Did not get into same match up as my guild alliance

45 minutes ago, durandall.4968 said:

I have been representing my alliance guild for many days before the reset and did not get into the same match up as my alliance. Please transfer me from Stonefall to Phoenix Dawn. My alliance guild is Corner Stone [WvW]

Please clarify if you had used the WvW panel to select guild and not the Guild panel for representing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Please clarify if you had used the WvW panel to select guild and not the Guild panel for representing.

Good question. That was my first thought too. On the 11th, just a few hours before the deadline, I had to walk a guild member, new to the game and to WvW through the process. Just repping the guild from the Guild panel is not enough.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I didn't want to make a new topic for this and since this was related... does anyone know who I contact about this same issue? Me and my bf have a personal guild of just us two. Previous betas we went with our other wvw guild as the selection. This time we thought we'd select our personal one and just end up together wherever. I got put into the world that was assigned to our small guild, he however got placed into the same one as the other guild we're in together. He did select ours before the deadline yet we've been seperated 😞

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, durandall.4968 said:

I have been representing my alliance guild for many days before the reset and did not get into the same match up as my alliance. Please transfer me from Stonefall to Phoenix Dawn. My alliance guild is Corner Stone [WvW]

My question is, why didn't anyone from your alliance guild explain what you needed to do to make sure you had properly selected the correct guild for the beta?

• Haha 1

absurd bug in which some of us stay on one server alone, while 90% of the guild is on another.
and that of selecting the guild in the beta is a story to not sleep because I have never changed the guild and I had it active in the beta selection.

Now I am alone in the opposite faction.

1 hour ago, goodnyte.6304 said:

Hi! Hopping onto this topic because I'm having the same problem. Tagged with my guild in the panel, but they're on Griffonfall and I was assigned Skrittsburgh. Would love to WVW this reset - is there a fix possible for this? 

Which panel?

I have four accounts and I play with all of them. I don't have guild in any of the accounts but in this beta all my accounts are in the same tier and two accounts in the same server. I sense that this is not an alliance versus alliance but alliance vs alliance and pugs vs pugs. There are no guilds in my tier. I'm a pug but I play in a squad. Most of the players in wvw we are not in guilds but we are not roamers either. You don't know the people who play your game.

Small family guild.  Chose guild to rep so they would be on the same server.

First acct, wasn't assigned, gave a list to choose from.

Second acct, wasn't assigned, gave a list to choose from.

Third acct, wife got a random server, that wasn't the server the guild was assigned to.

Fourth acct, I got yet another random server, that wasn't where our guild was assigned.

Fun addition.  The first acct is an alt acct I play.  The mesmer played a full day as green (Reapers Corridor), where the guild is assigned.  Logged in as warrior for a change of pace, it made me red (Giant's Rise) in the same match opposite where the mesmer played.  After running around as red for 20 minutes, switched back to the mesmer...AND, was back to being green.

Yeah, this system isn't working.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, goodnyte.6304 said:

In the WvW window, there was a checklist of your guilds you could choose before the beta started. I did so but still didn't get matched with my guild 😞

Thanks for clarifying. The reason I asked about which panel is because the OP says he was "repping" which may indicate the guild panel and not the wvw panel. It can be confusing. It sounds like you did the selection in the correct panel.

For your issue though, when you say "before the beta started" was it before the Thursday, August 11 midnight pacific deadline to choose or on Friday before reset? That could be the reason for your placement.

Edited by Chaba.5410

2 hours ago, Ubi.4136 said:

Small family guild.  Chose guild to rep so they would be on the same server.

First acct, wasn't assigned, gave a list to choose from.

Second acct, wasn't assigned, gave a list to choose from.

Third acct, wife got a random server, that wasn't the server the guild was assigned to.

Fourth acct, I got yet another random server, that wasn't where our guild was assigned.

Fun addition.  The first acct is an alt acct I play.  The mesmer played a full day as green (Reapers Corridor), where the guild is assigned.  Logged in as warrior for a change of pace, it made me red (Giant's Rise) in the same match opposite where the mesmer played.  After running around as red for 20 minutes, switched back to the mesmer...AND, was back to being green.

Yeah, this system isn't working.

Like the OP, you used the word "rep" when describing how you selected a guild to play with. Please confirm that you used the WvW panel to make the selection and not guild repping via the guild panel. Repping does nothing. I suggest to avoid that word when talking about wvw selection to reduce confusion.

Your first two accounts sound like they were not played in wvw in awhile if they got a list to choose from.

Edited by Chaba.5410

All 4 accts were both repping the guild AND had selected the guild in the alliance beta panel.  All 4  accts are played daily.  The first is my alt, and the second is my daughter's acct.  I do max tickets on the first and 4th accts every week and usually finish of get close to finishing the 4th acct (I am already full legendary so don't really need the tickets)  My daughter plays every day and the wife plays a little each week.  Clearly there are still a lot of things to work out with the system.

Edit: same thing on the alt acct warrior this morning.  Logged into a borderland as red.  Ran into red owned things no problem.  Killed a roaming green player.  Switched back to mesmer and am now green again, like I was the whole first day of beta. (same match).  Will try warrior again in a bit to see if I am red or green, cause it seems to switch.

Edited by Ubi.4136
Add note
  • Thanks 1

Maybe it was full already. I guess the main priority is to make even matchups - and they might split alliances if necessary and if it is not possible otherwise without creating unbalanced matchups. Also this is a beta - and bugs might happen.

Imagine - later in the final setup - having an alliance with really maxed (the max is 500 isn't it?) amount of active players that play a lot. That alone might already be too much considering that there are only 4 real maps (and the edge of the mists that is for people left over if the other maps are full) ... this is a lot.

But at the moment there are guilds only I think? So I guess it is bugged unless there really is a huge guild that all by itself can send a lot of players (= almost 500 player chosing that guild to opt in where then it might have to split those players).

Edited by Luthan.5236

3 hours ago, Ubi.4136 said:

All 4 accts were both repping the guild AND had selected the guild in the alliance beta panel.  All 4  accts are played daily.  The first is my alt, and the second is my daughter's acct.  I do max tickets on the first and 4th accts every week and usually finish of get close to finishing the 4th acct (I am already full legendary so don't really need the tickets)  My daughter plays every day and the wife plays a little each week.  Clearly there are still a lot of things to work out with the system.

Edit: same thing on the alt acct warrior this morning.  Logged into a borderland as red.  Ran into red owned things no problem.  Killed a roaming green player.  Switched back to mesmer and am now green again, like I was the whole first day of beta. (same match).  Will try warrior again in a bit to see if I am red or green, cause it seems to switch.

Good information.

Lastly, was the guild selection done prior to the Thursday night deadline?  I don't mean to sound obnoxious with my questions.  Trying to be meticulous with obtaining information about potential bugs.  I hope Anet looks at your accounts to help determine the cause.

See, for example:

Edited by Chaba.5410

55 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Good information.

Lastly, was the guild selection done prior to the Thursday night deadline?  I don't mean to sound obnoxious with my questions.  Trying to be meticulous with obtaining information about potential bugs.  I hope Anet looks at your accounts to help determine the cause.

See, for example:

Yeah, the alliance guild panel selections were made Monday or Tuesday.  Busy week, so really don't remember which one.  Hopefully they'll get it all sorted out.  The whole reason we do betas anyway.

• Like 1