Why is there still no paid armor class change?

23 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Ok then I guess current GW2 makes no sense to you concept wise since every profession is using another another professions skills from the point of view of one profession (and in some cases, on another armor weight) 😛

Uh, no...

I'll say it again: when I say "using another profession's skills" I mean LITERALLY using another profession's skills. Example: Rangers don't use the "Purging Flames" skill (Guardian).

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

You can give any character an outfit that looks like, if it was normal armour, it would fall into one of the catagories  that the character isn't. Anyone that was here before Heart of Thorns has the Royal Guard Outfit. Pretty heavy looking but any class can use it.

It seems armour weights aren't meant to be mixed, you can preview an armour piece with a class that can't wear it but it hides the rest of your armour. Though if it made you transmute all pieces you are wearing to be the same weight, should be okay. Therre would be the problem when you obtain a new piece, you'd need to unequip  everything equip, transmute, then re-equip. Or an option I'd be in favour of, allowing you to transmute a piece without equipping it.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/9/2022 at 1:06 PM, Bakeneko.5826 said:

It's not just cosmetic, it's part of gameplay as well. At some point, players start to learn what skin is what weight, by skin itself, general look or some quirks in skin system. It's very useful in WvW when you need to decide if second guy coming to help guy I am fighting is worth the hastle, or it is a theif/mesmer, which will dance around invisible annoying the hell out of me. New non-weight dependant skins and outfits already are throwing mist over who is running at me in WvW, there is no need to make WvW luck based game, when players have to guess who is running at you without good way of seeing general idea of class from afar.

As some armors from each weight already have profiles similar to other weights you might have better luck using the generic enemy model setting if you want to identify foes at a glance at any significant distance.

• Haha 1