.

we will be monitoring this change closely and might make some further adjustments down the road.

ps: please hire me Anet. i will fix this game.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

it already does that. when starting overload it acts as if you just switched into the attunement.

It only dose it for some on swap traits it dose not do it for any arcain trait line effects nor dose it work for on swap clears for water as well not for on swap stab from earth. It would be nice if they just make it an atument swap for that current atument for all traits and sigiles.

On 8/7/2022 at 8:19 PM, dascott.6078 said:

True words.  This whole thread is just pipe dream crap.  Tempest support will only ever be average at best.  Developers will never give ele both alacrity AND shared stability (I’m actually shocked we got alacrity, tbh).  I would love for them to prove me wrong though.  😉

I guess I’ve been proven wrong.  😳 And I’ve never been happier.  😁