Mesmer will never be the class we want

Mell.4873

Any amount of positivity around Mesmer is hampered by a previous versions of the class. The second dodge probably won't come back in any meaningful way to Mirage, boon support will forever be split for Chronomancer. DPS for any high preforming build much like Elementalist will forever be nerfed. 

My point is talking about Mesmer anywhere outside reddit is a waste of time. We can't really control the way they balance the class at all. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 6
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 2

On 8/15/2022 at 1:09 PM, Mell.4873 said:

Any amount of positivity around Mesmer is hampered by a previous versions of the class. The second dodge probably won't come back in any meaningful way to Mirage, boon support will forever be split for Chronomancer. DPS for any high preforming build much like Elementalist will forever be nerfed. 

My point is talking about Mesmer anywhere outside reddit is a waste of time. We can't really control the way they balance the class at all. 

Didn’t you state you stopped playing Mesmer in another thread?

5 hours ago, Dayra.7405 said:

"Mesmer will never be the class we want"

How can you claim to know, what I want my mesmer to be?

In fact I am quite happy with my virtuoso. It's the first time I like Mesmer 🙂

7 minutes ago, taara.3217 said:

And I am with my Mirage 🙂

Just the one espec or the whole profession, core and all three especs??  

19 minutes ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

Just the one espec or the whole profession, core and all three especs??  

That's a very high bar to set. I think Engie is the only one that comes even close for me. I've enjoyed all three elite specs in various ways. But even with Engie, please don't make me play core. C(h)ore Engie was what I had to endure to get to the rest.

As for Mesmer, I enjoyed my Core Mesmer before there were any especs, and really love my Mirage. My attempts at Chronomance always felt clunky, and Pink Dagger Not-Mesmer Virtuoso will never feel like a Mesmer to me, though I may learn to like it as some sort of weird second cousin, once-removed from one of my favorite professions in the game.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Tiah.3091 said:

Wait, could you please explain once again, what makes reddit special in regards of talking about mesmer? Genuinely curious.

Its reported that they look at the reddit and not their own forums. This may have changed since I do see more moderation here in recent months. I think its more that the Dev engage reddit more on a personal level.

11 hours ago, Dayra.7405 said:

"Mesmer will never be the class we want"

How can you claim to know, what I want my mesmer to be?

In fact I am quite happy with my virtuoso. It's the first time I like Mesmer 🙂

I'm glad I'm getting push back, since I agree with you. I'm really addressing all the negative threads about nerfs. I agree with the factual side to the argument but I don't agree with being so negative around Mesmer nerfs.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

Didn’t you state you stopped playing Mesmer in another thread?

Yup I have stopped playing it recently. It doesn't mean I cant play it, I'm having a break.

We probably should all do that otherwise we get to bitter about class changes.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

• 1 month later...